2002 Mustang GT vs 2010 Challenger R/T

KECHDIS_GT

Established Member
That's what I came to ask.

OP, you're not making 290 to the wheels with 3/4 exhaust and a CAI and whatever else pity bolt-on you may have. :lol: And the ones who think this shit is real is even funnier! No near stock GT (99-04) is gonna run with a Challenger/Charger. Sorry.

Well I did.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Even 270rwhp in a 3300lb car vs what 320-330 (new engine, older models < 320rwhp) in a 4000lb (new ones are 4100 i believe, older just under) car?? This is hard to believe?

By this logic my maybe 340rwhp ls1 would have been spanked by my buddies 370rwhp srt8.

Last edited:

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
It is hard to believe when you look at the horsepower ratings. 400 horsepower should do alot but... going fast has alot more to it than just horsepower. Gearing, and weight are a huge factor.

Consider the 1994-1995 mustang 5.0. It only has 215 horsepower, and 288 foot pounds of torque. With the stock timing a 5 speed can run 14.9-14.7 in the quarter. Bump the timing and you can run low 14's. Add all the usual bolt-ons with a good rear gear like 3.73's or 4.10's and you've got a mid 13 second car. It's been done numerous times and recorded in the last 15 years or so.

The 99-04 should do better seeing as it has 260 flywheel horsepower as a starting point.

Last edited:

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
I think it's possible. I personally witnessed my wife keep up with a GTO in her bone stock 2002 GT. The guy was tailgating and pissing her off, when the road opened into 4 lanes, he went to pass, but she held him off. He only managed to pull 1/2 a car, barely.

Anything can happen on the street.

KECHDIS_GT

Established Member
I think it's possible. I personally witnessed my wife keep up with a GTO in her bone stock 2002 GT. The guy was tailgating and pissing her off, when the road opened into 4 lanes, he went to pass, but she held him off. He only managed to pull 1/2 a car, barely.

Thank You :beer:

50q's

Established Member
OP. I would have to disagree with your power numbers as well. look over on corral and I see nobody making over 280 to the wheels with every bolt on imaginable. Best numbers over there were 278rwhp and that was everybolt on known to man. You would clearly at least have to either have cams or port work to make 290 to the wheels. ask me how i know. I have a bolt on gt minus headers and underdrive and make about 255. with lt and underdrive maybe i couldve push 270. 290 on a full bolt on gt. Sorry I might believe the race as in a driver mod but not the horsepower numbers. you dont have a factory freak.

50q's

Established Member

Ive done that in my old gt. 2002 gt no work and buddies 04gto a4. He was pissed like it was my fault. But I did out lauch him by like 2 1/2 cars on the street. He didnt get the memo you can just smash the gas and let the car do the work.

Colt .45

Established Member
OP. I would have to disagree with your power numbers as well. look over on corral and I see nobody making over 280 to the wheels with every bolt on imaginable. Best numbers over there were 278rwhp and that was everybolt on known to man. You would clearly at least have to either have cams or port work to make 290 to the wheels. ask me how i know. I have a bolt on gt minus headers and underdrive and make about 255. with lt and underdrive maybe i couldve push 270. 290 on a full bolt on gt. Sorry I might believe the race as in a driver mod but not the horsepower numbers. you dont have a factory freak.

Maybe he was referring to 290 at the motor?

50q's

Established Member
I know of quite a few gt with just bolt ons running low 13's with a good driver. I dont think what he is saying is not possible and I would say if he could drive then i see no reason why he couldnt walk an r/t.

slynch68

Established Member
For all you number junkies that know the new challenger would beat a 2v with a couple of bolt ons your correct...but you guys all need to stop hating and over analyzing.

The guy in the challenger probably doesn't have the feel for his new car so the driving came into play. A win is a win

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
Meh, Challengers aren't all that fast, I could see this win.

And since when is an intake and a full exhaust a "bone stock" car?

Riptide

Established Member
Know a guy with an R/T that was stock minus the air filter. Bottom 13s in the 1/4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatwat

OneBadWS6

Established Member
A mild bolt-on 99-04 mustang with the right rear gear runs mid to high 13's in the quarter. To make 290 to the wheels he has to at least have head work done, and will be capable of running high 12's.

A near stock Challenger/Charger usually runs low 14's, high 13's with an average driver. So yeah the 99-04 gt would be a good race with those 4,000 pound behemoths.

The Srt8 is a completely different story.

The old 5.7 Hemi the new 5.7 Hemi is a night and day difference

OneBadWS6

Established Member
Me driving a charger means nothing. Ive had plenty of friends with 2v's and I have run enough stock and modded 2v GT's in my GFs 350z to know how they run. A new R/T should kill you every time bottom line. :coolman:[/QUOTE

I disagree about killing me everytime...i mean it was a simple race, all the challenger had to do was stomp on the gas and hold it, and i had no traction at all through 1st and 2nd, but 3rd ate him up...he got beat, and i can guarantee if you change the driver that the same thing would happen again

Not true at all, theres a thing called autostick. We will never know if he used it or not. Since he just got it im betting he left it in D. Heres my Lid,Catback 01 WS6 vs an 02 GT with exhaust. This is why I just dont see it happening. I gave the GT a 2 car head start.

http://www.streetfire.net/video/2001-ws6-vs-2002-mustang-gt_726390.htm

Last edited:

2K1 SVT

Established Member
No it didn't. Nobody is putting those numbers down. you would be around 270 to the wheels 275 at the most. let's all be honest.

+1 the average I've seen for a full bolt on 2v is 26x whp

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
Good kill man I live on the coast as well. Everybody likes doubting the 2v.

Users who are viewing this thread