2009 GTR: 0-60 3.3 seconds

Starfox07

Formerly XR4turbo
Established Member
Proven by forum members. I rather go by Edmunds or MT, etc until the GT-R gets into peoples hands.

And Edmunds even said the surface they ran on was less than ideal conditions and dusty. Quit making up excuses.

:shrug:

I've seen 3 different bone stock Z06's run at the Texas Motorplex. 2 black and one silver, and I talked to the owners too.

Are you agreeing with me or arguing with me?

mustangbee

Established Member
the Z06 and the GTR are gonna be very close in everything, but the Zo6 will pull the nissan in probably every gear but 1st. the advatnage of the GTR is it will be an everyday supercar, rain, snow whatever-if thats what you choose. i think the Z will win in overall performance, but the GTR looks to be a better all round car imo. i also look for it to dyno MUCH higher than expected

i really hope we're past any stock ZR-1 vs. GTR debates, if you can read and understand math to any degree that is. The ZR-1 will not be compared to the GTR in performance by intelligent lifeforms. fanboys and videogamers, possibly....

Detroit_Doc

Established Member
GTR FTMFW period!

Stock for stock on the street this car will eat a Z06. AWD rules the street. Stop light to stop light the Z06 doesn't stand a chance in hell.

Modified for modified this car will MURDER a Z06. These things will be running around daily driver dependable putting down 1,000 horsepower and making it stick all day long.

Starfox07

Formerly XR4turbo
Established Member
I really hate to go back on my ricer comment i made a while back about not ever wanting to own one.. but damn after driving the cobra for a few years the fun it is in the rain *rolls eyes..

ya i know i really need a driver mod but ya i'd like to see u guys try to race a modified cobra in the rain go ahead i'll see u in the ditch that nissan would fly in the rain..

:dw: Who races in the rain? Street, dragstrip, auto-x, road course, thats just stupid.

im looking at it as a daily driver perspective here... i know its EASILY possible to mod a cobra like ours and get way better #'s ive seen it done i love my car more then life itself (yes i like it that much) if you asked me when it came out what my dream car was i would tell you the 03 cobra..

i think you guys should look at this without bias because my bias was against the skyline before i even started i just dont like those jap cars they sound like ass... if i was rich enough i'd have the gt-r as daily and a modified 03 cobra as a sunny day car to go crazy with or take to the track.

i'm just impressed they are running these #'s stock and if you've seen the modified old ones #'s they are pretty impressive this engine has to have more in it you know.. anything that beats a porsche 911 twin turbo makes me cream in my pants.. period.. sorry guys i gotta side with the gt-r on this one but i still make love to my cobras tail pipes nightly

I don't get why everyones gotta put down a supercar like this.. its impressive just admit it heck. ya it runs 11's factory and it'll prolly run close to that in the rain too try that in a rwd car lol..i'm not saying its not overpriced.. **** ya it is its a nissan for christ sake.. its a v6...the only reason its so fast is because its a twin turbo factory... but damn im just glad we got some competition.

Oh by the way i cant wait to see what the factory supercharged vettes run when they come out. I know its gonna stomp it in the 1/4 mile but what about on the track?! I highly doubt that one!! Good luck chevy your gonna need it. I hope it stomps it though it would be nice the better the cars keep getting the better they all will get and thats better for us all, atleast last time i checked. :D

Rumor has it the ZR1 will be able to lap the 'ring in less than 7:30. Goodbye Nissan.

And ya I agree with the guy saying the gt-r should be compared to the z06 the prices are close. So if you did that the gt-r beats it in the 1/4 mile and will run circles around it on the track. Don't give me that dealer markup shit anyone with a brain will wait and buy one once they are done with that bull. I think the car is worth a little more even if it ran the same 1/4 as the z06 just because of the exclusivity.. i bet you will see more z06's running around then skylines anyday...although i hope im wrong i can't wait to see one of these in person lol!!

:dw: Even if the GT-R's times were not inflated around the Nurburgring, its just a few seconds faster than the Z06, which is TINY on the Nurburgring, considering the lap times are near 8 minutes.

anyways just my 2 cents, take it how you want to hopefully positively..i'm really just trying to get some more comments on this car going to see what people who are more educated in cars have to say i'm beyond far from a expert on the subject and unlike others who aren't i don't claim to be.:shrug:

Last edited:

mustangbee

Established Member
I work for nissan and im pretty damn sure they dont break much. ...

i'm all about supporting American automakers too, but there comes a point when we need to face the fact that nissan isnt playing games anymore. this heavy a$$ pig will soon be stomping cobras and vettes at a local US hwy near you-stay "tuned" ....b/c your gonna need it:nonono:

i love how some you guys find comfort and hope in the idea that once modding starts on the GTR it will trigger a nuclear meltdown of the country of Japan and all GTRs will instantly explode....:lol1:

whatever makes you feel better, but when the lock is picked on that TT its not gonna be pretty..

give me the option of a Zo6 vs. GTR. ill take Z hands down, but i dont understand the hate towards the GTR, looks like a great car:shrug:

mustangbee

Established Member
GTR FTMFW period!

Stock for stock on the street this car will eat a Z06. AWD rules the street. .

i actually prefer dig myself. where do race? actually, a large % of races take place from a roll on the street.

both stock? roll race? Zo6. i really hope you dont disagree with that logic. you do understand trap speeds, right? 4-8mph difference is pretty dominate in the Zs favor

dig? GTR.

modded? GTR.

Last edited:

thug9cole

Established Member
well

who races in the rain? lol u ever seen speed tv and watched the races? Hell ive seen formula cars race in the rain.

Yellow98SVT

T-trim, bitches
Established Member
Say what you want about that car...the only mod that thing will need is a Boost Controller to put it in the 2.9x's 0-60. On the other hand...if you lose your GT-R badge you can buy a new one for $5.99 at Advanced Auto.

Jroc

Established Member
Modified for modified this car will MURDER a Z06. These things will be running around daily driver dependable putting down 1,000 horsepower and making it stick all day long.

I couldn't disagree more. Do you know how hard it is to beat modded LSX powered car, especially in C6Z form? The GTR better have 1000 HP to hang with a modded Z. Just like people say Cobras and GT500's need x amount more power to run with a Z because of their weight among other things. Yes, but the same is going to apply with the GTR, its heavy, I'm not saying its a bad car, but it has to work harder to accelerate.

Also I don't know of to many 1000 HP DD, especially with only 3.5 liters. I'm no expert engine builder, but I honestly don't think its going to be as mod friendly as the old RB26 as I'm pretty sure inline engines handle high boost levels better than V type motors do. There are not to many Cobras running 30+ psi like Evo's and supra's do.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Also I don't know of to many 1000 HP DD, especially with only 3.5 liters. I'm no expert engine builder, but I honestly don't think its going to be as mod friendly as the old RB26 as I'm pretty sure inline engines handle high boost levels better than V type motors do.

I agree, it's nothing like the old inline RB26 that could rev to 9,500rpms+ reliabily. Also, it has a sequential transmission; even aftermarket sequential transmissions are typically only rated to handle 600 ft/lbs of torque. + Hard launches in a high hp AWD 3800lb car will put tons of stress on everything.

I personally like the GT-R, but I don't think it's on the same level as a Z06, (as far as straight-line performance is concerned at least), both modded or stock. There are people running low 10s@138-140mph+ in C6Z06s with a small shot of gas, mild cam and simple bolt-ons. I just don't see a 3800lb, turbo'd V6 pulling off those kind of numbers with the same amount of coin invested into it.

Last edited:

Boosted97

I wish I had a Cobra
Established Member
the Z06 and the GTR are gonna be very close in everything, but the Zo6 will pull the nissan in probably every gear but 1st. the advatnage of the GTR is it will be an everyday supercar, rain, snow whatever-if thats what you choose. i think the Z will win in overall performance, but the GTR looks to be a better all round car imo. i also look for it to dyno MUCH higher than expected

i really hope we're past any stock ZR-1 vs. GTR debates, if you can read and understand math to any degree that is. The ZR-1 will not be compared to the GTR in performance by intelligent lifeforms. fanboys and videogamers, possibly....

best post in this thread. :beer:

queenofhearts

Established Member
Let's not forget that the GT-R was recently put on a dyno. If I remember correctly it put down 475AWHP on a dynapack. So assuming 15% drivetrain loss the GT-R is making @ 550 flywheel HP.
Here's the link to the old article: http://www.autoblog.com/2007/12/14/nissan-gt-r-dynoed-at-475-hp-428-lb-ft-of-torque/

That's not 475AWHP, it's 475hp. And why is it being compared to the ZR1? Not even in the same class. You would have to be retarded to pick the GT-R over the ZR1 if you could only have one IMO. But what if you like driving your toys as often as possible and you have 2 little kids to stuff in the back or 2 petitie Asian girlfriends? Then I would pick it over the Zo6 and the GT500. Let the AEM stand alone come out and the light manual track model that will be cheaper and I would honestly buy one if the markup went away like it did in the Z06 and the GT500. Remember the $100k GT500's and Z06's in California? Also for the folks saying you can drive this car in the snow or cold wet wetaher, forget about it. The tires it comes with are hardcore and the closest thing to R compounds on a production car.I guess you could rock it in the snow with snow tires like a giant evo.

Last edited:

Starfox07

Formerly XR4turbo
Established Member
who races in the rain? lol u ever seen speed tv and watched the races? Hell ive seen formula cars race in the rain.

Your insinuation was clearly street racing, whether or not you meant it that way I have no idea. And yes professionals race in the rain, but they are paid to do so, I dont understand why an unpaid amateur would even think about it. Even with awd it is ridiculously dangerous.

Last edited:

MetikalSVT

Not A Rookie
Established Member
The GT-R will beat the Z06 in nearly every performance category.

You guys hating on the TTV6 arent realzing how efficiently its using its power.

Z06-470lb-ft@ 4000rpm
GT-R- 443 @1700-4500rpm

Even from a roll the GT-R will win.
It has the factory power specs at 4 wheels ALL THE TIME! Through the most efficient dual-clutch(not sequential) gearbox on the road today.
With the most advance all wheel drive. I love the Z06 but this car is the best no matter what.

Not to mention it has the best aerodynamics of the two, .27 drag coeffient.

Thats prius slippery yet produces downforce at high speed, increasing the already ridiculous stability.

Then there is the driveablilty...:rollseyes

MetikalSVT

Not A Rookie
Established Member
Ass...Handed? Slight exaggeration even if it wins.

The GT-R is a better car...:burnout:

BTW I'm looking to buy a C5 coupe, I love vettes but I know the facts. lol

Last edited:

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
I personally like the GT-R, but I don't think it's on the same level as a Z06, (as far as straight-line performance is concerned at least), both modded or stock. There are people running low 10s@138-140mph+ in C6Z06s with a small shot of gas, mild cam and simple bolt-ons. I just don't see a 3800lb, turbo'd V6 pulling off those kind of numbers with the same amount of coin invested into it.

:sleeping:

Users who are viewing this thread