2003 Cobra vs 2003 Porsche 911 GT3

Fassssst

Established Member
Last I checked we are comparing a Bolt on supercharged V8 against a all motor flat 6 Porsche GT3 which isn't even the 4.0 version. Good chance it was stock and only lost by "3" cars as the OP says which stock for stock GT3 would crush a terminator and a bolt on GT3 will have no issue hanging with one. A newer 4.0 6 cyl GT3 makes 500bhp all motor which the trq is still just under 400 but would do 0-60 in under 4 sec I'm all for whooping people's cars that they think are exotic so can't be beaten however GT3 still > Terminator.
:beer: Your point is well taken , but a street win is still a win . The beautiful part about this one though , is the fact that Porsche Pussy Man got so pissed off , that he actually said **ck off !!!! That is SO rich !!! No pun intended

Storm728

Established Member
Last I checked we are comparing a Bolt on supercharged V8 against a all motor flat 6 Porsche GT3 which isn't even the 4.0 version. Good chance it was stock and only lost by "3" cars as the OP says which stock for stock GT3 would crush a terminator and a bolt on GT3 will have no issue hanging with one. A newer 4.0 6 cyl GT3 makes 500bhp all motor which the trq is still just under 400 but would do 0-60 in under 4 sec I'm all for whooping people's cars that they think are exotic so can't be beaten however GT3 still > Terminator.

last time i checked the gt3 rs 4.0 is a limited production semi racecar that costs near 200k and only 600 were made total. were comparing apples to oranges from the get go no need to take the gap further. judging by the outcome here id say terminator>gt3 ;-)

childish :nonono: and it makes it look like your broke, :lol: !

What's interesting is that based on the OP's post...the Porsche snob seems to brag about having the fastest car in the subdivision. Ok. Apparently he doesn't have much going on in life...if that even comes up as a talking point among neighbors...

(hey I got the fastest car in my neighborhood and this side of town...derpty derp derp)

Then he can't be even graceful in defeat, after running his big mouth, and has to cuss someone out when they get raped on the street. But its the mustang guy that looks childish? And if they both live in the same subdivision where exactly does this 'broke' issue fit into this discussion? Go troll elsewhere. You're not even a good one.

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
Porsche didn't sell a 2003 GT3 in the US. The 996 GT3 was only available for the 2004/2005 model years.

Based on the Porsche owner having such a big mouth, I'd say he probably has a GT3 body kit on his standard Carrera 2. Guys who do this (you know, the same ones who put AMG badges all over their C-class, or Cobras on the side of their V6 Stangs) are usually nothing but talk.

I can't speak for the one prick you met, but most of the members of our local Porsche club are some of the nicest car people I've met in town. The LAST place 99% of them will be is out street racing, or at the drags, but a high percentage of them do participate in the autocross and track events. In either one of these settings, if you do run into a real GT3, don't plan on running for slips!

Nice kill! :beer:

S8ER01Z

Established Member
I can't speak for the one prick you met, but most of the members of our local Porsche club are some of the nicest car people I've met in town. The LAST place 99% of them will be is out street racing, or at the drags, but a high percentage of them do participate in the autocross and track events. In either one of these settings, if you do run into a real GT3, don't plan on running for slips!

Nice kill! :beer:

I will add a huge second to this... over a dozen Porsche guys were at RA last week and not a single one of them had an elitist chip on their shoulder. I actually got to talk to well over half of them as I did tech and they were just car guys who happened to own a Porsche. :beer:

IMG_4352-S.jpg

SVTCobra1993

Established Member
Props to the OP, that was basically a Terminator doing what Terminators were designed for. Namely making German sports car drivers look dumb.

jbal

Established Member
Beautiful story OP. I've been in similar situations.

+1 on the Porsche guys being cool at track events. Surprising to me, but true.

zacmustang03

Established Member
Porsche guys usually don't have a chip on there shoulder and are quite happy. Makes perfect sense to me they own a dam Porsche ! . Its nice to hear a story where an American made car takes it to the competition that steps out of its comfort zone. Between these two cars one is far better in the twistys as the cobra is more of a straight line animal. Good job Op

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
So I was on my way to the liquor store to grab me a bottle of moonshine and on the highway i came across a 911 GT3...I know its a 2003 because the owner lives in my subdivision and always brags to one of our neighbors how he has the fastest car around. I just picked my cobra up in jan 2013, so this is one of the first times i have had it out in the milwaukee area. Anyway, the GT3 came up from behind me and went past me, so i decided to catch up to him. He gave me the thumbs up and on 3 we went from about 55 -100. I beat him by about 3 car lengths and went on my way to the liquor store. I was checking out and I saw him pull up to the store, walk in and grab an expensive bottle of scotch. I walked outside and waited for him to get out of the store; he walked out and said to me "nice car, but it is still a mustang" i said back to him, "i live for times like this when i can beat a 100k plus car" he told me to F off and we both went on our way..I wanted to say something more to him, but he looked kinda pissed off..needless to say, I am still grinning from ear to ear.....what a great first kill :banana:

He told you to F off and you walked on? After stomping his car you should have stomped his ass! Stand for something or you'll fall for anything.

weaselp1

Established Member
Props to the OP, that was basically a Terminator doing what Terminators were designed for. Namely making German sports car drivers look dumb.

+1

Beautiful story OP. I've been in similar situations.

+1 on the Porsche guys being cool at track events. Surprising to me, but true.

i agree, porshce guys are great at track events...at track events being the key word :)

He told you to F off and you walked on? After stomping his car you should have stomped his ass! Stand for something or you'll fall for anything.

lol...i prefer to let my terminator do the talking. :rockon:

Naturesmistake

Established Member
I don't think anyone claiming to beat a 100k car with a Mustang looks "broke"?

When my Lambo is in the shop I drive my Cobra so I can stay in touch with the common man..I feel you man...all these poor people driving Mustangs

:lol: This deserves a "most interesting man" meme... Funny shit...I have seen some rich folks with Mustangs in their collection however. Someone can talk shit about Mustangs but they're iconic whether they want to admit it or not... That's why foreign guys pay big $$ to import crappy little sixers, let alone a Shelby. :beer:

Good kill OP that guy sounded like a total snobby wannabe.

Last edited:

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Nice kill Mike

Just be careful, that high pitched whine can be very addicting.:beer:

kaz109

Established Member
Nice kill...even tho GT3 owner is a dick idk which car I would rather have...03-04 terminator coupe is a timeless master piece but a GT3 is the ultimate canyon carver ...I couldn't lose either way I went

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread