2002 Mustang GT vs 2010 Challenger R/T

KECHDIS_GT

Established Member
So recently in my town a dude has brought a 2010 Dodge Challenger R/T. It has full exhaust and a cold air intake, so it makes around 390 HP. I have a 2002 Mustang GT with cold air intake and Magnaflow catback exhaust with and x-pipe, making around 290 HP. He has been talking smack ever since he has gotten his car, and so has all the people in the neighborhood. He has always told me that he is going to catch me on the road one day and today was that day. So Im cruising around seeing what happening and there he was. He flies past me and pulls into a gravel lot cutting donuts trying to showboat. So I go and pull up next to him and there he was talking shit, and he says lets go. So we drive out to the main highway. The first race was from a dig. We start off and he jumps out while I was spinning through 1st and 2nd, but unfortunately I miss 3rd so that race was pointless. We go again from a 40 roll, me in 3rd, three honks and we were off, me pulling off the whole time through 3rd and 4th. I hit 5th at about 120 letting off and his dumbass keeps going like he has won the race, but we had already raced further than a 1/4 mile. So we meet up in the median and he wants to go again. Last race again from a dig, we start and he jumps out me again spinning through 1st and 2nd. He was about a car link and a half in front. I hit 3rd and I blow past him then continued pulling off through 4th. I hit 5th and let off and once again this dumbass didnt know the race was over and continues on even though I flashed my emergency lights, and now he wants to race my friend that owns a 01 Cobra, has he not learned yet??? So to sum it all up a lil BONE STOCK 4.6 GT beat a Big Bad Challenger R/T with a 5.7 Hemi. Mopar guys you cant **** with the stallions !!!

JDUB348

Established Member
Nice kill :thumbsup:

Would be sad to see that poor lil challenger go against a terminator :lol: :nono:

I see a bunch of challengers at boeing and the guys getting out of them act like they are so badass and are all dressed up nice in there little dress up shirts and dress pants. Funny sight to see every time

Last edited:

slynch68

Established Member
I had a guy tell me his 2009 Challenger R/T would beat my 11'GT500 because he has 5.7L and I only have a 5.0 because my buddies 12' 5.0 was parked next to me. No replacement for displacement really got to his head apparently. I walked away.

Where in Mississippi is the badass 10' R/T at. If he wants to do a ricer/mopar flyby after we run to 120 i'll keep dragging his ass to 160

01CobraRJ21

Established Member
I had a guy tell me his 2009 Challenger R/T would beat my 11'GT500 because he has 5.7L and I only have a 5.0 because my buddies 12' 5.0 was parked next to me. No replacement for displacement really got to his head apparently. I walked away.

Where in Mississippi is the badass 10' R/T at. If he wants to do a ricer/mopar flyby after we run to 120 i'll keep dragging his ass to 160

the gulf coast..where do you stay?

slynch68

Established Member
Let's set it up. The challenger r/t, you, and me and show him what some cobras would do to that fatass mopar.

I was just going to text you as I recognized your car in your sig

01CobraRJ21

Established Member
Let's set it up. The challenger r/t, you, and me and show him what some cobras would do to that fatass mopar.

I was just going to text you as I recognized your car in your sig

lets do it...yea that was my friends GT he raced...but i will set it up

JS01SNAKE

Established Member
Had a challenger r/t mess with me once. Im guessing this one was stock though, judging by the outcome. OP, good kill..Any future mods planned?

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Don't know why people think their fast. I will say one thing though. With a good driver they have a great holeshot for some reason. 2nd gear and the race goes south for them.

5 ltr. beater

....in spacers we trust
Established Member
I had a guy tell me his 2009 Challenger R/T would beat my 11'GT500 because he has 5.7L and I only have a 5.0 because my buddies 12' 5.0 was parked next to me. No replacement for displacement really got to his head apparently.

....dam man...with that mentality my little 2.0L doesnt stand a chance against a 5.7 hemi...

Explosive

Established Member
I killed a R/T at the track last fall. hot lapped back to the staging lanes and the dudes like, "SRT8's are faster..."

sweet dude, guess you should have bought one then.

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
So recently in my town a dude has brought a 2010 Dodge Challenger R/T. It has full exhaust and a cold air intake, so it makes around 390 HP. I have a 2002 Mustang GT with cold air intake and Magnaflow catback exhaust with and x-pipe, making around 290 HP. He has been talking smack ever since he has gotten his car, and so has all the people in the neighborhood. He has always told me that he is going to catch me on the road one day and today was that day. So Im cruising around seeing what happening and there he was. He flies past me and pulls into a gravel lot cutting donuts trying to showboat. So I go and pull up next to him and there he was talking shit, and he says lets go. So we drive out to the main highway. The first race was from a dig. We start off and he jumps out while I was spinning through 1st and 2nd, but unfortunately I miss 3rd so that race was pointless. We go again from a 40 roll, me in 3rd, three honks and we were off, me pulling off the whole time through 3rd and 4th. I hit 5th at about 120 letting off and his dumbass keeps going like he has won the race, but we had already raced further than a 1/4 mile. So we meet up in the median and he wants to go again. Last race again from a dig, we start and he jumps out me again spinning through 1st and 2nd. He was about a car link and a half in front. I hit 3rd and I blow past him then continued pulling off through 4th. I hit 5th and let off and once again this dumbass didnt know the race was over and continues on even though I flashed my emergency lights, and now he wants to race my friend that owns a 01 Cobra, has he not learned yet??? So to sum it all up a lil BONE STOCK 4.6 GT beat a Big Bad Challenger R/T with a 5.7 Hemi. Mopar guys you cant **** with the stallions !!!

So much hardcoreness in your kill story BRO

even though I flashed my emergency lights
Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn sonnnnn shit just got realll bro....

betcha you showed him bro... how frikin fast and hardcore your are

Last edited:

TurboPh1sh

Established Member
I ran a newer Challenger R/T at the track ( intake, catless x, maybe shorty headers, and a tune) and he ran a 12.6 with the automatic.... They aren't that slow.

ramstein

Established Member
I'd expect 5.7 R/T to do better against stockish 02 GT.
Nonetheless nice kill:beer:.

Users who are viewing this thread