2011 5.0 76mm Hellion Results

KenB

Established Member
Did you tune the car with the bumper cover off? I wonder if there would be an inlet restriction since the turbo sits so close to the front of the bumper.

I really like how they have the oil pumped back up to the valve cover instead of punching and tapping the pan.

Can't wait to hear numbers once you guys start messing with cam timing.

Yes we tuned it with it off. The bumper wouldn't fit without a lot of work and we did that later.

I do NOT like going back to the valve cover. In the history of the Ford overhead cam engines, drainback has always been an issue. Sometimes to the point of starving the car of oil because all the oil would stay in the heads. This was addressed in the coyote engine, but I'd prefer to return the oil back to the pain where it belongs.

Van@RevanRacing

Nice work Ken. The proof is in the tuning, years of tuning experience and technical understanding of proper calibration. SAE numbers and those boost pressures show the difference compared to others. Once the spikes are ironed out I'm sure you will have it screaming.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
im not trying to start a battle but how did yall make that power on a max of 10psi w/boost creep and BBR made only 10HP more with 15psi? BIG difference in the boost. im just trying to figure this out. I know neither shop is either unsafe at tuning or better than one another in that aspect.

Last edited:

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
i really dont see the turbo size being the difference here. yea the 64mm might be more restrictive but the difference in boost is what is killing me.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
i really dont see the turbo size being the difference here. yea the 64mm might be more restrictive but the difference in boost is what is killing me.

Why wouldn't the turbo size be the difference? The bigger turbo moves more air and makes more power per pound of boost.

KenB

Established Member

If you are comparing this car to BBRs car, you can't. BBR stated that they could not tune the car fully on their dyno because it was not loading it correctly so they only did the pull to 5,200.

You can read what they said about it here:

HELLION '11 5.0 Mustang makes 653hp730tq

Post 5

They have the same dyno I used for this car though.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
ok, im not trying to like see who is better or actually comparing them or anything i was just trying to get some help to understand the 2 cars. either way they are both impressive. I think i would rather have a bigger turbo on lower boost though.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Why wouldn't the turbo size be the difference? The bigger turbo moves more air and makes more power per pound of boost.

i was leaning more towards tuning but im not trying to start a "whos better tune" war. This post has totally sold me on the turbo kit and I was just trying to learn a lil to get my ducks in a row for when i finally pull the trigger on this kit one day. 76mm it is :beer:

KenB

Established Member
i was leaning more towards tuning but im not trying to start a "whos better tune" war. This post has totally sold me on the turbo kit and I was just trying to learn a lil to get my ducks in a row for when i finally pull the trigger on this kit one day. 76mm it is :beer:

I wasn't either. I was just trying to explain when their numbers seemed low. If they posted a graph it would make more sense since they only pulled the car to 5,200

MRSUPRA

Established Member
Very impressive. Looks like you would have made 641rwhp even without the little boost spike to 10psi at the end.

Users who are viewing this thread