2011 5.0 vs 03 Termi

Jroc

Established Member
I have a 2v gt? that's news to me :shrug:

Pot_Meet_Kettle.jpg

Coming from the guy who thinks that his lightening will out handle a Terminator you have no room to talk. I was trying to have an intelligent conversation but it seems as though that is too hard for you.

My L has more front and rear grip than my Terminator did with MM Coilovers/valved Bilsteins, FLSFC's, C/C plates, fully built IRS, wide and stick tires front and rear, k-member brace, etc. It doesn't feel as light or flickable, but it does grip better/more. If you choose not to accept this fact then I don't give a shit. From a performance aspect my favorite thing about my L is it's handling. How many L's have you driven? The only place I prefer my Cobra to my L is in a high speed turn say 60+ MPH.

But that's a different argument. The fact remains I've probably forgot more about a Terminator than you will ever know about them. Your Terminator knowledge pales in comparison to mine.

Last edited:

2K1 SVT

Established Member
My L has more front and rear grip than my Terminator did with MM Coilovers/valved Bilsteins, fully built IRS, FLSFC's, wide, and stick tires front and rear, and few braces, etc. It doesn't feel as light or flickable, but it does grip better. If you choose not to accept this fact then I don't give a shit. From a performance aspect my favorite thing about my L is it's handling. How many L's have you driven? The only place I prefer my Cobra to my L is in a high speed turn say 60+ MPH.

But that's a different argument. The fact remains I've probably forgot more about a Terminator than you will ever know about them. Your Terminator knowledge pales in comparison to mine.

About the only thing that you know more about them is how to wreck them :burn:

Waiting for your novel long response about how it was the tracks fault........

Last edited:

Jroc

Established Member
About the only thing that you know more about them is how to wreck them :burn:

Waiting for your novel long response about how it was the tracks fault........

lol.

I know your momma bitch.

19935.slow

Established Member
The Cobra R will not benefit as much from bolt on's when compared to a Terminator, It's common knowledge that it's easier to make power with a boosted car rather than an N/A car.

This debate is pointless though as the Cobra R was never really meant to go fast in a straight line, it was meant to be a street legal race car.

MOST ported cars are in the low 11's. How can you say 11.30s with intake, tune, exhaust, and gears in a n.a car doesn't compare?

2K1 SVT

Established Member
MOST ported cars are in the low 11's. How can you say 11.30s with intake, tune, exhaust, and gears in a n.a car doesn't compare?

I said that a the Terminator will make more power bolt on for bolt on, the Cobra R already has the best of everything on it ( the best flowing heads, good cams and a better flowing exhaust than the 03/04's) and IMO has less room to grow than the Terminator.

But as I said the Cobra R shouldn't be judged on it's straight line speed as it's a track car not a drag car.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Terminator is better than the 11+ GT even with two pistons tied behind it's crank...just saying :poke: It could never be as good..it's JUST a GT...and the Terminator is a COBRA :pepper: Roll Tide!!! :beer:

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Terminator is better than the 11+ GT even with two pistons tied behind it's crank...just saying :poke: It could never be as good..it's JUST a GT...and the Terminator is a COBRA :pepper: Roll Tide!!! :beer:

Now that you mention it... Cobra > GT /thread. :banana:

thapr3dat0r

Just the Tip
Established Member
We need to get the Termi owner in here to explain his side of this race. That will at least settle this for now.

Hey Justin, is you're buddy a member on here? He owns a Cobra so he should be. Any chance you can send him this thread? Let's keep this fair, balanced and back on topic.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
We need to get the Termi owner in here to explain his side of this race. That will at least settle this for now.

Hey Justin, is you're buddy a member on here? He owns a Cobra so he should be. Any chance you can send him this thread? Let's keep this fair, balanced and back on topic.

Why :shrug: Not hard to believe that a 412/390 car wooped up on a 390/390. Interesting thing in the video is that as soon as the Cobra went into boost the race ended and it looked like the GT lost gaining ground for a split second. I assume both cars are about equal here but from the video if both cars were driven perfectly I would have money on the Cobra....just my opinion.

thapr3dat0r

Just the Tip
Established Member
Why :shrug: Not hard to believe that a 412/390 car wooped up on a 390/390. Interesting thing in the video is that as soon as the Cobra went into boost the race ended and it looked like the GT lost gaining ground for a split second.

Why not? Seems only fair to hear his recount of what happened. As soon as he went into boost? Why wasn't he instantly in boost? It's a roots blower, not a single big turbo. See what I'm saying. It's pretty obvious it was a questionable race at best. Not hard to believe at all, but whooped that badly?

I assume both cars are about equal here but from the video if both cars were driven perfectly I would have money on the Cobra....just my opinion.

That's a big if.

Last edited:

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Why not? Seems only fair to hear his recount of what happened. As soon as he went into boost? Why wasn't he instantly in boost? It's a roots blower, not a single big turbo. See what I'm saying. It's pretty obvious it was a questionable race at best. Not hard to believe at all, but whooped that badly?

That's a big if.

I'm down to hear the other driver for sure:beer: But if you listen to the video you dont even hear the eaton whine till the race is almost over. Meanwhile the 5.0 is putting cars on it. But when you do hear it whine the gap stops. I just dont think the Cobra guy was on it soon enough. That could be his fault but this was driver against driver more than car against car.

thapr3dat0r

Just the Tip
Established Member
I'm down to hear the other driver for sure:beer: But if you listen to the video you dont even hear the eaton whine till the race is almost over. Meanwhile the 5.0 is putting cars on it. But when you do hear it whine the gap stops. I just dont think the Cobra guy was on it soon enough. That could be his fault but this was driver against driver more than car against car.

Yup, my point exactly about the eaton whine. Thats what makes me :??: I mean the guy was filming and racing at the same time :nonono: I bet Cobra dude was in the wrong gear and didn't punch it soon enough like you said. Much credit to the new 5.0s but that was a prison rape. Should have been much closer.

jas11151990

Established Member
Why :shrug: Not hard to believe that a 412/390 car wooped up on a 390/390. Interesting thing in the video is that as soon as the Cobra went into boost the race ended and it looked like the GT lost gaining ground for a split second. I assume both cars are about equal here but from the video if both cars were driven perfectly I would have money on the Cobra....just my opinion.

I shifted into 4th and left off at the end you didnt hear the blower due to my straight exhaust and heard it at the end when I let off when the gap stopped as you think, how would you have money on a pretty much stock cobra thats putting 350? to the wheel vs a 422 car?

Last edited:

2K1 SVT

Established Member
Yup, my point exactly about the eaton whine. Thats what makes me :??: I mean the guy was filming and racing at the same time :nonono: I bet Cobra dude was in the wrong gear and didn't punch it soon enough like you said. Much credit to the new 5.0s but that was a prison rape. Should have been much closer.

And we are back to the original arguement, this was pointed out but the OP refused to admit that it should have been closer. The 5.0 guys then came in and made a mountain out of a mole hill with their Napoleon complex going on which is when the which is better argument ensued. No one argued that the cobra should have won it was just stated that it should have been closer.

5.0's and Terminators are both great cars in their own respects and the 5.0 was definently faster in this case. / thread

Users who are viewing this thread