2009 GTR: 0-60 3.3 seconds

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
The shop my friend works at already has one ordered, they're a big Skyline tuner on the west coast. I asked him what he expected out of it and he didn't make it sound like the motor was going to be as capable as the RB26. I think they're gonna be shooting for somewhere around 700-800hp in theirs.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'd still take the ZR1 over this. I'd also take a Z06 over this. :)

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
You're also assuming the ZR-1 won't have a huge markup when it's released.

ding ding ding ding........we have a winner.........GM needs the money more than Nissan does, GM dealers for sure will have a "*** u" charge.....:beer:

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
methinks the U.S. needs an AWD supercar. 600+hp with rear drive is useless on the street. It will take a VERY GOOD driver to achieve a 3.3 0-60 in a Zr1.

Stevenbekah

Cobra bitten
Established Member
Dang, that's impressive as hell! 11.6 1/4 and 60-0 in 104 ft. Wow! When the tuners better understand how to unlock the boost programs on this thing then it's FTW!! Right now I'm bettin' the ZR-1 will JUST slightly fall behind it...mainly because this car has AWD and the traction control programs.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
ding ding ding ding........we have a winner.........GM needs the money more than Nissan does, GM dealers for sure will have a "*** u" charge.....:beer:

You do realize that not a penny of dealer markup goes to the parent company?

As for the car, impressive times. This will be nearly impossible to beat on the street from a dig. It's just ugly.

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
I'd consider its straight line performance equal to that of a pullied cobra on slicks. Leaves the hole very hard, and traps around 119 MPH. Pretty good (although not earth shattering) for a stock car. I would like to see how it does modded. I heard they may not be as easy/cheap to mod as would be expected.

GTO30272

Established Member
Dang, that's impressive as hell! 11.6 1/4 and 60-0 in 104 ft. Wow! When the tuners better understand how to unlock the boost programs on this thing then it's FTW!! Right now I'm bettin' the ZR-1 will JUST slightly fall behind it...mainly because this car has AWD and the traction control programs.

ZR-1 slightly behind it? Are you smoking crack? The GTR should be compared to the Z06, not the ZR1. The Z06 has a good 5mph+ on the GTR and with a good tire, will be right with it from a dig, not to mention the slaughter it will put down from a roll. The ZR1 and the '08 Viper are just not in the GTR's league, plain and simple. On a road course, again a Z06 with a tire will be just as fast, if not faster than the GTR. That is the comparison to make, NOT the ZR1 as it will be VERY ugly for the GTR. This has to be the most OVER-HYPED car I have ever seen. I realize the Skyline has a huge following, but this is just ridiculous. We have 130+mph trap cars coming out in the ZR1 and the '08 Viper, and everyone is talking about this GTR like it is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Bottom line, the ZR1 WILL walk this car in ANY type of race, period. On the street, MANY cars with a tire will give the GTR a very hard time.

SVTBMG

Banned
What he said!!:rockon:

X 1 gabillion:beer:

Also it is an ugly car. the ZO6 and ZR-1 are still better cars all around. The ZO6 can still out perform it in the 1/4 on stock tires with a decent driver. The Z pulls 123+mph in the 1/4, and is lighter and will out handle the GTR on a road course. I dont care about the AWD. I have seen the video of it and it undesteers like a mofo. The Z's would just drive right around it.

The GTR will be a car that people will be getting high HP from with just boost and exhaust mods for sure, but then it will over power the AWD and traction control without really good tires. Then there is the 3800+lbs it weighs which is a big problem going up against Z's.

Last edited:

Jroc

Established Member
ZR-1 slightly behind it? Are you smoking crack? The GTR should be compared to the Z06, not the ZR1. The Z06 has a good 5mph+ on the GTR and with a good tire, will be right with it from a dig, not to mention the slaughter it will put down from a roll. The ZR1 and the '08 Viper are just not in the GTR's league, plain and simple. On a road course, again a Z06 with a tire will be just as fast, if not faster than the GTR. That is the comparison to make, NOT the ZR1 as it will be VERY ugly for the GTR. This has to be the most OVER-HYPED car I have ever seen. I realize the Skyline has a huge following, but this is just ridiculous. We have 130+mph trap cars coming out in the ZR1 and the '08 Viper, and everyone is talking about this GTR like it is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Bottom line, the ZR1 WILL walk this car in ANY type of race, period. On the street, MANY cars with a tire will give the GTR a very hard time.

x2.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure that the GTR is a very badarse car, but it not the highest performance car in the world. The way everyone bashes the GT500 for its weight and talks about how its so much slower and outclassed it is when compared to a C6Z why would this be any different as the GTR has slighty less weight and HP when compared to a GT500. For how fast it is able to get off the line I don't think that a 11.6 is all that great when compared to some of the other highend cars sold today. From my understanding people have run 10's with stock C6Z's with factory run flats. What kind of tires is the GTR running, I imagen their better performance tires than the stock Z's run flats. I would think that improving much on the GTR's times would be hard without adding power as it seems that most of the work is done by the car, just bring the motor up to rpm, let your foot off the break and hold the throttle to the floor. I not trying to bash the GTR for having AWD and a bunch of computers helping it, its probably a good thing, I'm just saying that I bet with a good driver that the Z06 would be the better performance car.

Last edited:

mustangbee

Established Member
hmm..474 hp, 3800+ lbs....times look BSish to me...

the numbers are bs, not the times. im thinking with better lauches we'll see lower 11s, later on. it probably dynoes close to 440whp stock? the last GTR dynoed much higher than its flywheel number suggested.

this car is on the level on the Ford GT and C6 Z06, not the ZR-1, but EASILY surpasses a cobra on every level imaginable. modding isn't an arguement b/c anyone can buy an awd Talon or foxbody and completely build that car for under $20k

03CobraDom

Established Member
This car needs to be in Almo's thread about our cars compared to other cars... No car with a base price of under 40k will ever compare to the Terminator.

P.S. - This thing is still just a Nissan...

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member

hmm..474 hp, 3800+ lbs....times look BSish to me...

yea, what they said.
i actually saw the right hand drive show car at the boston autoshow and i gotta be honest i really didn't like it at all...
bosshow103.jpg

bosshow105.jpg

bosshow107.jpg

bosshow108.gif

i think for the price there are much beter things to be had

03CobraDom

Established Member
not likin the fenders as seen in pic 3...looks weird...They tried to incorporate too many aspects of a 350z with a skyline..

the whole thing almost reminds me of a chevy cobalt

Users who are viewing this thread