2009 Vista Blue GT500 for sale by original owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I purchased my '09 Vista Blue in November of 2008 from a local Ford dealer. Since then, I have only put 3,003 miles on her. I'm in Upstate, NY, so the car was stored inside at my residence each winter due to road and weather conditions. When I did have the opportunity to drive it in the summer, I was usually working overtime. Being in commercial construction, that meant some years got very little use. I did spend time each year upgrading various components and documented most everything here at SVTP. The car has never been smoked in nor has it seen rain, salt, etc. The interior still smells factory new, and the underside is as clean as the day it rolled off the assembly line. All service work was performed by myself as well as the modifications. The car is clean and very fast. Turn the key, and go.

Price is $34,900 firm. I'm not parting anything out.

Untitledo.jpg

Engine/Driveline

Supercharger

In 2010 I added FRPP's Whipple 2.9 supercharger kit. I've never had the car on a dyno or to a dragstrip but I'd venture to guess rear wheel horsepower at ~660. FRPP rates the kit at 725hp, flywheel (link here). The kit performs flawlessly. Link to writeup on blower kit installation is here.

12-Revan-RacingGates-Blue-Belts.jpg

Ford Racing GT500 headers

In 2014 I procured and added a set of FRPP's shorty headers. Maintaining emissions legality is necessary due to where I live and these fit the bill perfectly. They are quiet, and leak free. Any power increase is minimal but they did slightly add some growl to the exhaust note.

IMG_5711.jpg

Link to install writeup here.

I also added a PHRP "H-pipe" which definitely gave the exhaust a deeper tone that the "X" section allowed. Install here. In addition, I pieced together and added the Boss 302 factory side exhaust. System sounds superb. Just a deep tone and in no way too loud or overbearing - I'm old and not a fan of really loud exhaust systems.:) I fabbed a few of these systems for SVTP members and I'm happy to say that each one would probably agree on how good it sounds. Install writeup here. The system terminates and exits via Ford Racing/KR mufflers.

All factory items that were removed are in perfect shape, in boxes, and go with the car. Also included is the original X-pipe assembly, which probably has 800 or so miles on it. The pipe assembly that was modified only had a few thousand miles on it and was used so as to preserve the original assembly.

Cooling, etc.

In 2011 I added a twin fan Afco heat exchanger that I purchased from Justin at VMP. The Ford Racing ProCal tune turns them on at fairly cold temperatures and as a result the system stays rather cool. I also added a larger coolant reservoir from VMP at the same time. Install here.

In 2014 I added a set of Gates' blue belts that came from Van at Revan Racing, a much more durable belt than stock. Install here.

8-Revan-RacingGates-Blue-Belts.jpg

I also installed on of Bob's oil separator kits for the passenger side with a firewall mount. Braided lines and anodized fittings make for a clean install on a well designed unit. Drain is at the bottom of the separator. Install here.

Battery was upgraded to an Optima Red Top after my original battery gave up. I maintain the battery with a trickle charger through the winter time.

Shifter

I originally installed FRPP's shifter and used that for a few years. When George at MGW released his Gen2 the FRPP came out and in went the best shifter on the market.

xIMG_7931-Edit.jpg

I currently have one of George's weighted gripper balls on the car but I have a white MGW ball if you'd rather. Install writeup here. The car has the original clutch and has been trouble free. It was equipped from the factory with the revised factory clutch and billet flywheel after '07-'08 owners had a few issues. Also included is an extra new in box clutch and flywheel that is no longer available from Ford.

Driveshaft

In 2012 I began researching a way to install the factory '13/'14 GT500 CF driveshaft onto any '07-'12 GT500. I eventually had a flange adapter machined that would allow just that and there are currently almost thirty other '07-'12 GT500 owners running the exact same setup. It is smooth through the range and trouble free. Install writeup here.

