2003 Black Cobra - 507hp

Carbon Driven

Established Member
Actually, I should know around Tuesday/Wednesday (job situation) as I am interested but am concerned about transporting the car cross country. This car has 20k more miles then mine so there is no way I would want to drive it cross country. :D

Anyone have a resource for shipping a car cross country? I need to figure if the cost of shipping will be a problem. Could you help/offset the shiping cost? When everything falls into place I will send you my offer (if the car is still available).

Jack Burton

Established Member
I wouldn't worry as much about the reliability of the car as far as driving it across the country. I think it would just be very time consuming. Hell, with the amount of time it would take you, hotels, food, gas, etc... shipping might even be cheaper. I dunno, never drove across the country. I drove 500 miles to pick the car up. As far as shipping it, I don't know of anybody that does so I wouldn't be able to help you out with that one. As far as covering the shipping charges, I'm leaving that up to the buyer. I keep getting local bites on teh car (still have a guy on the line a couple hours away that is waiting on a deal to go through before he can buy the car). Let me know know how things go with the new job opportunity and send me your offer if everything goes smoothly for you :beer:

Carbon Driven

Established Member
Thanks and Ok. I have to be responsible as business is dropping with the bad economy over here and I dont want to wait to see how bad it gets over the holidays so I'm getting a regular job in addition to working my business on the side to retain my clients etc. I can go back if things pickup next year etc. but I barely made it through last holiday season. Otherwise I would be able to make a serious offer already and feel secure with spending all that money.

Yea, I was more concerned with time/travel costs vs doing the actual driving (also would like to keep an extra 3000 miles off of it too) ;)

I could have sworn I read a post somewhere on this site of a member that was involved with transporting cars or such. Hmm, still searching but if anyone else knows, shot me a pm or such.

Last edited:

Jack Burton

Established Member
No probs man, I understand you fully. No need to put yourself in a bad spot, play it safe. Keep me up to speed man :beer:

Jack Burton

Established Member
Sunday bump

But, I'm almost thinking I might keep it since I LOVE the car and it seems like more aggrevation than it's worth to sell it :p

:beer:

Jack Burton

Established Member
Haha, it's funny that you say that. I'd say by far, I've had more offers on the wheels than anything else lol. For now I'm going to keep the car. If I keep the car I want to keep the rims since I like them. Although I have to admit, I think the stock cobra rims are bad ass looking, they just seem to fit the flow of the car perfectly. Nice sb cobra, one of my favorite colors :beer:

Jack Burton

Established Member
Well, I guess my mind may have changed. I drove the car today and fell back in love with it. That, and after dealing with countless tire kickers and low ballers I don't think I want to deal with the BS that is involved with selling the car. So, I think I'm going to keep it for now and enjoy it :beer:

Ortoch

Established Member
Hey man I just joined this forum after having my 05 GT get totalled in a wreck on the way up here to maryland from florida and I am def looking for a good termi to replace her.

If your still selling lemme know if not good luck! :D

-James

SBSnake

Established Member
thanks man, those wheels are awesome though. ive been looking for a used set cause im still in college and theyre still pretty pricey :shrug:

Jack Burton

Established Member
Yeah, they tend to carry a hefty price tag due to the fact that they don't make them anymore. Damn shame they don't make that nice rim anymore.

ScreeminSVT

Banned
Ive been watching the car on ebay. If you can hang on to it a bit longer I will take it from you. Doesnt seem like your pressed to sell it. Let me get some things in order and ill give you 22,000 for it. Let me know if you want to work something out.

Thanks
Rob

Last edited:

Jack Burton

Established Member
Ive been watching the car on ebay. If you can hang on to it a bit longer I will take it from you. Doesnt seem like your pressed to sell it. Let me get some things in order and ill give you 22,000 for it. Let me know if you want to work something out.

Thanks
Rob

Let me know when you decide. I may have a weak moment :rolling:

Sharkster

Established Member
thanks man, those wheels are awesome though. ive been looking for a used set cause im still in college and theyre still pretty pricey :shrug:
Ive got identicals to his and mine will be going up for sale shortly
Sorry to jump on your bro.
Bump for ya and I cant believe this car hasnt sold... my god

Jack Burton

Established Member
No prob man, if you can work out a rim deal with the guy tht would be great. I also must admit that I'm surprised that I've had so much trouble trying to sell the car. Definitely playing a role in me deciding that I'll more than likely keep the car.

Users who are viewing this thread