2003 Terminator FAQ

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
T o answer Dan, the FAQ is hosted on my site, listed in my sig. To answer beabout, No, the Alpha is all that's out. I am working on the Beta, which will be in HTML, but the conversion is a long process.

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
Originally posted by NetworkingGuru
T o answer Dan, the FAQ is hosted on my site, listed in my sig. To answer beabout, No, the Alpha is all that's out. I am working on the Beta, which will be in HTML, but the conversion is a long process.

Why is the conversion a problem? Just pull the document up in MS Word 2000 and save it in HTML.....

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Originally posted by harry gilbert
Why is the conversion a problem? Just pull the document up in MS Word 2000 and save it in HTML.....

Becuase I created it without hyperlinks, so now I have to go through and hyperlink everything. Besides, I am trying to add a lot more info to the FAQ, and it is a bit of a daunting task. Still working on it, just haven't had time to do a whole lot with it.

frank3si

Established Member
Yes, I have to add my thanks again - with my Cobra due to be delivered any minute now, this FAQ was a constant reference source the last few weeks, and will continue to be my "look here first" tool. Looking forward to the HTML version!

Frank

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
FINALLY!!

Sorry for the delay guys, the conversion took me forever. Here's a list of changes:

1.6. What’s New in this version?
The following changes have been made in this version: Entire FAQ converted to HTML, Hyperlinked index and (hopefully) all web addresses hyperlinked. Sections modified: 1.2, 1.4, 1.5, 2.1.9, 2.1.14, 2.2.2, 2.2.3, 2.2.4, 2.2.13.4, 3.7, 3.10, 3.14, 3.15.6, 3.19, 3.22, 3.24, 3.38, 4.1, 4.7, 4.10

Sections added: 1.6, 2.1.17, 3.15.4.4, 3.50

You can get it here: www.alfageek.com/03faq.htm

frank3si

Established Member
Great job!!! :beer:

Frank

PS - My only question would be future updates. I'd definitely like to see my dealer, Darin Kreiss at Maguire's Ford, added for Pennsylvania in section 2.1.17

Last edited:

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Originally posted by frank3si
Great job!!! :beer:

Frank

PS - My only question would be future updates. I'd definitely like to see my dealer, Darin Kreiss at Maguire's Ford, added for Pennsylvania in section 2.1.17

NP, the dealer section will most likely be updated often. I am going to try to have another version out soon (no promises on when though), as there are things I forgot to add.

davidmax

Established Member
I have found 0 weight changed every 4500-5500 is a great combo.Also 1st change at 500 miles.Dave S.

davidmax

Established Member
I have found 0 weight changed every 4500-5500 is a great combo.Also 1st change at 500 miles.Dave S.

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
Also, dont forget to get a 3rd key as soon as possible...the securilock keys provided with new fords can become quite expensive, especially if you loose one of the original two keys.....

It takes 2 keys to program the third, if one of the original TWO is lost, it takes over one hour for a tech to program the new key

Keys are approximately 40 dollars to have one cut at the dealer, if they need to have a lost key programed it can cost up to 180 dollars:eek:

To program the 3rd key: insert the first original key, turn to accy on(do not start) and remove; insert the second original key turn to accy on(do not start), insert the new cut key and turn to start(the vehicle should start) if it does not, see the salesperson at the parts counter.

I had a customer(from another dealership) who lost BOTH of his keys and one of the only two for his other vehicle, it cost approx 600 dollars to reprogram 3 and cut 2 spares :(

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Originally posted by KevinB120
Also, dont forget to get a 3rd key as soon as possible...the securilock keys provided with new fords can become quite expensive, especially if you loose one of the original two keys.....

It takes 2 keys to program the third, if one of the original TWO is lost, it takes over one hour for a tech to program the new key

Keys are approximately 40 dollars to have one cut at the dealer, if they need to have a lost key programed it can cost up to 180 dollars:eek:

To program the 3rd key: insert the first original key, turn to accy on(do not start) and remove; insert the second original key turn to accy on(do not start), insert the new cut key and turn to start(the vehicle should start) if it does not, see the salesperson at the parts counter.

I had a customer(from another dealership) who lost BOTH of his keys and one of the only two for his other vehicle, it cost approx 600 dollars to reprogram 3 and cut 2 spares :(

Kevin,

Thanks for the info and the compliments :) I'll add this to the next version as well. I didn't realize getting a new key was such a PITA.

Users who are viewing this thread