2011 GT finally hits the street!

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Per your own post...

How you feel entitled to weigh in on 'stock vs stock' comparisons with your experience I will never know. I see you posted several kills on stock LS1 cars (reason to chest beat? not really) and you smoked (by several car lengths from a roll) an 02 SS that had Longtubes (which would make your car a 115mph car considering an LS1 with LTs traps 112~113mph).

You are obviously a great driver... but you don't seem to have any stock experience at all (unless I missed it?).. how does your modified Mach 1 experience weigh in here?

I have NEVER claimed to be stock nor have I ever claimed to have raced stock LS1's..... Go back and read my kills. In fact I'm not sure I've EVER raced ANY stock car at any time.

And oh BTW- I have the same entitlement to way in on this argument as you do- nice try though.

And if you go back and read what I just posted you'll see that I said that I GOT SMOKED by an 02SS- not the other way around. Now- that VERY SAME 02 SS I had raced about 6 months earlier in my 03 Cobra. This happened on Oahu on the H3 at about 10pm on a Friday night. I absolutely destroyed that same 02 SS from a 60'ish roll. It wasn't even close. But when I raced him in the Mach he beat the hell out of me.

I switched from 315 Vedestrans to 285 Bridgestones right before I sold the car. Would you like the guys addy to confirm this? Be for real. Not 100% certain I had the 315's or the 285's for the last race. Maybe maybe not. It was well over a year ago.

Last edited:

Arctic '00

Established Member
Psst... he doesn't go back because he doesn't get love or sympathy there either. :burnout: Even fellow GM owners get raw nuts from all the licking after a while.

Which "fellow" GM owners are you talking about? Care to be specific? The only people i've had any dealings with on Tech are Ford guys, and even those guys have the upmost respect for me, just like I have for them. You couldn't pull up one thread in the past year where someone has shown me disrespect of any kind or called me out in anyway. And FWIW, i've been a moderator at SpeedDensity.org for 4 years and a sponsoring member of LS1.com since 1999when you were probably still playing with hot wheels. :poke: Trust me little one, I get plenty of love. :coolman:

Arctic=:-D
S8ER01Z=:bowdown:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Funny how such an upstanding member with the "upmost respect" registered onto a Ford forum 2 weeks ago and with all his posts being in the road kill section trolling.

Oh my, the LS1 is this, and the LSX is that, and my ZR1 is DA best!!!! :burn:

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
Assassinator you confused me with someone else. I never called the mod motor a truck motor. Remove your foot from your mouth.

And Fenixfire, That 700whp 5.4... Was it N/A? Could you find that for me please? Around here a 350whp N/A mod motor is an achievement. There are so many other things wrong with your post that I don't have the time to go into... It's pretty sad.

An achievement for 350whp N/A mod motor? LOL, hardly. All it takes for a mach to make 360 whp N/A is bolt ons and 96-98 cobra intake cams advanced 6 degrees with a tune. Thats it. Plenty of members have it. Those cams arent even that aggressive compared to what you could buy. For 360 whp though with zero lope(you wouldnt know if they were stock or not) its not bad.

And yes........700 whp N/A 5.4L......ill do a search and there was nothing wrong with my post, obviously.

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
An achievement for 350whp N/A mod motor? LOL, hardly. All it takes for a mach to make 360 whp N/A is bolt ons and 96-98 cobra intake cams advanced 6 degrees with a tune. Thats it. Plenty of members have it. Those cams arent even that aggressive compared to what you could buy. For 360 whp though with zero lope(you wouldnt know if they were stock or not) its not bad.

And yes........700 whp N/A 5.4L......ill do a search and there was nothing wrong with my post, obviously.

he doesnt know how much power any particular modular combination can make. bolt-ons, PSR intake and the right cams in an 03+ 4v = 380-400rwhp.

get a nazman intake. how could he know. he's quoting google or something. spewing out of his ass. etc etc etc.

YOU GUYS ALREADY KNOW THIS LIST, BUT THE CHEVY FANBOYS DONT...........

NevrEnuf (mach1registry) (424 SAE) 5.0L, Big Bore/Ported 03+ C head/Sullivan Intake/278 Comp Cams. see post 346, p.10 of this thread for details.

360NotchforUrLS1 (420/390) 5.0L, Ported 99/01 C head/Ported Intake/Crane Cams.

jzcobra96 (coolguy10786 from svtperformance.com) (410/378 SAE) 5.3L, Ported C Head/Ported Short Runner Intake/Competition Cams. see post #325, page 10 for details.

Shalom96 (410/337 SAE) 5.0L Stroker, Ported C(03) Heads/Ported Short Runner Intake/Houston Perf Cams.

