2008 , 09,s V 2010 Shelbys

ESPN8

Established Member
Is it just me or do the earlier 08,s and 09,s seem to respond better to Power Mods than the 2010,s ?
Just looking at some of the power increases reported for something as simple as CIA on the earlier ones verses the new ones is quite a difference , combine that with Pulley and tune and its really getting there .
Is there a " Magic Key " that no-one has found yet for 2010,s ?

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member
I think both will peak around 550whp with the same mods (pulley/cai). Its the same engine so.....
Just not as much to gain since the car is already tuned up a bit from the factory.

Superfly99

Stang Freak
Established Member
I agree, it already comes with a cold air intake. Just not a great one. Probably the tune is more aggressive also. I can't see them making more power than 07-09 when given the same mods.

whitecobra2387

Established Member
I agree, Ive seen a couple threads of 2010 with mods and their dynos number and im getting a little worried. Maybe the Knock sensors instead helping tunner's get more aggresive with tunes are actualy reducing HP??? I sure hope its not the case because I have 2010 on order.

ESPN8

Established Member
I agree, Ive seen a couple threads of 2010 with mods and their dynos number and im getting a little worried. Maybe the Knock sensors instead helping tunner's get more aggresive with tunes are actualy reducing HP??? I sure hope its not the case because I have 2010 on order.
Don,t get me wrong . I just traded my 97 Cobra on the 2010 .I had that car from day one and did lots of mods to it .
The 2010 Is by far a better car in my opinion , its just when you read some manufacturers claims for a CAI and pulley on a 08 or 09 , 110 rwhp extra , i was told on the 2010,s it theres only a possible 30 or 40 rwhp extra to be had doing the same mods , unless someone can chime in and tell what it takes to hit 550 , 600 rwhp in the new ones .

SlowSVT

Established Member
Don,t get me wrong . I just traded my 97 Cobra on the 2010 .I had that car from day one and did lots of mods to it .
The 2010 Is by far a better car in my opinion , its just when you read some manufacturers claims for a CAI and pulley on a 08 or 09 , 110 rwhp extra , i was told on the 2010,s it theres only a possible 30 or 40 rwhp extra to be had doing the same mods , unless someone can chime in and tell what it takes to hit 550 , 600 rwhp in the new ones .

With equal mods 30 - 40 "RWHP" over an 08 - 09 is a huge spread. That would require a drastic change in the engine hardware to accomplish that.

that claim sounds like it came from a 2010 owner :rollseyes

Last edited:

tktlwyr

Established Member
With equal mods 30 - 40 "RWHP" over an 08 - 09 is a huge spread. That would require a drastic change in the engine hardware to accomplish that.

that claim sounds like it came from a 2010 owner :rollseyes

I believe he meant that the same initial mods on a 2010 would result in a 30-40 horsepower gain over a stock 2010, whereas, those mods would result in a larger gain in an '07-'09. The net result would put them near even in the RWHP department.

Last edited:

que4dog

Established Member
I agree with all the above. What is throwing everyone off is Ford claiming the 2010 has 40 more hp. It does but it really doesn't because those of you that would have put a tune & cai on the car the 40 hp means nothing because you would have more than that 40hp and basically the same gain if Ford left the tune & cai the same.

ESPN8

Established Member
I believe he meant that the same initial mods on a 2010 would result in a 30-40 horsepower gain over a stock 2010, whereas, those mods would result in a larger gain in an '07-'09. The net result would put them near even in the RWHP department.
Yup , thats correct . I guess by reading the other responces , maybe the extra 40 hp Ford gave us does account for the extra HP the 08,s and 9,s are picking up .

ZXMustang

Banned
Why would they NOT be the same rwhp? Same engines but one has knock sensors. Take that frpp cai and tune off, then put on a JLT cai, 2.6 pulley and tune and it should make the same hp as a 07-09. They didnt change anything accept the cai and tune/.

BADSEED

Established Member
Is it just me or do the earlier 08,s and 09,s seem to respond better to Power Mods than the 2010,s ?
Just looking at some of the power increases reported for something as simple as CIA on the earlier ones verses the new ones is quite a difference , combine that with Pulley and tune and its really getting there .
Is there a " Magic Key " that no-one has found yet for 2010,s ?

i thought the 2010 motor was the same as the 07-09 except for the knock sensors and the 2010 just come with CAI and a better tune

Users who are viewing this thread