2003 Terminator FAQ

frank3si

Established Member
NetworkingGuru, your FAQ is fantastic. I think I'm finally getting my ducks in a row to order a Cobra, and this collection of info has really been a big help. One suggestion: item 2.2.8 How does the supercharger work? points to a link with missing graphics, though the text remaining is still very good. This link at Eaton's site: automotive.eaton.com/product/engine_controls/whysuperchargers.html provides very good additional info and illustrations.

Again, thanks for your efforts....

Frank

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Originally posted by frank3si
NetworkingGuru, your FAQ is fantastic. I think I'm finally getting my ducks in a row to order a Cobra, and this collection of info has really been a big help. One suggestion: item 2.2.8 How does the supercharger work? points to a link with missing graphics, though the text remaining is still very good. This link at Eaton's site: automotive.eaton.com/product/engine_controls/whysuperchargers.html provides very good additional info and illustrations.

Again, thanks for your efforts....

Frank

Thanks Frank :beer: I will definitely put that link in the next version. I have enough info for a Beta release (1.1), but I don't know if I'll have time to work on it over the holidays. One way or another, it should be out before too long, however. :D

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
NetworkingGuru: If you email me the most current version of the FAQ, I can begin the XHTML version ASAP. This will allow us to edit and cross-reference on the fly.

Last edited:

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
I am a information/data weenie, and just want to say that I am very impressed with the way you have collected and organized the material. Wow!

Did you ever talk about how you plan to keep this material maintained as new information about the 2003 SVT Cobra becomes available, or do you not see that as a problem?

Have you had any reaction from the Ford SVT folks? This is the document I was looking for when deciding to buy my car. It just did not exist (at least formally) then.
Great job!
James

vbaz13

Proud Member of
Established Member
Great Job!! All the information you listed is really helpful. I printed a copy as a quick refrence.

How can we keep up with any updates or additions to your site. Thanks for all the work you did.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Originally posted by jhwalker
Did you ever talk about how you plan to keep this material maintained as new information about the 2003 SVT Cobra becomes available, or do you not see that as a problem?

Not a problem as long as we have users who are interested in making comments, suggestions and valid contributions. Users such as yourself =>). If your ideas are incorporated into the FAQ, credit will be given where credit is due.

Originally posted by vbaz13jhwalker
How can we keep up with any updates or additions to your site.

The best way is to visit the '03 Cobra's forum as often as possible. The FAQ is currently still in ALPHA. NetworkingGuru will keep us informed of any new developments. A web-based version is available, but not quite ready for public release.

frank3si

Established Member
CA Emissions

Networking Guru (or anyone else) - I've been reading the Cobra ordering guide :read: and one topic that hasn't made it to the FAQ is the CA Emissions options on page 5 of the guide: Latest Cobra Ordering Guide, 12/16/02

I'm a little confused by this :shrug: Does the emissions aspect only come into play if you select codes 422, 423, 936, or 93N? For example, I live in NJ, listed as a "Cross-Border State" where the California Emissions System is optional. So what is the ordering default? And what does the Emissions System actually do to the Cobra?

Thanks!

Frank

frank3si

Established Member
Whoops, I just found an earlier thread that clears up my question about the CA Emissions, so please ignore that question! :-D But - it would probably be good to include a section about this in the FAQ as it's seemed to have come up a number of times...

Frank

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Your suggestion will be tentatively included in the web-based version. Thanks, Frank.

03DOHC

Established Member
Here's something that you may want to add to the FAQ. It was posted by Wicked393CILX. BTW, I tried it and it worked.

There are 9 steps you need to follow to deactivate or activate your Belt Minder system. Before doing so, make sure that:
The parking brake is set.
The truck/car is in Park (automatic), Neutral (manual).
The ignition is OFF.
All doors are closed.
The driver's safety belt is un-buckled.
The parking and headlights are OFF.
Then follow these 9 steps:

Turn the ignition switch to ON, but DO NOT START.
Wait for the safety belt warning light to go OFF(1-2 minutes).
Steps 3-5 MUST be completed within 60 seconds!

Buckle, then un-buckle the driver's safety belt 3 times, ending with the belt un-buckled.
Turn on the headlights, turn off the headlights.
Buckle, then un-buckle the driver's safety belt 3 times, ending with the belt un-buckled.
After step 5, the Safety Belt Warning Light will be turned on for 3 seconds.

Within 7 seconds of the safety belt warning light turning OFF, buckle then un-buckle the safety belt.
This will disable the Belt Minder if it is currently enabled, or enable the Belt Minder if it is currently disabled.

Confirmation of the disabling of the Belt Minder is provided by flashing the safety belt warning light 4 times per seconds for 3 seconds.
Confirmation of the enabling of the Belt Minder is provided by flashing the safety belt warning light 4 times per seconds for 3 seconds, followed by 3 seconds with the safety belt light off, then followed by flashing the safety belt light 4 times per second for 3 seconds again.
After confirmation, the deactivation/activation of the Belt Minder procedure is complete.

Last edited:

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
Here's something that you may want to add to the FAQ. It was posted by Wicked393CILX. BTW, I tried it and it worked.

There are 9 steps you need to follow to deactivate or activate your Belt Minder system. Before doing so, make sure that:
The parking brake is set.
The truck/car is in Park (automatic), Neutral (manual).
The ignition is OFF.
All doors are closed.
The driver's safety belt is un-buckled.
The parking and headlights are OFF.
Then follow these 9 steps:

Turn the ignition switch to ON, but DO NOT START.
Wait for the safety belt warning light to go OFF(1-2 minutes).
Steps 3-5 MUST be completed within 60 seconds!

Turn on the headlights, turn off the headlights.
After step 5, the Safety Belt Warning Light will be turned on for 3 seconds.

Within 7 seconds of the safety belt warning light turning OFF, buckle then un-buckle the safety belt.
This will disable the Belt Minder if it is currently enabled, or enable the Belt Minder if it is currently disabled.

Confirmation of the disabling of the Belt Minder is provided by flashing the safety belt warning light 4 times per seconds for 3 seconds.
Confirmation of the enabling of the Belt Minder is provided by flashing the safety belt warning light 4 times per seconds for 3 seconds, followed by 3 seconds with the safety belt light off, then followed by flashing the safety belt light 4 times per second for 3 seconds again.
After confirmation, the deactivation/activation of the Belt Minder procedure is complete.

Thanks 03. That's actually in the owner's manual, but I'll add it :beer:

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Why add the entire section? The FAQ should be concrete, yet concise at the same time. I disabled the Belt Minder feature the first day I received the vehicle because I read the manual front to back and back to front. Users should simply be directed to the owner's guide...Or a previously posted thread.

davidmax

Established Member
I would be amazed to just know if 5-20 is the correct lube for the blower oil.Dave S.

beabout

Established Member
Latest issue of FAQ?

I downloaded the FAQ document about month ago, great stuff by the way, is there a later issue out:??:

Users who are viewing this thread