Nazman (410/333 SAE) Owner Ported FR500 Heads/FR500 Cams/FR500 Intake. Stock Shortblock HP Champion.

01CobraSVT TICO (410/323.5 SAE) 5.0L BB/Ported 01 Heads/Hensler Spec Cams.

Dennis Sharp/DS97Cobra (420/330 STD*) 5.0L Ported FR500/FR500, Houston Perf Cams.

jcitroloc (JeromeMach1) (405/360 SAE) 5.0L BB/Ported 03 Mach C head/MP cams/Naz PSR Intake. see post 355, p.11 for details.

birdman941 (404/387 SAE) 5.4L, Ported 03 C Head/Boss 330 Spec Custom Cams/Aussie Boss Intake. See post 433 for details.

Mystic1/Ted S. (414/335 STD*) 5.0L, Ported 01 Heads/FR500 Intake/Mod Perf Regrinds.
9COBRA8 (400/327 SAE) 5.1L, Ported B Heads/Ported Intake/Comp Cams.

Last edited:

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
You shit on bolt-on LS1's with your 13.2? :lol1:

I love Mach 1's. They look bad ass, and will hold their own... I will agree.. You put a good driver behind one, and it WILL beat the LS1, since it is basically a drivers race. But to say that you "shit on bolt-on LS1's" is a pretty bold statement when you're still in the 13's.

The previous owner of my car went 12.8's. Mine is exhaust only.

Mod for mod, theyre pretty damn close to even.. I just think that saying "I shit on bolt-on LS1's" is a bold ****ing statement... You might edge one out.. But if you walk them.. Theres something wrong!

I agree with you. Ive never walked an LS1(pre supercharged mach days). I slowly put a couple cars on one, but never walked away from one N/A. My car never had more than an xpipe, catback and 4.10s when it was N/A.

assasinator

Established Member
Nazman (Stang32v) (537/403 SAE) 5.3L, Ported 03+ Heads/FR500 Intake/Big Cams/RG blend. See post #318 for details.

Randy Haywood (548/439 STD*) 5.4L, Ported '00R's/Cams/Sheetmetal Intake/Carb.

Mike T.@Modular Performance (507 SAE) 5.0L, Ported FR500/PSR/Cams/RG. 5.0L HP Champion

ALLMTR2V by BES Race Engines (501/364 SAE) 289ci 4.6, Ported C Head, FR500 Intake, Big Cams, RG. Pure Street Race Engine. 4.6L HP Champion. See post 486 for details.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joe Hutchins (475) 5.3L(SHM), Ported B head/Cams/Kinsler IR intake/RG. B Head HP Champion.

James Lasurdo (svtsnake.com) (470/380 SAE) VT 5.3L, Ported FR500 Heads/FR500 Intake/Cams.

Nazman (Stang32v) (459/376 SAE) 5.0L Big Bore, Owner Ported FR500's/FR500 Intake & Cams.

Modular Performance Built (456/334 SAE) .030 4.6, Ported 03+ C, FR500 Intake, MP Cams, RG. Pure Street Race Engine. See post 437 for details.

Shawn Johnson (454 STD) 5.0L, Ported C Heads/Mod Perf Cams/Custom Intake/Carbureted/RG. Pure Street Race Engine

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WMS (448 SAE) 5.3L, Ported C Head/FR500 Intake/Cams.

Paul S/PHP (430) 5.0L, Ported FR500/FR500 Intake/Cams/RG.

assasinator

Established Member
John T.@Modular Performance (615+ SAE) 5.4L Ported 05+ GT's (4valve)/Cams/Sullivan Intake/Carbureted/RG. N/A HP Champion. See post #317 for details.

Scott@VT Engines (600+/430 SAE) 3.7" Bore, Proprietary Stroke, Ported 05+ GT's (4valve) by Al/Cams/Sullivan Intake/Carbureted/RG.

Boss 330 (593 SAE) 5.4L, Ported 05+ GT's (4valve) by Al/Cams/Carbureted/RG/Dry Sump.

assasinator

Established Member
most of those are street cars.

fanboys, behave like there are no powerful all motor modulars and stick your head back in the sand.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
And oh BTW- I have the same entitlement to way in on this argument as you do- nice try though.

Im confused... my car was stock when I ran (in fact it spent 8 years that way).. hell my car is a 10minute swap away from being stock again (airbox and paper filter is laying in the house). While people are comparing these cars stock to stock you are saying you have never been beaten by one with your modded Mach 1. :??: Am I wrong on this? Your real life comparisons are skewed when modded... unless you happen to have the exact same mods to make some kind of equal comparison every race you have had doesn't scale back to a stock vs stock enviroment. I just don't think your experiences weigh in on how a stock mach performs vs a stock LS1 car considering your mod list.

