2010 ZR1 got Owned!

JPB

On jack stands
Established Member
By me on a 2005 Yamaha R1. While it isn't really impressive since the bike is a 9 sec bike stock and the ZR1 is a high 10 sec car stock. However,the senario does make it somewhat humorous. I'm sure some of you will enjoy it while others will flame me, make excuses for the vette, tell me I'm stupid, or whatever. Anyway, I was sitting at a stop light with another friend on a heavily modified 2001 R1. While we were sitting there a Light Blue ZR1 coming from the right turned right at the light heading the same direction. Once he straightend up he stomped down on it. He was out of sight around a bend in the road before our light ever turned green. Our light finally turned and we proceeded down the road in at a normal pace. Once we got around the bend I noticed he was stuck at the next light in the middle lane with the right lane (the one we were in) open. There was a truck with a couple of guys talking to him when we pulled up beside him at the light. I saw the guys in the truck point over at us. The light turned green but we took off normal and left the intersection slightly ahead of him. Then all of a sudden all I heard was his exhaust. He jumped on us. I couldn't go unless my buddy went because he was in front of me. Both of us had to downshift back to first because we weren't thinking he was going to go because he didn't rev or anything. The car was quick enough to get ahead of me and even by the time we twisted the throttle. However, the tables turned on him extremely quickly. He never got in front of both of us and I went by him like a freight train. My buddy was fighting wheelies the whole time while I was just making sure not to run into the back of him if and when he shut it down. So both of us were short shifting. When we shut down I looked back and he was at a minimum of 10 car lengths behind us (kinda hard to tell). Like I said earlier...not truely impressive because high 9 sec bikes stock that aren't stock should outrun a high 10 sec car.

I know it could've been a different race from say like 120mph as the car pulls like crazy there and is more aerodynamic than a bike. However, by the time we reach that mph from a stop the race is over for us. I also know and understand there are cars on the road, in this metroplex, and on this forum that can slay bikes. Just wanted to share it with you guys because so many of us have been slayed by Z06's and such. Personally, I'd rather go home in a Z06 or ZR1 than an R1.

Last edited:

rtdakota

Established Member
What makes it rather humorous to me is the fact; and I'm guessing of course. But I have this mental picture of a salesman telling this guy purchasing a $115,000 dollar car it is the fastest thing on the road and him believing it.

Do you really think that someone with the means to buy a ZR1 that is driving it in the manner in which you describe would even listen to a salesman about the performance? :dw:

JPB

On jack stands
Established Member
Do you really think that someone with the means to buy a ZR1 that is driving it in the manner in which you describe would even listen to a salesman about the performance? :dw:

Who cares? There are a lot to idiots in this world. Having money doesn't change that any more than being able to push the pedal to the floor. Obviously he thought he had a shot at winning. Doesn't really show intelligence on his part. Hmmm, let me pick on this machine that is a full second and 13mph faster than me stock. I rather doubt he just wanted to see $5,000 bike go. But again; what difference does it make?

Last edited:

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Who cares? There are a lot to idiots in this world. Having money doesn't change that any more than being able to push the pedal to the floor. But again; what difference does it make?

he means most people who own this car might not drive the piss out of it. and anyone who buys one of these knows what it is and what it isn't. of course, some people just don't realize how fast bikes are. either way, a good kill, and good to see someone beating the snot out of a car that was meant to do just that

JPB

On jack stands
Established Member

Sorry, I'll take what I can get. I'm relatively sure my Cobra will be able to slay a stock ZR1 on the street and possibly keep up with a modified one depending on exactly how far the ZR1 is modified. If it can't the bike will always be there. But hey, I'm even sure I'll possibly run into one that will slay the bike. DFW is pretty big and there is money here. So I'm sure it is a matter of time before I see a ZR1 with a sheet metal intake manifold and twin turbos making 1xxx rwhp.

white_gt500

Established Member
hey im in the ft worth for a couple of weeks and havent met to many ppl around here yet, where does everyone hang out or the car scenes around here? i had the gt500 here last weeknd but isnt to gas friendly with me, i want to bring it back up here tho and meet some of the mustang ppl up here!!

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Your funny. I said it isn't impressive. Oh, and I think the correct word would be medal; not metal.

the irony in this post is strong. good kill though. there's money/car enthusiasts everywhere. i live in a town of 30k people and there's a zr1 and several c6z's and other modded cars around.

JPB

On jack stands
Established Member
the irony in this post is strong. good kill though. there's money/car enthusiasts everywhere. i live in a town of 30k people and there's a zr1 and several c6z's and other modded cars around.

I gotcha. I expected some people to get their feathers ruffled although that was not my intention. I guess I don't really care what guys think. They can think me dumb if they want.

Users who are viewing this thread