2003 Sonic Blue Stolen 02-25

lethal

Established Member
I feel pretty lucky and I'm glad the car's getting fixed. When it was gone, I immediately went online to try to find a blue coupe, and only one was for sale, heavily modded and it was on its fourth owner. I wasn't digging that. I am glad I got it back and all I can say is the 4 hours from the time it was noticed gone until the police called me to say they had it were a whirlwind and I was in complete shock. The only way this car will be out of my life is after I croak. Of course, they'll have to pry the keys from my cold, dead hands.

lethal

Established Member
Just a quick update. Apparently, the ECU was stolen, I have no idea how much they are worth. I guess that is why the passengers side kick panel was removed. Since I have a pullied and programmed computer I'll have to stay out of the pedal until I pick up the car and reprogram it with the predator. The good news is that I called Diablo, and they are going to reset the unit for me so I can reprogram the new computer.

Yay fun, getting a car stolen is really crappy =(

John

lethal

Established Member
Car should be back next week. I had them complete the insurance work and then they did a full tear down and repaint the whole car. I can't wait to get it back, been gone for a month + now. Going to have a nice long drive when I get it home. One other thing: I got what was one of the very first units for the 03 (in fact, my car was used as a test mule for the programming). They have a new generation of hardware, since I had to send it in to get it unlocked, I found out they could swap out the hardware for $100+ship. If you have an older predator it is worth it, ability to store more tunes, plus more features so you can interface it with your PC and get all sorts of cool stats.

Users who are viewing this thread