FOR SALE: 2004 Mystichrome Cobra Coupe

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
I've been a member of SVT Performance for two decades. I'm listing my 2004 Mystichrome Cobra coupe for serious inquiries. I am the original owner and have meticulously taken care of the car. The car was daily driven for a number of years, but has only attended "Cars and Coffee" events for the last decade. Limited and tasteful mods and 95% of the factory parts are included if the buyer wants to return the car to stock.

This car is fantastic for someone who wants to go to car shows, car meets, and Mustang cruises. It gets attention everywhere it goes.

Location: North Carolina, Charlotte Metro (Only Texas & North Carolina Car)

2004 Ford Mustang Cobra Coupe

Single Owner

Mileage: 88,XXX (mechanical and overall condition is comparable to much lower mile cars)

Original Mystichrome Paint - Excellent condition minus some front rock chips and a few minor paint imperfections on the body, no accidents

Interior is 7/10 with better than average driver seat wear and only moderate fading of the Mystichrome inserts on the steering wheel. Non-smoker. CD player failed and was replaced with a Pioneer touch screen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.

Like new headlights, third brake light, and hood liner

Clean Title & Car Fax

Price: Firm $39,000, no trades, prefer local sale

Serious inquiries only. Additional photos on request.

• Adult Single-Owner Car
  • Clean Title, 88k Miles
  • Original Paint
  • #1296 of a build of 3768
  • 461 RWHP, 468 TQ
  • LFP 2.80" supercharger pulley & Aux Idler
  • JLT CAI painted Mystichrome
  • Magnaflow Catback
  • Tuned by “04Sleeper” from SVT Performance with Xcal 2
  • MGW Shifter with Custom Shift Knob
  • MAFia
  • KB Boost-a-pump
  • Ram Powergrip Clutch
  • H&R Race Springs
  • Ford Racing Diff Cover
  • Maximum Motorsports Diff Bushings
  • Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates
  • Maximum Motorsports Weld in Sub Frame Connectors
  • Dynojet Wideband
  • Autometer Boost Gauge
  • Pioneer 4200NEX Touch Screen Stereo with Apple Carplay/Android Auto
  • 10.5” factory clone rear wheels (and stock wheels)
  • 95% of factory parts still available, including the exhaust system and wheels

Attachments

• IMG_2970.jpg
    IMG_2970.jpg
    377.8 KB · Views: 678
  • IMG_2961.jpg
    IMG_2961.jpg
    328.8 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_2967.jpg
    IMG_2967.jpg
    336.2 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_2976.jpg
    IMG_2976.jpg
    291.1 KB · Views: 198
  • SVT Cobra Build Certificate.jpg
    SVT Cobra Build Certificate.jpg
    439.5 KB · Views: 202
  • 2004 Cobra Window Sticker.jpg
    2004 Cobra Window Sticker.jpg
    506.9 KB · Views: 192
  • DSC02546.JPG
    DSC02546.JPG
    311.9 KB · Views: 196

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member

Attachments

• IMG_2986.jpg
    IMG_2986.jpg
    362.2 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_2982.jpg
    IMG_2982.jpg
    378.6 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_2981.jpg
    IMG_2981.jpg
    352.3 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_2988.jpg
    IMG_2988.jpg
    368.2 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_2984.jpg
    IMG_2984.jpg
    516.5 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_2983.jpg
    IMG_2983.jpg
    432.2 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_2985.jpg
    IMG_2985.jpg
    403.8 KB · Views: 137

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
OP, really nice. Don’t do it, sell that Fox.

