2003 Cobra Coupe - 13k miles, built, F1A

WDW MKR

Established Member
I'll preface this by saying I have no reason to sell this car other than I'm too busy to enjoy it right now and have my eyes on a different future project. If it doesn't sell, I'm not heartbroken... I'll just continue to enjoy it when I can. Haven't raced or fully dyno'd (just tuning dyno rental time) since completing the build, as I just don't have the time.

I drove the car right off the showroom floor and it's been treated to nothing but the best since that time. It's a beautiful black 13K mile hard top with a custom Procharger F1A-C conversion. Many have probably seen some of the build threads on this forum. You can also check with any local references on T O L E D O T U N E R S (Toledo, OH) or www.hsvracing.com (Huntsville, AL) regarding in-person condition of the car. It is an absolute hit anywhere I take it. Asking price $31,999.

Below are some of the highlights:

-Modular Powerhouse (Proline-built) 8.9:1 Teksid-based shortblock w/ updated Jan05 heads and Crower Stage III cams
-Treadstone front-mount IC w/ custom charge piping and Sulivan upper/lower intakes
-full returnless fuel system w/ Fore hat, dual GT pumps, Injector Dynamics ID1000 injectors, KB BAP w/ wiring upgrade, etc
-full exhaust w/ MAC 1-5/8 long tubes, x-pipe and Dynomax 3" catback
-upgraded cooling
-full Maximum Motorsports suspension w/ k-member, coilovers, bump steer, full length subrame connectors, C/C plates, FTBR delrin bushings throughout, etc
-FRPP 4.10 rear gear w/ Billetflow IRS brace, DSS Level 5 halfshafts
-Tremec T56 Magnum w/ custom driveshaft and blueprinted Promotion clutch setup
-FRPP 2000 Cobra R brake kit w/ slotted Brembo rotors and EBC pads (front & back)
-custom Arizen Racing seats covered and stitched to match stock interior w/ aluminum rear seat delete panel
-hyrdographic "Reaper" treatment through engine bay, interior, and trunk
-J&S Vampire Knock-guard system (independent cylinder knock-based timing control)
-AIS Stage II Progressive Meth Injection (installed and never used - currently running E85)
-WedsSport SA-70 wheels 18x9/18x10 (have stock wheels)

There are lots of other little details, but this is a lengthy build with all top notch parts. It would take nearly double the asking price to duplicate this effort, not including labor. I have every piece of paperwork to go with the car, including documented maintenance records (e.g. oil changes, plugs, mods, etc).

A short idle vid can be viewed, here:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhDDxmPPdC8"]2003 Cobra F1A-C idle - YouTube[/nomedia]

DSCF2251.gif

DSCF2252.gif

DSCF2257.gif

IMAG0252.gif

IMAG0251.gif

IMAG0254.gif

IMAG0257.gif

IMAG0256.gif

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
God damn this thing is sooo sick!!! I wish I had money. Good luck with the sale man I don't see this lasting to long..

WDW MKR

Established Member
Not to hijack but what is Hydrographics?? Airbrush kinda? Thanks

It's a dipping process that involves a patterned film (solid or transparent) suspended in water. The part is typically prep'd, primed (color can alter final appearance), the film cut and activated, the part dipped, cured and cleared. The more complex the piece, the more complicated the process.

Here is a quick video that explains the highlights, without much info on the part prep and final finish...

How-To: Woodgrain a Dash. - YouTube

Last edited:

Blackedout

Established Member
DAMN.... NICE LOOKING RIDE.... :thumbsup: have any pics of the motor ??

Blackedout

Established Member
Looking to see what you did with the PCV on the driver side valve cover... How much boost is it pushing ???

Hyperstang

Iron Fist Lead Foot
Established Member
Sweet ride :beer: GLWS!! I think I've seen it in Muscle Mustang or 5.0 Magazine I can't remember which one though

Users who are viewing this thread