IMG_0043.jpg

Rear Axle

In 2009 I purchased and installed one of FRPP's complete 3.73 axle assemblies. The assembly uses the GT500's larger pinion bearing and is identical to the assembly that Ford installed in '08/'09 KR's on the assembly line prior to shipping the incomplete cars off to Las Vegas. I detailed the unit prior to installation as it came bare finish.

4ry3D480.jpg

11ry3D480.jpg

The original axle assembly has been sitting in a corner of my shop, inside, since it was pulled. It is an original 3.31 geared assembly with only a few hundred miles. It is included with the sale. The car currently has a modified Explorer axle cover on it which allows for easy service. I showed how I did it here. Also installed is a Shelby manufactured axle reservoir to eliminate the possibility of leaking and allows the assembly to properly vent. Install here.

Suspension and Brakes

Maximum Motorsports S197 K-member

My most recent suspension install was that of Maximum Motorsports' S197 K-member and brace. This is not a "drag oriented" part as it was designed for daily street use as well as that of a typical road course. Weight is roughly that of the stock unit.

1Untitled.jpg

The MM K-member allows for more performance orientated hardware to be installed if you so choose. I elected to reinstall the stock control arms but did install an MM supplied bump steer kit and MM caster/camber plates. Mods added zero NVH and you would never notice it was there unless you climbed under the car or had a very keen eye. It is a very slick part. Install writeup here.

2013-2014 GT500 Track Pack Electronically Adjustable Bilstein Struts/Shocks

In 2013 I worked with a few key people at Bilstein to allow adapting a stand alone electronic system that allowed taking advantage of the current year hardware from the top dog Shelby. These struts/shocks allow for either "Sport" or "comfort" mode to be enacted by pressing a button on the dash. The change in modes is instantaneous. Comfort mode is just that - is allows for relaxed cruising. Sport allows you to be more aggressive at the track when conditions warrant. The shocks and struts are 100% factory Ford pieces and can be serviced as such. The control box is mounted behind the glove box. All in all, a very satisfying mod. Install writeup here.

Front '13/'14 GT500 Bilstein struts...

IMG_2123z.jpg

Rear remote reservoir '13/'14 GT500 Bilstein shocks...

IMG_2062.jpg

Installed along with the Bilsteins were new FRPP M-5300-L springs, designed to be compatible with the '13/'14 Track Pack dampers. I also installed the latest issue strut tops at that time.

Maximum Motorsports/Roush Control Arms

In 2009 I installed MM's new for the time "Extreme Duty" lower control arms. They are the strongest rated arms on the market, bar none. MM uses quality Teflon lined rod ends that have been noise and trouble free. They allow for maximum articulation as well as precise, deflection-free axle control. Aslo installed at the same time was Roush's "anti-wheelhop" upper control arm. Utilizing a different stamping than stock with slightly altered geometry, this UCA is quiet as well. It uses a factory Ford bushing, replacing the factory marshmallow one with one of slightly higher durometer. I also installed a new MM adjustable rear panhard bar. Aluminum construction with high quality rod ends - key in precision and staying quiet. MM's bar does both and is a great piece. Writeup here.

ry%3D480

H&R Sway Bars

For a time I installed and ran the factory Ford GT500KR suspension which I eventually removed when I installed the Bilsteins. The car is still sporting the H&R front and rear sway bars though. Well engineered pieces with some high tech bushings, these compliment the current suspension setup perfectly. Install photos can be seen here. Sale of the car includes the KR suspension hardware (as well as all of the original 2009 GT500 suspension hardware), boxed and in perfect condition.

ry%3D480

FRPP/ARP Hubs and Studs

In 2012 I installed FRPP wheel studs, manufactured for FRPP by ARP. The front studs came installed in new, factory S197 front hubs, while the rears require removing the factory studs so that the ARP's can be installed in their place. These are much stronger than stock and allow custom wheel sizes and spacers if that was something you needed. They are longer than the factory studs but certainly tasteful in appearance. Install writeup here.

IMG_9911.jpg

IMG_0061_zpsb532c494.jpg

FRPP Rear LCA Relocation Brackets

In 2013 I installed FRPP's relocation brackets. These restore rear suspension geometry to a more optimum position after lowering the vehicle. I welded these to the FRPP housing. They are rock solid in construction and minimalist in design. No issues whatsoever from them. Install here.

IMG_0184_zps7841fcf2.jpg

FTBR HD RR Slotted Two-Piece Front and Rear Rotors

In 2013 I installed Full Tilt Boogie Racing's road race (the heavy duty units, not the light weight ones) slotted front and rear rotors. Top notch anodized aluminum hats with replaceable iron friction rings. The rear rotors are increased to 13" with this kit as well. They have performed flawlessly and have little to no wear. Original rotors are in great shape and are boxed and included as well. Also added were FTBR's backing plates that allow brake cooling hoses to be attached if necessary. Install writeup here.

IMG_0905_zps42dec9ca.jpg

FRPP FR500S ABS Brake Module

I swapped ABS modules because I wanted the "default to off" feature. The factory system comes with the system armed and on each time you start the car. The FRPP module defaults to off upon startup and you then hit the button to turn it on. It is also programmed to work more effectively under more aggressive, road course-style conditions. Original unit is in perfect shape and in a box if you so desired to swap it back in.

IMG_8211copy.jpg

IMG_8214.jpg

Wheels and Tires

I think I had almost every GT500 factory rolling stock combination installed (save for the '13/'14 Track Package wheels) on the car at one time. What comes with the car are a set of the '13/'14 GT500 base wheels/Goodyears that I purchased from a fellow member that immediately removed them from his new GT500. Tires still have the nubs on them and almost no wear. Wheels are in perfect condition without any scratches, nicks, etc. I never changed the TPMS sensors, so you'd have to have that done if you want the factory TPMS sytem to be active. I just don't trust the locals here to do the work without damaging them hence my reluctance to change sensors. Regardless, they are a perfect fit/match for the earlier cars.

f692136f-d48a-42b6-bcf9-67e39dd61ac2.jpg

Also included are the original set of factory GT500 wheels/tires. The set is compromised of 285's on each wheel as I ran a square 285 setup for a bit. The 285 fit the front just fine. The wheels were only used for a few hundred miles and then removed so I could swap in new (for then) 2010 wheel/tires. They have been stored inside, out of the sun, since their removal. They are scratch free and are complete with the original TPMS sensors, etc, installed as well.

Interior

Factory Recaro Seats

In 2013 I purchased a set of Recaro seats from FRPP with the intention of installing them in my '09. I also bout a full set of 2013 GT500 black leather Recaro skins from Dean Martin of Rehagen Racing. I removed and sold the cloth FRPP skins and installed the '13 GT500 skins in their place (I never used the rear seat '13 skins but they are in a box and are included as well). I swapped components between my original seats and the new Recaros, ending up with a full power/adjustable, airbag equipped, factory looking seat. Huge improvement over the '09 seats. Writeup here.

IMG_1319_zps83125528.jpg

FRPP Laguna Seca Rear Seat Delete and X Brace

As soon as FRPP released this kit I bought one. Kit gives you a great excuse to not have to give more than one person a ride.:) While not originally listed as fitting GT500's, FRPP revised their catalog after I submitted my writeup documenting the fact that they were a perfect fit. A great kit and unobtainable with the red brace now. Install here.

IMG_9757.jpg

Rear seats have been stored inside my home since being removed. All belt/seat hardware included.

Sullivan Racing Products Pedal Kit

In 2011 I installed a complete billet machined pedal kit from SRP. A huge improvement over stock both visually and functionally. Also included is a wider gas pedal for those that like to "heel & toe." Writeup here.

IMG_8506.jpg

Exterior/Body

The car originally came with stripes. I was having a tough time finding one without them so when I got mine I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted to do. I removed them the first year I had the car, before it ever saw much sun. At one point I removed the rear spoiler from the factory decklid and installed a KR rear spoiler. After a couple of years I pulled the factory decklid/KR spoiler and put it in a box with the factory GT500 rear spoiler. In its place I installed a factory decklid (purchased from my local dealer) that I had a local body shop fill the factory faux gas cap, key hole, and third brake light slot, and paint in the factory hue. Some don't favor it but I do for its simplicity. The factory decklid/spoilers are in perfect condition and can be bolted back on if so desired. So as it stands, this is the look from the rear, simple and clean.

Untitledkkk.jpg

Untitledttt.jpg

The factory "SHELBY" decklid lettering is in a box and can be reused with fresh tape from 3M. The factory front snake is in a box as well as I swapped it for the Ford Racing CJ snake offered through FRPP. Side snake badging remains. Here are a couple of shots of how the CDC LED third brake light kit works. It is a very subtle mod and looks a bit like that of the S550 models.

IMG_8933.jpg

IMG_8935.jpg

I also purchased a factory Ford painted hood from Shelby in Las Vegas and had it shipped to my home. I didn't want to have to worry about ever getting bumped in the front and having to find one so this worked out perfectly. It is included as well and is in perfect shape.

IMAG0769.jpg

IMAG0767.jpg

The factory hood (the one that came installed on the car) has a set of True Forged's billet hood vents. Steve was great to work with on such a tasteful modification. Included are the original plastic vents.

The car has been a true joy to work on and is a great driver on the street. PM me if you are interested in a really great car.

_ad%20requirement1.jpg

Note - seller reserves right to remove the item for sale for any reason at any time.

monsterpost

Established Member
WOW, SIMPLY WOW. You have a really nice car there sir. I don't think you will have any problem selling this at all. If I hadn't just bought a IRA for 2015 and a few other things I would buy it for what your asking. If it's still for sale in a few months which I'm sure it will be sold, I'll give you a call when I have some funds available to me. Good luck with your sale.

Five-0

Established Member
Simply gorgeous! Maybe I missed it, but have you upgraded the clutch or anything with the trans?

BossAnaki

Established Member
Can't believe that you're selling it?? I've enjoyed reading your write ups that you've done over the years while owning this car. GLWS

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
WOW, SIMPLY WOW. You have a really nice car there sir. I don't think you will have any problem selling this at all. If I hadn't just bought a IRA for 2015 and a few other things I would buy it for what your asking. If it's still for sale in a few months which I'm sure it will be sold, I'll give you a call when I have some funds available to me. Good luck with your sale.
Good luck with the IRA. The market has been a bit of a challenge as of late and I want to see everyone that takes on some risk to succeed. Hopefully you do well enough to keep making money as well as buy the car you want!

Simply gorgeous! Maybe I missed it, but have you upgraded the clutch or anything with the trans?

The clutch and flywheel are factory stock. I have no interest in clutch dumps, burnouts, etc, and can honestly say it has been treated as good as could be. I followed with interest some of the clutch woes that '07/'08 owners suffered through. This car was assembled roughly two weeks after a running assembly line change that included a billet flywheel, coated disc splines, etc. The first factory TSB for early owners included the clutch/flywheel that this car has. In fact, I found a guy selling a new, never installed TSB clutch/flywheel and bought it so I'd have an extra if I ever needed it. This is included, as is a low mile '13 GT500 clutch/flywheel that I picked up too. Note - the billet '09 flywheel has been coated with cosmoline to protect it from any potential corrosion while stored.

IMG_1449copy_zpsca8b4510.jpg

IMG_1451copy_zpsea1b7988.jpg

IMG_1437_zpsc8a50e03.jpg

IMG_1439copy_zpsb99cea68.jpg

IMG_1418copy_zpsde2277e5.jpg

IMG_1406copy_zpsee1be1f5.jpg

The TR6060 trans is issue-free as well. Never had any "grind" and if you look through countless threads on the matter over the last 8 years or so, you'd see me commenting as such. In concert with the Gen2 MGW shifter (as well as the factory carbon fiber driveshaft) the driveline on this car is very rugged.

Where is the car located?

Just north of Niagara Falls, NY.

Can't believe that you're selling it?? I've enjoyed reading your write ups that you've done over the years while owning this car. GLWS

Thanks for the kind words. It has been a joy to work on the car over the years and I will miss it very much. I don't have to sell it but I'd love to see it go to someone that appreciates it as much as I have. With the recent purchase of a '16 Mustang it simply doesn't make sense as it would see even less use. I think it's kind of neat that whoever buys it can look back at exactly what I did to it with detailed writeups on most every mod.

PM replied to!

A couple of things I forgot to mention.

About two years ago I contacted Justin from VMP about having him write me a tune that would maintain emissions legality and not veer too far from the FRPP ProCal tune in terms of safety. So I purchased an SCT XCAL4 from him. He wrote two tunes for me. The first, a more aggressive one that would work with my existing setup, and a second that was designed to take advantage of some larger injectors - so I purchased 8 OEM factory Ford '13/'14 GT500 injectors. I never got the chance to upload either tune and the injectors remained sealed in their bags. All of this is included as well.

zIMG_5320.jpg

As per Justin's recommendation, I picked up a wide band setup so that I could datalog my existing setup for some baseline numbers as well as after his tune/injectors were uploaded/installed. While I did forward some logs to him regarding how well the ProCal tune that was provided in the FRPP/Whipple kit, I didn't install the tune or injectors so I didn't take it any further. The wideband setup I purchased was a Ballenger Motorsports AFR500. The harness for it is installed on the car, I had already added a bung for the O2 sensor in the exhaust, such that the system is plug/play and ready to go if you'd like to finish what I started. You can leave the harness installed but I'd recommend pulling the O2 sensor if it isn't going to be powered up. In essence, the legwork is done and this system is ready if you'd like to upgrade. If it matters, the ProCal tune numbers looked great, albeit on the conservative side.

IMG_5286.jpg

IMG_5290.jpg

IMG_5310.jpg

I also forgot to mention that I added a pair of Redline Tuning's hood support struts. A simple, low cost mod, that pays off every time you raise the hood. The factory prop rod remains in place as well.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
" 3,003 miles "..................." Price is $34,900 firm.................a bargain considering the mods done & the parts that come with it !!!

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Don't laugh....I forgot to list the extra fuel pump I bought from you for a backup in case I ever needed it. Thanks for reminding me!:)

Gabe9195

Whippled Coyote
Established Member
Worth every freakin penny!
What a car!
I so wish I had the $$ ...

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Great deal for someone. Sorry to see it go Tob, gorgeous car.

hyvltge

PSI
Established Member
Shocked you are selling and saddened to see it go. Had I still had my 07, I would've purchased this without hesitation.

Sooooo, what's next?

Zemedici

Established Member
Best for sale thread ever posted. Well done, Tob.

Good luck with the sale. Worth every penny

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Yes, outstanding thread and what a beautiful car. Someone is going to get one hell of a deal.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
No he didn't. It's just at the very bottom of the OP, but not with a item. I'll let this one slide.

I saw the little square..but I thought it had to be in the picture of whatever it was the person is selling.

Regardless, obviously this is his car and I don't care. Just giving him/you a hard time.

Feel free to delete these last few comments as they don't add to his for sale thread.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Beautiful car, well done, and excellent thread! I enjoyed just reading it, we should save this one as a "how-to" for the market!

GLWS

hRnYg0aTw33d

Established Member
This is an absolute steal with what comes with the car. I love those 13/14 base wheels. Why are they impossible to find? Someone is going to be very happy. GLWS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread