2008 Summer Thunder Cruise, Saturday, August 2nd.

TeddyKGB

Drunk on Power
Established Member
Just to recap, since I have had 2-3 people PM me about meeting spots and cruising plans.

The SE PA and MD guys are meeting up at the Safeway in Hillendale/Silver Spring MD right off 95 and then cruising together down to either Tysons to meet up with some the VA folks from Arlington, Alexandria and Fairfax or cruising straight out to the high school in Purcellville.

Google Map of the Safeway (MD guys confirm this please) - http://maps.google.com/maps?q=10101+New+Hampshire+Ave&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF-8&z=16&iwloc=addr

Google Map of the fHS in Purcellville - http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...&cd=1&geocode=0,39.141519,-77.702084&t=h&z=16

I don't know of any meeting spot for the VA guys other than in Purcellville. There has been a little bit of talk for some to meet in Tysons and the cruise out but I don't know if that has been confirmed. I was planning on just meeting up at the HS but I'd be willing to head out for a short cruise before hand.

Last edited:

qwikhuh

Established Member
I am going to head right to the high school. We should be there around 1:30 or so. I figure plan on being early so we don't miss the group.

donpablo

Established Member
Just finished 5+ hours of wash, clay, wax, exhaust tip shining, engine bay cleanin', carpet sucking and trying out the Mother's Power Ball on the new TFs. I'm whooped. It better not even think about friggin' raining tomorrow.

DP

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
Hey, I am whooped too, and the COBRA is still dirty.

What say you guys if I were to bring the Lightning to the Thunder cruise :dw:

Where there is Thunder, there is Lightning :dancenana::dancenana:

And the the L is clean so I am good to go.

Plus, there will be plenty of terms there, prolly not as many as L's.

Please advise...

Ken

:beer::beer:

qwikhuh

Established Member
Yep it figures. I am FINALLY free to go to an MACA event and there are calling for 70-80% chance of rain and thunderstorms up here!!

TeddyKGB

Drunk on Power
Established Member
Only a 30% chace down here! Just leave early enough to wipe it down when you get here!

TeddyKGB

Drunk on Power
Established Member
Hey, I am whooped too, and the COBRA is still dirty.

What say you guys if I were to bring the Lightning to the Thunder cruise :dw:

Where there is Thunder, there is Lightning :dancenana::dancenana:

And the the L is clean so I am good to go.

Plus, there will be plenty of terms there, prolly not as many as L's.

Please advise...

Ken

go for it!

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
For any of you MD guys that happens to check this in the morning, I'll be at Hillandale in the Jeep around noon so hopefully I can just ride shotgun with someone on this. See you all in the morning and praying for no rain!

MaCaNs

Filth, Flarn, Filth
Established Member
Well, it rained during the night obviously, but the sun is peeking out here in Bmore at 8am. I just looked at the radar near Leesburg, and it looks like one more small line of rain storms in the next hour or two then we are in the clear.

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
I'm out. Taking my diabetic pup in for tests. If anyone is running late and wants to roll out at 2:00 give me a buzz. I would still be up for that. 240-478-7334

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
I'm out. Taking my diabetic pup in for tests. If anyone is running late and wants to roll out at 2:00 give me a buzz. I would still be up for that. 240-478-7334

Hey Scott, the event does not start until 3, so don't think you will miss much at all. Should be a good ride out, I live 20-25 north of the event and the rain is gone and streets are dry.

To all, Ron had a personnal issue arise and will not be joining us, unfortuneate because he was really looking forward to it. I will be the POC for the HS and lead us to the event.

Call me if you need to.

Ken 304-266-4621

Last edited:

TeddyKGB

Drunk on Power
Established Member
Thats sucks ROn wont be able to make it but I am sure we will still have agood time. The rain has stopped here but the sun hasnt peeked its head out yet to dry things up. Hopefully it will soon.

MaCaNs

Filth, Flarn, Filth
Established Member
streets are dry here, i heading out at 10:30 to go to Hillemdale, sucks I didn't get a chance to wash/wax the ride this morning

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
Blue sky is here, will see you folks at the HS. Be careful and know the sun is coming your way, gonna be a great afternoon.

Ken

Users who are viewing this thread