frydguy79

Established Member
i have 2 more 2011 allocation's for this coming next week
order it anyway you want:beer:

Last edited:

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
Invoice buyer here too... If not I am going to be getting one of the many many 2010"s that are going to be out there...... already dealers taking $5k off msrp....

MattR

Established Member
:coolman:
if there were any 2011 cars available for invoice i'd would personally buy everyone of them

Well seeing as how the cars are not even in production yet and you already have several allocations, in a few months a couple hundred over invoice will be a breeze. Every dealer in my area has at least one 2010 and they will all sell for just over invoice or at invoice. Most will deal on the 2011. 2011 will be a long model year so lots of cars will be made and sitting on lots this comming winter.

By the way I have obtained a contract for a 2011 at invoice, dealer is still making what, almost 2k (dealer holdback) and it doesnt sit in the showroom for months costing them interest.

In my opinion Ford should offer the retail verification for GT-500s and then the good dealers would sell a ton and the jerks charging over MSRP would sit on their one allocation.

GreggsSVT

Established Member
Why buy 2011 when you can basically buy a 10 which is what a 2009 KR is at a much better price. They went to an aluminum block not good look what happened to the older cobras. They went back to iron. I think ford is just trying to find a way to make a great car a little better. IMO why change something that works.

32V SVT

Established Member
I like that the Glass roof option is being offered on the 2011 for those who can take advantage of "California" weather year round. :coolman:

frydguy79

Established Member
:coolman:

Well seeing as how the cars are not even in production yet and you already have several allocations, in a few months a couple hundred over invoice will be a breeze. Every dealer in my area has at least one 2010 and they will all sell for just over invoice or at invoice. Most will deal on the 2011. 2011 will be a long model year so lots of cars will be made and sitting on lots this comming winter.

By the way I have obtained a contract for a 2011 at invoice, dealer is still making what, almost 2k (dealer holdback) and it doesnt sit in the showroom for months costing them interest.

In my opinion Ford should offer the retail verification for GT-500s and then the good dealers would sell a ton and the jerks charging over MSRP would sit on their one allocation.

i bought some of the allocations from smaller dealers that know me and know i sell Shelby's, and would prefer to let another small dealer get a sale on a hard to get product than let a BIG ones
get all the good products

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
if there were any 2011 cars available for invoice i'd would personally buy everyone of them

Ford should punish every dealer for marking up cars. what a scam. these shelbys are big $$$$ anyway. and then in 2 years instead of loosing a few grand u loose 3 times as much.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Ford should punish every dealer for marking up cars. what a scam. these shelbys are big $$$$ anyway. and then in 2 years instead of loosing a few grand u loose 3 times as much.

Guys come on, it's not a scam its supply and demand:read:. If you think for a second that Ford isn't thrilled that these cars are pulling premiums, you bumped your head. Even if "Ford" the company is not making the major profit, they benefit in the end as the money made is poured back into their pockets one way or another in the way of other inventory, dealer survivability, etc…
You can't kill a dealer for trying to make money on a car that's high in demand, that's what being in sales is all about. I can understand the frustration that some people feel that are on the cusp of being able to afford the car only to be denied by a big mark up, trust me I'm in the same boat, you can’t blame the dealer for a market that’s driven by the buyer. It's the impatient buyers that are willing to over pay for the product that drive the market. In a world were retail sales lives on a feast or famine market, you have to take advantage of things that enable you to cover losses in other areas. It's just the way it is in a free market. I’m not in sales, so I’m not just defending my own kind here, I just understand the basic concept of market driven sales. Everyone wants a good deal, whether it s on the selling side of the buying side, makes no difference. If you can sell something that you own for more than you paid for it, or more than it’s worth, of course you’re going to do it.
On that note, the past proves that if you can wait a few months after the first releases are bought up by the buyers with more money than brains, you’ll be able to find great deals on 2010/2011 GT500’s, even at invoice or just above. Not right away, but soon enough.

frydguy79

Established Member

ya think???
ford is making 20,000 on each gt 500 before they sell it to the dealer
and the dealer only gets 4-5 grand of possible profit,, on a gt500
on must other cars it is only 1800-3000 +- of possible income with trucks having more margin,,, does the company you work for or own make money on what ever it is that you do??

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Guys come on, it's not a scam its supply and demand:read:.

+1, let the guy ask $50,000 over MSRP, car dealerships are a business they will try to make as much profit as possible.

NOW, I will say I wouldn't recommend paying a penny over MSRP. There will be plenty to go around, shop around and be patient, I'm sure deals can be found well under MSRP.

Users who are viewing this thread