2006 Corvette Z06 | Retro Review

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My son-in-law loved his C6 Z06. I got to drive it and was very impressed. It didn't have the brutal grunt of my old '03 Cobra (making 504whp then), but was so smooth all around. An awesome high performance car for sure.

ArabianOak

Established Member
great car that is let down with its terrible head issues. people also forget how insane of gas mileage these cars got...mine would get 28mpg on the highway all the time. just nutty considering the power.

and here's the real kicker...65K msrp. It's dame near 100k more today...now that's inflation! lololololol.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
this is why I own one of these

I like how they were marketing it in the video to be an affordable alternative to European sports cars but in reality these were selling for over 100K

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Yes please. I would sale the terminator for C6 Z06.
You can have both! I'm proof that it can be done. lol

My son-in-law loved his C6 Z06. I got to drive it and was very impressed. It didn't have the brutal grunt of my old '03 Cobra (making 504whp then), but was so smooth all around. An awesome high performance car for sure.
You're absolutely right, Bob. Very different power delivery from two very different cars. Cobra puckers your b-hole with screaming tires and blower whereas the Z06 is very smooth and almost sneaky about it. I think the fact that the Z goes 70 in first gear plays a big part in it; one shift and you're kissing 80-90mph already. Mine is pretty much stock though so once my bank account recovers and I start modding, I'm sure it'll become more of an "event" doing quick rips here and there.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You can have both! I'm proof that it can be done. lol

You're absolutely right, Bob. Very different power delivery from two very different cars. Cobra puckers your b-hole with screaming tires and blower whereas the Z06 is very smooth and almost sneaky about it. I think the fact that the Z goes 70 in first gear plays a big part in it; one shift and you're kissing 80-90mph already. Mine is pretty much stock though so once my bank account recovers and I start modding, I'm sure it'll become more of an "event" doing quick rips here and there.
You described exactly my personal feelings when I drove my son-in-laws C6 Z06. To a tee.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
:p

dragon.jpg

Love mine.

U.M.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
While i really want to add another 03/04, a C6Z is a bucket list car for me. Hopefully in the next couple of years.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I feel like the c5z is an absolute bargain at the moment.
I had reached the same conclusion and actually come close to getting one, but deals fell through and/or they sold before I could travel to get them. Then this higher mileage C6Z came along for a few grand more than I had just offered on a mint C5Z and it was only 90min from home. Took it as a sign. lol Got what I really wanted and didn't have to spend $35k+ to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread