2011 5.0 76mm Hellion Results

KenB

Established Member
IMAG0009.jpg

Got this done Saturday. This is with the 76mm upgrade with a 6 lb. spring. Actually made 8psi. Up top we were getting boost creep as we think the wastegate may be too small. Still very happy with the numbers. Vinny (owner) is going to upgrade to a larger wastegate and then we will retune.

vinny.jpg

Video of dyno pull

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne0k62ys5WQ"]YouTube - ‪2011 Hellion Turbo Mustang GT‬‏[/nomedia]

Last edited:

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
What is the car used for? Is that safe to run as a daily driver with that much power on the stock motor?

KenB

Established Member
What is the car used for? Is that safe to run as a daily driver with that much power on the stock motor?

Daily Driver. Pretty sure it's his only car. I think it's safe. Only issue is the boost creep. I'd like to see it keep 6-8 psi across the board.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Daily Driver. Pretty sure it's his only car. I think it's safe. Only issue is the boost creep. I'd like to see it keep 6-8 psi across the board.
I was just about to ask why it crept up from 8psi to 10 near the end of the pull. Wastegate in a weird spot?

Outstanding results nonetheless. I agree, a 64mm is way too small. The 76mm does way better even at low boost levels.

KenB

Established Member
I was just about to ask why it crept up from 8psi to 10 near the end of the pull. Wastegate in a weird spot?

Outstanding results nonetheless. I agree, a 64mm is way too small. The 76mm does way better even at low boost levels.

No, it's in a good spot. It 'might' be too small. Going to try that first. But I'm a little worried we have a back pressure issue and we are getting valve float. Either way we will figure it out.

KenB

Established Member
Great results ken, that's a top notch job! (BEAST MODE ACTIVATED) LOL!

Thanks. Here's another interesting fact....

I spent almost no time trying to make power. Mostly just trying to figure out the boost issue up top. But with one change to cam timing I picked up 20 rwhp @ 6500. So once we get the boost figured out, there will probably be more gains with fine tuning. Not sure it really needs any more power though. lol

acrbill

Established Member
Did you tune the car with the bumper cover off? I wonder if there would be an inlet restriction since the turbo sits so close to the front of the bumper.

I really like how they have the oil pumped back up to the valve cover instead of punching and tapping the pan.

Can't wait to hear numbers once you guys start messing with cam timing.

BOD89LX

Established Member
Is that with a open down pipe and does the WG go back into hot side?

Users who are viewing this thread