2004 Cobra Gauge cluster not lighting up at Night

lxtasy93

The Wheelman
Established Member
Send it to me I will fix it for you. It's an internal problem it's about to go all out...Send me a PM if intrested.

ABSOLUTELY ! Got the cluster back and the car works perfectly now! :banana:

Fixed the problem and the customer:beer: Nice work and timely shipping back

to us! Highly reccomended service ! :rolling:

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
Bumping this to see if anyone knows why my 03 cluster is lighting up white like an 01 cluster. I have a 2001 Cobra, I swapped a 03 cluster into it. To keep my milage and PATS info, I swapped mother boards from my 01 cluster onto the 03 cluster. Everything works fine (tach, speedo, oil psi, ect) except the lighting. When I turn the dash lights on, there's a little white light around the needles of the gauge, and that's it. It's lighting up like an 01 cluster would. Where's the lighting located on these clusters? I wouldn't think the motherboard of it would have anything to do with the back lighting?

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
Well I've come to the conclusion that my elglow back lighting is bad. Hopefully this guy is still fixing them..sent a PM.

Thanks.

CobradaCableGuy

Established Member
Update !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please send paypal payment To: [email protected] in the amount of $99.00 for standard service or $150 for overnight service same day back shipping!!!!
I am also accepting Money Orders
(PM me for appropriate shipping address)

Please send your cluster with prepaid return shiping service. You can get these at UPS.Turn around time is between 2-3 buisness days. Please send tracking inf. as soon as cluster is shiped to me.

Paypal Address: [email protected]

NOTE***
Please be advised !!! Be sure and place all orders before 2:pm CST for next day expedited return service !!!!

Last edited:

20psirabbit

Established Member
Sent mine in for repair, lit up 3 times upon its return, doesn't light up anytime after that. Also, my speedo and tach don't work smoothly anymore, worked perfect before. There was no refund, just an offer to send it back at my cost for the second time and it could be looked at, although he said he had no way to test it. I should have saved my $100+shipping :(

CobradaCableGuy

Established Member
Sent mine in for repair, lit up 3 times upon its return, doesn't light up anytime after that. Also, my speedo and tach don't work smoothly anymore, worked perfect before. There was no refund, just an offer to send it back at my cost for the second time and it could be looked at, although he said he had no way to test it. I should have saved my $100+shipping :(

Well like I told you the luminescence has nothing to do with the speedometer not working correctly. I have repaired hundreds of clusters from both Cobras and Lightnings with no problems. I told you send it back to me so I could check it out, see what went wrong but you messed around with it before sending to me, you tried to fix it yourself, sorry. I never said I had no way of testing the cluster, I check out every cluster in my car just to verify it's working prior to me sending it off to the customer and try and prevent lies and mishaps just like this one. Like I said send it back to me and I will be glad to work on it.

Last edited:

20psirabbit

Established Member
Lies? No. Mishaps? Yes, but not on my part. I didn't attempt to repair the cluster myself, I wouldn't begin to know where to start with it. As I said before, the gauges worked fine when it came out of the car. Upon it's return they no longer worked. My statements are facts, yours are assumptions. Awesome service

javierrflores

svt
Established Member
mine started to shut off also, seems to turn back on when i dim the lights all the way down, then when i turn the dimmer all the way up it starts to flicker again.

seems to only flicker on and off when car is running, they work fine when engine is off, maybe a loose connection somewhere.

Last edited:

CobradaCableGuy

Established Member
mine started to shut off also, seems to turn back on when i dim the lights all the way down, then when i turn the dimmer all the way up it starts to flicker again.

seems to only flicker on and off when car is running, they work fine when engine is off, maybe a loose connection somewhere.

Yeah maybe something is loose, might wanna check the harness that connects to the cluster and just make sure. If it's still flickering send it off to me so I can check it out. Probably the resistors are overheating and causing it to come on and off, that's how they start... Happy Thanksgiving guys :beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread