2003 Cobra vs 2003 Porsche 911 GT3

Sean@LethalPerformance

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The old GT3's are pretty quick. Good kill. At this point anyone driving anything 996 doesn't have much room to brag or think they're hot shit.

I would speak to soon on that bc there are plenty 900+ whp 996 turbos out there. My dad had his at just shy of 600whp/Tq with his tune, full exhaust an intake. He traded it last week and I hte him for it. The old man didn't want to shift anymore

b_dike

Established Member
Nice kill op... but watch out if you change your plates. He might be headed back to the dealer to get a gt2. Lol

TheHitman™

Established Member
Nice kill OP, but a 996 GT3 isn't a 100k car anymore. You can pick one up used in the high 30k range. Another thing is a GT3 is track monster. The guy's a prick for trying to exert outside of its best element. It is a very tough car to play with around the track.

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
AWESOME KILL. Make sure the people he always brags to know what went down. I'd slowly drive by often :burn: "GT3KILR" tags :beer:

mr-proper

Established Member
So I was on my way to the liquor store to grab me a bottle of moonshine and on the highway i came across a 911 GT3...I know its a 2003 because the owner lives in my subdivision and always brags to one of our neighbors how he has the fastest car around. I just picked my cobra up in jan 2013, so this is one of the first times i have had it out in the milwaukee area. Anyway, the GT3 came up from behind me and went past me, so i decided to catch up to him. He gave me the thumbs up and on 3 we went from about 55 -100. I beat him by about 3 car lengths and went on my way to the liquor store. I was checking out and I saw him pull up to the store, walk in and grab an expensive bottle of scotch. I walked outside and waited for him to get out of the store; he walked out and said to me "nice car, but it is still a mustang" i said back to him, "i live for times like this when i can beat a 100k plus car" he told me to F off and we both went on our way..I wanted to say something more to him, but he looked kinda pissed off..needless to say, I am still grinning from ear to ear.....what a great first kill :banana:

childish :nonono: and it makes it look like your broke, :lol: !

TheHitman™

Established Member
Nice kill OP, but a 996 GT3 isn't a 100k car anymore. You can pick one up used in the high 30k range. Another thing is a GT3 is track monster. The guy's a prick for trying to exert outside of its best element. It is a very tough car to play with around the track.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Deja-vu? :shrug:
To his defense, the Porsche owner deserved it with that smart ass remark. :shrug:

I wonder if he would've gotten offended by calling it just a regular Boxster.
Good kill O.P! Hopefully he doesn't trade it in for a GT2 or a 911 Turbo.

weaselp1

Established Member

To his defense, the Porsche owner deserved it with that smart ass remark. :shrug:

thanks! :rockon:

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member

I would have asked the guy if it was a Miata..obviously the Cobra was "just a Mustang" and it beat him lol

95PGTTech

Established Member

I was thinking the same exact thing. Who roll races a N/A road course car against a roll race monster? That's like taking my funny car to the autocross. Or the BMX track.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member

I don't think anyone claiming to beat a 100k car with a Mustang looks "broke"?

But I guees a 100k car is pocket change for you? And the GT3 owner wasn't

childish with his Mustang comment and the F-off comment?

I love the pseudo-rich who post here? Somehow you can afford 100K+ cars

but slum it here on the SVTP boards with us and Mustangs?

When my Lambo is in the shop I drive my Cobra so I can stay in touch with the common man..I feel you man...all these poor people driving Mustangs

02SVTV6

Established Member
I'm totally saying that to the next over priced car/ exotic I put a whoppin on that thinks they're slick with that remark.. Haha thanks

And nice kill op, from first glance I thought it said it was a gt2 run.. Now those gt2's aka the widow makers a rare! But yeah the low Tq of the gt3 doesn't stand a chance against a termi.

Last I checked we are comparing a Bolt on supercharged V8 against a all motor flat 6 Porsche GT3 which isn't even the 4.0 version. Good chance it was stock and only lost by "3" cars as the OP says which stock for stock GT3 would crush a terminator and a bolt on GT3 will have no issue hanging with one. A newer 4.0 6 cyl GT3 makes 500bhp all motor which the trq is still just under 400 but would do 0-60 in under 4 sec I'm all for whooping people's cars that they think are exotic so can't be beaten however GT3 still > Terminator.

S8ER01Z

Established Member

When my Lambo is in the shop I drive my Cobra so I can stay in touch with the common man..I feel you man...all these poor people driving Mustangs

This.. lmao...

b_dike

Established Member
I don't think anyone claiming to beat a 100k car with a Mustang looks "broke"?

But I guees a 100k car is pocket change for you? And the GT3 owner wasn't

childish with his Mustang comment and the F-off comment?

Thank you... :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread