2004 Mystichrome Cobra Info

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
That's funny. I ran across that one the other day and found myself seriously considering selling the RS and getting another Cobra. lol I'm not a convertible guy, but that's a pretty decent price.

Looks pretty close to stock to me aside from 1/2 an intake, the cat-back, and wider rear wheels. I believe that's the FR500 cat-back too which has a bit of a following since it's no longer available. Blower pulley looks gigantic which isn't a bad thing. Only thing I noticed is that the underside seems a little rusty to me. Looks like it did some sitting over moisture (ie parked over dirt or grass) or saw some winter duty. Mine's a year older with more miles and doesn't have half the corrosion. Someone with a more critical eye will chime in I'm sure.

q6543

Established Member
I bet it's a salvage/rebuilt title car

My guess is they lie until you show up and mention a teeny tiny accident.. airbags didn't even go off... BARELY even scratched the paint... but the stupid insurance company salvaged it.

03SVT10

Established Member
Carfax is included. That is quite a bit of corrosion on the underside. Looks to be all surface but still...not worth the asking price IMHO because of that. If you don't care or will detail the underside yourself then go for it if the rest of the car is in order.

ITSTOCK

Established Member
This keeps coming up for sale with questions, and they had a roughly 10k mile one as well at the same time. BOTH of them show signs of major water intrusion, and when I informed them of it and my concerns (I was going to buy the lower mileage one), they told me that all of the rust in the engine bay was completely normal for these cars and there was no way that there was water damage.

I'd be majorly skeptical of that car.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Driver’s seat and steering wheel look to be in decent condition for the mileage. This is a good thing since Mystichrome leather is simply not available. The engine mods hurt the price though.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
did the dealer really put a sticker of the car number on the bumper

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Is that a blemish (indentation) on the rear passenger side rear seat cushion? Almost looks like something like a pen almost pushed through the leather.
??

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Is that a blemish (indentation) on the rear passenger side rear seat cushion? Almost looks like something like a pen almost pushed through the leather.
??

I noticed that too, Bob. My first reaction was cigarette burn. I pictured a previous owner bee-bopping around town with the top down, flicking their butt (cig butt, that is), and not realizing that it dropped on the back seat.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
Where’s the under neath footage, I must be blind lol. I just wanna see how bad it is .

plumbcrazy

Established Member
That's funny. I ran across that one the other day and found myself seriously considering selling the RS and getting another Cobra. lol I'm not a convertible guy, but that's a pretty decent price.

Looks pretty close to stock to me aside from 1/2 an intake, the cat-back, and wider rear wheels. I believe that's the FR500 cat-back too which has a bit of a following since it's no longer available. Blower pulley looks gigantic which isn't a bad thing. Only thing I noticed is that the underside seems a little rusty to me. Looks like it did some sitting over moisture (ie parked over dirt or grass) or saw some winter duty. Mine's a year older with more miles and doesn't have half the corrosion. Someone with a more critical eye will chime in I'm sure.
This car's been for sale a long time( like so many other Terminators that are priced too high

This car's been for sale a long time ( as are so many other Terminators that are overpriced). A clean undercarriage is a hard thing to recapture and when I was looking( for a year before buying in Sept.'19, I saw some nice 30-40k mileage cars that had been outside under a cover on the driveway, etc..
They just looked bad. I couldn't even factor in the countless hours of cleaning and parts to restore to" decent " it would've taken to get the car sorted. Such a shame.
My car with 80k + miles looks like a car with 20-30k underneath because It's seen very little wet road driving and has almost always ( presumably- but it looks like) always or mostly always been garaged.
That makes a Yuuuge difference in the value of a car IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread