2001 S281 to Twin Turbo project

01Saleen

O-town Leen
Established Member
Alright, sorry it has taken so long to get this going. Actually, I am already into my install. I recieved my kit from HP (new stage I with the 50mm garretts and upgraded tubing). Everything looks ok for now. Something may come up during the install though.
I already installed my cobra tank and pumps and fuel system upgrade from the Mod Depot. I also installed my Reichard Racing manifold with Chicane custom fabricated lines and rails and 75mm Throttle body.
I have removed my old suspension and K-member and am in the process of putting on the headers. I started last night but couldn't get all the bolts tight (it was late and my brain wasn't working so well). I am hoping to get those finished up tonight and get the install process up to the install of the new K-member.
I will probably head over to my bro's house to hop on his cable hook up to load the pictures. It is looking like a long process, I think taking out that pig of a K-member was a major road to cross. It is much cooler and more exciting to put in the new stuff then ripping out the old crap.

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
Cool man, are you going to get it done tomorrow?

When did you want to meet up with us for the trip down, cause done forget about seafair, theres going to be traffic in the afternoon

rick

01Saleen

O-town Leen
Established Member
No, I doubt I will get it finished tomorrow. My girlfriend is leaving for cape cod and she said she wants to see me before she goes. I may try to pull an all nighter if I am close though. It really depends how tonight goes. Nothing has gone as smoothly as I would have liked so far, so I doubt I will get it done. As for the seafair traffic, I am in O-town (Olympia), so there probably won't be any traffic between me and the Couve.
I am not sure when I will be going down (either Fri night or Sat morning). It depends on if there is a chance of getting her (the Leen) back together or not. You have to go with a tubular K to fit the kit. I am using the QA-1 K-member with Granatelli A-arms. I am also going to have my G-support bar welded on my K member for a little more strength/rigidity.
I hate to say it Mean, but you may not see that twin Leen yet. If I don't get it up for Saturday, I should have it done for sure for the 20th - my back-up dyno tune day (Jack Johnson at the Gorge is preventing me from going next weekend).

Joe5.0

Established Member
Dont say that yet man. Its only Thursday. If i was in your position id be working on that thing NON stop lol which im sure is what your doing....

01Saleen

O-town Leen
Established Member
Well, I haven't gotten my A-arms yet, and I got a little hung up on the K-member removal and the headers install. If things had went smoothly.....well, I guess I should have known that wasn't going to happen!
Anyway, there is no way I am going to get everything together tonight. I should have called in sick! I would have to say though, so far, the headers have been the worst part of the install. It seems all down hill after that. I should have it done by the end of the weekend.

01Saleen

O-town Leen
Established Member
I spent all Saturday (9am to 4:30 am Sunday morning) getting my turbos and all the tubing installed. I missed dyno day. That was kind of a bummer, but I accomplished a ton on the Leen. It looks sweet! I love all the tubing and they way everything looks. Unfortunately, HP did not send me a hose coupling and a couple clamps. I called yesterday and the secratary said they would call back - nothing yet....
I am going to try to get all the vacuum lines hooked up tonight. I want to drop off my oil pan tomorrow to have the fittings welded for the oil return lines. I am hoping for a Friday start-up. Keep your fingers crossed!
I tried to load some pics from my desktop last night but the installer was wigging out on my. I will make another attempt tonight.

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
great work, now lets see this imaginary turbo setup...JK...just trying to push you into putting up some pics of this beast

rick

01Saleen

O-town Leen
Established Member
Sometimes I wish it was imaginary! I think I would be getting a lot more sleep! I am stretched pretty thin, and I DO apologize for stinking it up on the pictures though. I will try to load them again tonight (I may have to use the laptop).
I didn't end up getting the oil pan dropped, but the boost controller, waste gates, and all other vacuum lines are hooked up. Oil pan removal tonight, and hopefully the welder can hook me up Thursday after work. Then, just give her some fluids and hopefully, with some luck, she will turn over on Frey-day.
How did you guys do at the dyno???

01Saleen

O-town Leen
Established Member
Alright, I loaded some pictures last night. It took FOREVER! I only got like 5 loaded on my image station. I will try to figure out how to get them onto here tonight.

01Saleen

O-town Leen
Established Member
Whew, sorry guys, it was a busy weekend. If you want some quick pics, email me, and I can send you an invite to my image station album. Otherwise, I will get to posting them when I can (hopefully, not to far down the road). I am pretty much ready to go. I talked to Fast Specialties though, and they want me to leave my car there for a couple of days. They said, they probably wouldn't be able to get it finished in a day. - This is EXTREMELY difficult seeing as I am SUPER DUPER anal about leaving my car with people. I don't really have a choice though. What is you guys opinions of the shop/people????

Users who are viewing this thread