I know I will eventually regret selling it, but life happens. The Fox may be next on the market, but it needs some work first unless someone is looking for a project or kit car donor. 351W Sportsman block, TKO 500, built 9” rear with disc brakes. Chassis only has 35,000 miles, notchback. I thought about turning it into an American Iron car, but never got around to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

plumbcrazy

Established Member
They do in todays market but pre Covid I found one with similar mileage for 22k. Still kicking myself for not buying that one.
In real dollars ( not car dollars) what cost us $22k in 2019 now costs us $27k
We’re basically screwed.
All of that aside, it’s obvious the car has been very well cared for. Clean engine bay for any mileage. Nice.
Good luck with sale OP.

poisoned apple

Established Member
Beautiful car!! When I started getting into cars in 2007+ the MC was the holy grail to me. The color shift is just amazing! Today I still LOVE the exterior but the interior for some reason just doesn't appeal to me. I think the dark charcoal seats would've been great in these. Also, I would be too scared to damage something and need to buy paint that I don't want to pay for. Is the market on Mystichrome more than Competition Orange?

HVACdude

Established Member
Beautiful car!! When I started getting into cars in 2007+ the MC was the holy grail to me. The color shift is just amazing! Today I still LOVE the exterior but the interior for some reason just doesn't appeal to me. I think the dark charcoal seats would've been great in these. Also, I would be too scared to damage something and need to buy paint that I don't want to pay for. Is the market on Mystichrome more than Competition Orange?
after owning both in the past 4 years i can confidently say the comp O market is much hotter and the cars sell much faster at a higher premium. i agree with you on the mystichrome interior, as a teenager when seeing it new, it was amazing and really set the car off but as im getting older and with the scarcity of leather available to replace it. i am starting to loath the idea of replacing it versus the black interior on the 04 which isnt as expensive. some of the pros & cons of those two colors can have owners debating for hours LOL.

IA Shelby

Established Member
Good looking Mystichrome Cobra; well cared for. Nice mods. GLWS. There's a buyer out there somewhere. Just be patient.
It will take somebody who can pay cash and not finance. If they can do that, would they spend even more to get a low mileage MC coupe? I suspect they would.

It will take a special kind of buyer to have enough disposable income and not demand significantly lower miles.

That is the reason I sold my mint GTR with 38,000 miles. Many enthusiasts would even consider the car at the premium it deserved simply due to the mileage.

That is not a criticism of the OP’s car. It appears to be in great condition. I just question how many potential buyers fit into this profile. Time will tell.

HVACdude

Established Member
If it was a low mile car I would be all over it. It looks great but for the premium I want a low mileage car. Nothing against this one, I think the owner has done a great job maintaining it, but it’s low mileage pricing without the low mileage.
What kind of “low miles” Mystichrome can be bought for 39k? Judging by the mystichrome fb pages he’s on par for his pricing maybe a tad off but he is the og owner and the maintenance record for the car is unquestionable. I think there’s a guy who’s willing to pay for that piece of mind to have a nice mystichrome. Just my 2 cents tho.

Mystic Maniac

Established Member
I had a chance to buy a 17k mile vert for 40k last May. Guy ended up selling it to dealer and they sold it for 50k in about a week.

I know coupes are more desirable, but just to give some context.
I agree that it is a nice well taken care of example, but not sure market is there at asking price with what is generally considered high mileage.
No investment value, so this one is for the enthusiast.
I like it. But l don't 39K like it.

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
Any close up photos of the rock chips and paint blemishes mentioned?

The rock chips are hard to capture on an iPhone. I attempted to make a video, but the maximum size was exceeded. I will consider making a full video walk around the car and posting it on YouTube.

Close-up photos make these blemishes look about 10 times worse than they are. I am trying to fairly represent the condition of the car with all of the blemishes that I can see.

Approximately 8 small rock chips on the hood/front are down to the primer. One scratch on the low right side mirror in the paint ~1" long, one chip to the primer with a 1/2" scratch in the paint on the driver door, and one 1 1/4" scratch in the paint on the top of the bumper.

Polishing may reduce the scratches. I have Mystichrome touch-up paint, but the bottles are 10+ years old, and I have not used them on the chips. I'll leave it up to the new owner to address them if they want to.

Attachments

• IMG_2997.jpg
    IMG_2997.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_3001.jpg
    IMG_3001.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_3002.jpg
    IMG_3002.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_2995.jpg
    IMG_2995.jpg