2009 GTR: 0-60 3.3 seconds

03CobraDom

Established Member
2005_Chevrolet_Cobalt_SS_rear2.JPG

bosshow105.jpg

thundermax

Established Member
The problem with the Zo6 motor is that from the factory it's pushed close to it's limits and when considering to add a supercharger or a turbo, you pretty much have to build the engine to withstand the extra stress. On the other hand the GT-R has advantage with highly computerized AWD and Launch controlls. I find the stock performance specifications impressive for the GT-R. Don't forget the stock settings are low boost and the car had to be detuned and pushed back to comply with emissions. Just by telling the computer to go all out and removing any restrictions with a reflash you will see what this car is capable off doing. This car has great potential and should by far surpass the old skylines and remember the old ones were much slower from factory.

Last edited:

Aerosi665

Daily Driver
Established Member
I've already heard that japanese tuners have had problems with high HP out of the ultra-technical AWD, breaking stuff and the parts for the skyline AWD are crazy $. Doesn't really surprise me though. People had no problems dumping 45k+ into their skylines to make 1,000+hp.

Last edited:

ScrpnVNM

Established Member
Meh... There's too much hype about what all the computers in this car can do. I like to be able to "get to know" my car instead of using the computer programs to be able to launch the damn car. It should be easy enough with the stupid paddle shi(f)t AND AWD. In the end, everyone is going to want to throw them computers out the window so that they don't screw with the tunning and the mods.

Boosted97

I wish I had a Cobra
Established Member
people need to stop comparing this car to the zr1, completly different cars for completely different purposes. the c6z is a much closer comparison. Yes with an above average driver the Z will take down the skyline, lighter and more hp will obviously do the trick. But Nissan designed this car for the every day guy that wants a "super" car. Obviously that term is used losly now a days, but that's what this is, the car anyone can drive fast. There are handful of drivers in the z's that will achieve low 11's to high 10s, but I'm fairly certain that it will be more uncommon to see GTR's not in the 11's than in them. The skyline is marketed to be a car you can take the the track, compete, if not beat the rest of them, and then have the wife drive it to her movie later. Not many cars can even compare to the ZR1, but trying to say the GTR does is the stupidest comment ever. (don't mind the spelling errors).

basically what i'm saying:
average driver in gtr > average driver in z06
average driver in gtr < above average driver in Z

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
The problem with the Zo6 motor is that from the factory it's pushed close to it's limits and when considering to add a supercharger or a turbo, you pretty much have to build the engine to withstand the extra stress. On the other hand the GT-R has advantage with highly computerized AWD and Launch controlls. I find the stock performance specifications impressive for the GT-R. Don't forget the stock settings are low boost and the car had to be detuned and pushed back to comply with emissions. Just by telling the computer to go all out and removing any restrictions with a reflash you will see what this car is capable off doing. This car has great potential and should by far surpass the old skylines and remember the old ones were much slower from factory.

Don't forget the limit of the sequential transmission used in the GT-R. ;-) Those types of transmissions weren't designed to handle gobs of hp & torque. Especially when it comes to long term reliability.

SVT2008

Banned
I'm sorry...my car is 1/4 the price of it and will probably smoke it in a straight line....I got coilovers but I'm sure that will take me in the twisties. But I would still rather own my car and a zo6 and still have 20g's! I owned a Nissan and their quiality is :kaboom:. It's not like a toyota or honda in that department.

You crack me up. Making fun of Nissan quality is like making fun of a Lexus and saying the quality sucks. And sorry but AWD that car will absolutely kill yours.

SVT2008

Banned
ZR-1 slightly behind it? Are you smoking crack? The GTR should be compared to the Z06, not the ZR1. The Z06 has a good 5mph+ on the GTR and with a good tire, will be right with it from a dig, not to mention the slaughter it will put down from a roll. The ZR1 and the '08 Viper are just not in the GTR's league, plain and simple. On a road course, again a Z06 with a tire will be just as fast, if not faster than the GTR. That is the comparison to make, NOT the ZR1 as it will be VERY ugly for the GTR. This has to be the most OVER-HYPED car I have ever seen. I realize the Skyline has a huge following, but this is just ridiculous. We have 130+mph trap cars coming out in the ZR1 and the '08 Viper, and everyone is talking about this GTR like it is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Bottom line, the ZR1 WILL walk this car in ANY type of race, period. On the street, MANY cars with a tire will give the GTR a very hard time.

If that were true, how come the GT-R is beating every single time the Z06 does on a road course? LOL

And per magazines, the GT-R and Z06 are pulling the same trap speeds. If you go by users on forums getting better traps, then yes it is 5+ mph better, but wait tilll the GT-R gets into users hands as well. The GT-R won't be a handful to race like the C6 is.

scn

Established Member
If that were true, how come the GT-R is beating every single time the Z06 does on a road course? LOL

And per magazines, the GT-R and Z06 are pulling the same trap speeds. If you go by users on forums getting better traps, then yes it is 5+ mph better, but wait tilll the GT-R gets into users hands as well. The GT-R won't be a handful to race like the C6 is.

Have you driven either of these cars?
Also, the track times have been with non production cars.

Last edited:

Vashthestampede

Its not a TUMAH
Established Member

Why the hell do you need to run boost on an ls7? Just do the wonderfully simple lsx formula of h/c and some spray...

This car weighs 3800lbs, I don't care how much ****ing technology you incorporate into it when it comes down to it your still paying 100+k in most instances for a technology laden pig that at that price point for all the supposed import superiority could've at least kept the weight down.

SVT2008

Banned
Obviously not the GT-R, but the C6 yes. And I can promise you the AWD in the GT-R will be much easier to drive than the C6 and getting traction.

The track times that Edmunds did was with a full production car that was loaned to them by a owner and they got 3.3 0-60 and like 11.6 at 121 mph. Faster than the Dodge Viper, Z06, Porsche 911

Last edited:

SVT2008

Banned
[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=yDoJdQXmwu8"]YouTube - Nissan GT-R: World´s 1st Full Test - Inside Line Exclusive[/ame] Edmunds test

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5VwdGILuoQ[/ame] GT-R vs 911 Turbo vs 911 GT3 vs NSX-R vs Gallardo Superleggera 5 lap battle

GT-R took a wide turn on that last one and gave up his position, driver error.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEKv1OjT_gI[/ame] GT-R vs Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera 400 meter battle And the GT-R wins, and it didn't use launch control on either of these videos.

Mitch.Shea

Established Member
GTR: 119mph trap speed
Z06: 125-130mph trap

Z06 will destroy the GTR in acceleration, just like it did the 911T

Exactly. with performance of todays sports cars im surprised the rags dont do more 0-100 or 0-150mph pulls. yay an AWD car ripped off 0-60mph quicker... dont mean shit of your gettin passed at or near the 1000ft mark at the strip.

SVT2008

Banned
GTR: 119mph trap speed
Z06: 125-130mph trap

Z06 will destroy the GTR in acceleration, just like it did the 911T

No it won't.

http://www.edmunds.com/apps/vdpcont...0890461/roadtestarticle.html&articleId=107906

Describing the driving experience as "catapulting" between apexes isn't meant to be particularly creative, just accurate. In this car you come out of one turn, see down the straight to the next, roll on the throttle and BAM! You're there! Putting this 'Vette through our test regimen confirmed this impression with a 0-to-60 time of 4.5 seconds and a quarter-mile dash of 12.2 seconds at 120.2 mph.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/FullTests/articleId=124017

Actually per this test GT-R will destroy the ZO6. Edmunds did this, and Edmunds ran 11.6 at 121 mph 0-60 in 3.3 sec in the GT-R.

Or from MT Mag

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests...sports_car_comparison/corvette_911_specs.html

12.0 at 124 mph.

Last edited:

Starfox07

Formerly XR4turbo
Established Member
:lol: edmunds

They test on a dusty surface with a HUGE advantage to AWD. The fact is that the Z has proven to run 125-130mph in the 1/4, I've seen it myself.

scn

Established Member
Obviously not the GT-R, but the C6 yes. And I can promise you the AWD in the GT-R will be much easier to drive than the C6 and getting traction.

The track times that Edmunds did was with a full production car that was loaned to them by a owner and they got 3.3 0-60 and like 11.6 at 121 mph. Faster than the Dodge Viper, Z06, Porsche 911

Well I have driven a Z06 several times on the track and while it might not be the easiest to drive fast, that is not the point. Whatever happened to drivers skill. I can assure you, the Z06 is very capable of taking down a GT-R. It did the same to the 911 Turbo. As for the edmunds vid, that car had non production tires. Also, I believe car and driver hit a 3.4 0-60, and 11.X @ 127. Clearly, the Z is moving out by the quarter.

SVT2008

Banned
:lol: edmunds

They test on a dusty surface with a HUGE advantage to AWD. The fact is that the Z has proven to run 125-130mph in the 1/4, I've seen it myself.

Proven by forum members. I rather go by Edmunds or MT, etc until the GT-R gets into peoples hands.

And Edmunds even said the surface they ran on was less than ideal conditions and dusty. Quit making up excuses.

Users who are viewing this thread