2009 GTR: 0-60 3.3 seconds

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
I personally like the GT-R, but I don't think it's on the same level as a Z06, (as far as straight-line performance is concerned at least), both modded or stock. There are people running low 10s@138-140mph+ in C6Z06s with a small shot of gas, mild cam and simple bolt-ons. I just don't see a 3800lb, turbo'd V6 pulling off those kind of numbers with the same amount of coin invested into it.

not only will it do that...and more, it will do it without going INTO the motor

G. El Dorado

Established Member
Ass...Handed? Slight exaggeration even if it wins.

The GT-R is a better car...:burnout:

BTW I'm looking to buy a C5 coupe, I love vettes but I know the facts. lol

Not an exageration at all. They have a trap difference of 5-7mph. That will make for an ass handing in a roll race, I don't care what cars we're talking about.

Better car? That's subjective.

Personally I don't really care for either of them. 84+ Corvettes look boring to me and the GT-R looks like it was designed by the same people that did the Aztec. Great drivetrain donors though.

MetikalSVT

Not A Rookie
Established Member
Not an exageration at all. They have a trap difference of 5-7mph. That will make for an ass handing in a roll race, I don't care what cars we're talking about.

Better car? That's subjective.

Personally I don't really care for either of them. 84+ Corvettes look boring to me and the GT-R looks like it was designed by the same people that did the Aztec. Great drivetrain donors though.

The GTR has no donor for its drivetrain, everything is made specifically for the car. The engine is hand builit although I believe the LS7 is too.

Just the gearing (and tranny) itself will make a race from a roll closer than you think.

The weight isnt as big an issue as with say a terminator. Because it has been strategically placed to make the car perform better.

Last edited:

Bankstitan

Pwns F150s daily
Established Member
That GTR is one sick car....im a huge fan of the c6 zo6, but def like the GTR. teh ZR1 IMO looks ugly..i would rather get a zo6 then zr1..but thats me

scn

Established Member
The GTR has no donor for its drivetrain, everything is made specifically for the car. The engine is hand builit although I believe the LS7 is too.

Just the gearing (and tranny) itself will make a race from a roll closer than you think.

The weight isnt as big an issue as with say a terminator. Because it has been strategically placed to make the car perform better.

There is no such thing as stratigically placed weight in an all out roll race. If there is more weight to pull around, it will hurt performance no matter how you look at it.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
The GT-R will beat the Z06 in nearly every performance category.

You guys hating on the TTV6 arent realzing how efficiently its using its power.

Z06-470lb-ft@ 4000rpm
GT-R- 443 @1700-4500rpm

Even from a roll the GT-R will win.
It has the factory power specs at 4 wheels ALL THE TIME! Through the most efficient dual-clutch(not sequential) gearbox on the road today.
With the most advance all wheel drive. I love the Z06 but this car is the best no matter what.

The GT-R does have an impressive torque curve, (kinda like the new 3 series with it's 'double vanos technology') but I doubt it will make the same horsepower under the curve as a Z06 with an N/A 427. Especially when mods come into play, a big turbo(s) 3.5L V6 will not make anywhere close to the amount of power under the curve as say a H/C/I/Spray 427 or turbo 427.

Also, to say the GT-R will win from a roll against a car that is 700lbs lighter producing likely the same amount of power makes no sense. Weight is the enemy of acceleration.. You can watch videos of a 1000hp Veyron with amazing aerodynamics, AWD system and torque curve get eaten alive by 1000hp cars that are much lighter. It's just pyshics, the GT-R isn't a rule to the exception.

BTW, it is a twin clutch electronically controlled SEQUENTIAL transmission. When a car comes standard with paddle shifters it doesn't use a traditional manual. :poke:

http://forums.gtrforums.com/vbarticles.php?do=article&articleid=23

If there is more weight to pull around, it will hurt performance no matter how you look at it.

^^

not only will it do that...and more, it will do it without going INTO the motor

The motor might be strong, but how much more power will it have to produce to overcome the 700lb weight disadvantage to pull off 140mph+ traps? What about the AWD drivetrain, how reliable will it be with those electronically controlled launches when it's climbing 800hp+? What about the sequential transmission? I think you're comparing it to a modified R33 or R34, the engine is nothing like the inline Rb26, the electronic transmission is completely different, and it weighs over 600lbs more.

Last edited:

yoda

Boost Lee Roy
Established Member
The AWD system is nothing like the previous R3X which utilizes a mostly conventional RWD gearbox, (unlike the R35 which is all time AWD like the EVO and STI, read more about it

The r35 is not full time AWD,it is primarly rwd like the prevous models.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
The r35 is not full time AWD,it is primarly rwd like the prevous models.

I was just going to go back and edit my post, it uses the ATTESA-ETS. My bad..:beer: It still does have a few differences and features, (mostly electronic).

Last edited:

BADBOLT02

Established Member
Regardless of what American Muscle I'm riding in at the time, I wouldnt want to see that tuner car pull up next to me. especially if they guy actually knows how to drive the damn thing. Madness!

JDsfastGN

Established Member
there are some stupid riceyboy posters in here. 120-121 traps vs 124-127 is a pretty big difference. The only way the GTR stands a chance is if the Z driver can't drive worth a crap. From a stop on a crappy street the Z probably won't get past the GTR until 1000-1200 ft, after that its gonna pull pretty good. The GTR is a badass car but its not gonna be running down Zs from a roll in stock form.

DouBLeJ16

Roadkill Lurker
Established Member
Let's not forget that the GT-R was recently put on a dyno. If I remember correctly it put down 475AWHP on a dynapack. So assuming 15% drivetrain loss the GT-R is making @ 550 flywheel HP.
Here's the link to the old article: http://www.autoblog.com/2007/12/14/nissan-gt-r-dynoed-at-475-hp-428-lb-ft-of-torque/

In this "dyno test" they removed the stock 20" wheels and tires from the car.. Making the numbers seem much better than they should be..

I do still believe it's underrated (judging by the trap speed) but I really really doubt it'll be putting down 480awhp

Users who are viewing this thread