2003 Cobra involved in fatal crash in Doyelstown, Pa 11/21

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
No way he was doing 140+ when he crashed, how would he be alive?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
maybe you should actually read some of the articles posted. it is entirely possible and he did not survive unscathed, he was ****ed up pretty bad and his GF is still in the hospital.

he spread debris over 300 YARDS man, that is 3 football fields. it was not a sub 100mph crash

PaladinMan187

Ford/Subaru Parts Guru
Established Member

From looking at the info and some of the images, there are several factors involved.

1. They were newer vehicles with crumple zones and decent energy absorbing structures.

2. The CRV took A LOT of the energy and displaced it, while one passenger died one still survived and wasn't listed as still hospitalized so I can only assume the grandmother faired the best out of all involved.

3. The car kept on going for a while so thats where a lot of energy went so it didn't get tranfered to the occupants in a sudden stop.

4. Debris spread over 300 yards. Oh yes its conceivable it was a 100+mph crash.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
guy that faired the best was the idiot driver. he was out of the hospital and out on bail while his GF and the Grandmother were still in the Hospital. the grandmother was still in critical condition, while he was sitting comforably at home being nursed by his mommy.

From looking at the info and some of the images, there are several factors involved.

1. They were newer vehicles with crumple zones and decent energy absorbing structures.

2. The CRV took A LOT of the energy and displaced it, while one passenger died one still survived and wasn't listed as still hospitalized so I can only assume the grandmother faired the best out of all involved.

3. The car kept on going for a while so thats where a lot of energy went so it didn't get tranfered to the occupants in a sudden stop.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.

100+ is a big difference from 140+. I guess its possible just seems like it would be near impossible to survive something like that.

PaladinMan187

Ford/Subaru Parts Guru
Established Member
100+ is a big difference from 140+. I guess its possible just seems like it would be near impossible to survive something like that.

This is true. I've seen someone ejected from a car at 120+ without A SCRATCH! I've watched an EMT pronounce someone DOA in a 40MPH wreck when wearing a seatbelt. Its all in the variables. Between being an EMT and working in a body shop it all proved to me that there are a ton of factors to consider and while it may look clear, cut and dry it rarely ever is.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member

the Cops that investigated have a LOT of experience in estimating vehicle speed at the time of impact. their estimation according to the article was somewhere between 140 and 154 mph. people have survived worse.

95PGTTech

Established Member

Forensic investigators with advanced degrees in physics and vehicle dynamics and decades of on-scene experience made that estimation from patterns and measurements taken at the scene of the incident.

But we'll just take your word on it, you're probably right. Take a mustang headlight and try and throw it 300 yards. Let me know how fast it has to be going to get that far.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Guy looks older than 37...

50ca0a5579d1d.image.jpg

I thought this was a pic of the guy driving the Caddy

Users who are viewing this thread