2001 Tork Tech GT vs. 03/04 Cobra

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
2001 Tork Tech GT vs. 2004 Cobra

Drove my car down with my Euro buddies to Water by the Bridge in Louisville Kentucky this past weekend. It was a great weekend getaway! Of course when you're cruising with some old aircooled Volkswagens you can't go very fast as we were cruising back home going about 60. At one point I glance in the mirror and see a Comp orange 03/04 Cobra. He gets up next to me and gives it some pipe, so I know he's game!

I hear him drop three gears and take off, and I'm thinking what are you doing dude I want to do a pull! So I slowly follow suit to get back up next to him. Finally after a couple miles or so I get up to him and kick it down into third. Three honk it off and nothing, he doesn't take off. WTF!? So I slow back down and get next to him, he has his window down and I yell "Come on man, lets do a pull" He responds with "I guess"

So at 60 mph I drop down into third again, three honk it and we are off! The video will show you the outcome. The mods are unknown but from the other times of him passing me before we raced I could tell the car didn't have a stock pulley and it definitely had an exhaust. I also had a 250 pound passenger, clothes from a 3 day trip and a ton of camera gear in my car as my passenger is a photographer.

Afterwards, he pulls back up next to me and yells "What's done to that thing!?" With a bewildered look on his face, I yell back "it's got a blower" he gives me the thumbs up and takes off. So I'm guessing he definitely wasn't expecting the outcome! The ole' 2v still getting things done!

[video=youtube;uMkODzIrpXM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMkODzIrpXM[/video]

Last edited:

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Damn you pulled him good. He has to be close to stock if you're making the power in your sig.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
With a 5 speed and 3.73's there is a big time gearing advantage. Would've had quite a bit of a weight advantage too if it would've been equal passengers in both cars lol

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
That's right KLeech, Tork Tech FTW!

Haha the Tork Tech kit is great! So much fun to drive!

Good kill. Always nice to see a "Termi" owner get his ego squashed. Even better when done with a 2v.

I was pumped to finally give it a go with a terminator. No doubt more heavily modded cars will eat up a blown stock bottom end 2v. But it's cool to see a 2v running an eaton against a 4v running an eaton.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Haha the Tork Tech kit is great! So much fun to drive!

I was pumped to finally give it a go with a terminator. No doubt more heavily modded cars will eat up a blown stock bottom end 2v. But it's cool to see a 2v running an eaton against a 4v running an eaton.

basic bottom end build, some cams and some nitrous and that blown 2 valve will haul the mail. they make some insane torque numbers on blower + spray.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
basic bottom end build, some cams and some nitrous and that blown 2 valve will haul the mail. they make some insane torque numbers on blower + spray.

Ya know, I've never considered spray. The ultimate plan is a built bottom end, blower cams, and some trickflow twisted wedge heads. I'd like to see how far I can push a ported blower pullied down someday once the motors built before going with a Kenne Bell.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Very impressive 2V you have there Kyle. Nice kill, too. Can you post a couple of photos of your car?

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Not making excuses but that does not sound like a pullied Cobra. The whine is too faint. Sounds like a stock pulley with a CAI. Good runs either way.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Ya know, I've never considered spray. The ultimate plan is a built bottom end, blower cams, and some trickflow twisted wedge heads. I'd like to see how far I can push a ported blower pullied down someday once the motors built before going with a Kenne Bell.

My Lightning made the most power on a ported eaton + 150 shot. The instant torque response of the blower with the gigantic torque increase at the hit was incredible.

Good luck with everything. Keep posting vids. Love the car.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Not making excuses but that does not sound like a pullied Cobra. The whine is too faint. Sounds like a stock pulley with a CAI. Good runs either way.

Sadly I'll never know for sure since I didn't get to stop and talk to him. Doesn't even a minor bolt on cobra make in the 400rwhp range? So really even if the car was a stock pulley power numbers should be relatively close. But the times he punched it beside me before I got to him to race the pulley didn't sound stock, I ran my car on the stock pulley for a full year so I definitely know the quiet sound. Oh well, it was still a fun race, I'd never got to race an 04 before!

Good runs bud. Doing work.

Thanks man! It was a great time, and his car was beautiful I just love the comp orange!

My Lightning made the most power on a ported eaton + 150 shot. The instant torque response of the blower with the gigantic torque increase at the hit was incredible.

Good luck with everything. Keep posting vids. Love the car.

Thank you! When I have the money to finish everything I'll keep updating stuff. For now just enjoying it for what it is!

Last edited:

Rambro

Established Member
Nice kill. Torque tech 2 valve seems to be a nice power adder option. Now one of you 2 valve guys need to upgrade and buy my stock eaton/injectors/TB/plenum. Get it while it's hot!!!

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
Nice kill. But i agree with others that it didnt sound pullied in the video. If he was stock pulley your power would be similar and with your passenger weights would be similar. Not seeing how you could pull him that hard. Oh well. Anything can happen on the street.

D2Fresh16

Established Member
With a 5 speed and 3.73's there is a big time gearing advantage. Would've had quite a bit of a weight advantage too if it would've been equal passengers in both cars lol

Hell yeah man! I was at the track with a 03/04 cobra, pullied but I forget what size and how much power he made.. Anyway he was mid 12's and I was high 11's on the stock pulley,4.10s FTW lol. But at the end of the day I think I'd still prefer a termi over my car haha.

Users who are viewing this thread