Arctic '00

Established Member
nice car. but really is that car your life? not picking on you, but ive noticed how much time you spend going back and forth. seriously, its just a car. ~3100lbs of CF,aluminum, steel, leather, and whatever else. bragging that you have a XXXhp car or that having such a car means anything is....well kinda childish. its a fast car. one of the fastest stock cars out there.

and it will get you onto the bottom of the top 50,000 out there. its not really special or important. its just a vette. its not a lambo, or ferrari, or maserati is it? 107k. kinda expansive for a chevy. it is just a chevy. a camaro engine with a supercharger.

if i spent 107k, i would get a good used exotic and have something to chime about. oh it might lose to a ls9, but who really cares? your ls9 will lose to a few thousand cars out there. lots of faster cars for a few thousand dollars at tracks everywhere. but a lambo? who cares if its the fastest. its cool. not a vette.

just saying. i do like your car. its just a vette though.chevrolet.

a Ford GT is another animal altogether. its slower than your car by a lot. but its an american exotic. it has a LeMans heritage. build a chaparral....now thats something special.

kinda get what i mean. a vette can never be an exotic worthy of a place as top dog. no matter how much power it has.

:lol1: Seriously guy, this posts is desperate and pathetic. I can't believe you actually took the time to write all this crap. Shows your level of envy towards me, makes me proud. :loser:

It's great that the LS1 parts were designed for all those things... Now if only the BLOCK was! It doesn't matter if the crank is good to 30,000hp... The engine is only as strong as the weakest link. The only way anyone really knows how strong the LS1 crank is, they put it into a stronger block.

It's sad that the only fault w/ the LS1 you can point out is the factory block. Like it's so damn difficult to go out and get an iron block. Seriously, how far are you going to go with this stock block thing?

It's pretty clear, GM's blocks in typical applications aren't as strong as those used in Ford modulars... That's pretty much it.

There you go again. Obsessive Compulsive I tell you.

gee a ls9 is really a truck engine.

The 2007 Cadillac Escalade has a 6.2 L Vortec 6200 (RPO L92) (≈376 cu in) engine. It is an all-aluminum design which, while still a pushrod engine, boasts variable valve timing, a first in a mass-produced non-overhead cam V8 engine.

just as much a truck engine as a GT supercar engine.

Your getting more ridiculous each post. I can't even take you seriously. :lol1:

Talk about your car being your penis extension... WOW! Raggin' on people for not having a GT just because you have a far less valuable and far more available ZR1.

The GT was more expensive than the ZR1, and the car will hold more value till the end of time. Even today, if you can find a GT for sale, it's likely to cost more than a new ZR1. In 20yrs, it won't be a contest and not just because the GT is more limited, but because of what the car is on the whole. There are few for sale and they start at about $135,000.00. Unlike most cars, modified versions are selling for even more.

It's great GM is selling the ZR1 for less, but don't count on that value growing like a GT over time. To see a car selling for nearly sticker price, 5yrs after new... That's saying something about how desirable they are. I could only find 3 for sale.

The ZR1 is an awesome car and better than most sports cars in any price range. That won't make it more valuable and GM knew it when they built it. Had they designed it like Ford did the GT, it would surely cost more than it does. Since it will have to compete with similar GM cars, the resale will suffer some.

Again, it's a great car, but it's no GT.

NEWSFLASH: Whenever I wan't to drive a Ford GT i'll just ask my brother for the keys to his '05. As a matter of fact I might go pull him from Stangnet for a quick minute to chime in on this thread and give you guys the real scoop of the Ford GT from an "ACTUAL OWNERS" perspective!!!

For the record I was actually going to buy a FGT way back in 2006 but decided not too since my big bro will gladly hand me the keys whenever possible. They are fascinating cars and I don't think anyone could ever know how much unless you've actually driven one. Case closed on that topic. NEXT!

See above... $150,000 seemed to refer to the GT pricing. They stickered around $140,000 to 145,000 new. People initially paid over 300K for them... That's a desirable car.

Actually "Black99Cobra" or whatever his name is was referring to the price of the ZR1. And FWIW, the first ZR1 car #0001 sold for 1,000,000 on Barret Jackson in 2008....to Jay Leno. I'd say that's a pretty desirable car too. :beer:

Barrett-Jackson: First 2009 Corvette ZR1 Sells at Auction for $1,000,000

Even if I paid 107k out the door like our arctic friend did for a zr1 I would still rather buy a c6 ls3 and spend the dough I saved on modding it to be better than a zr1 and still save some cash........plus I wouldnt have that guady plastic window on the hood showing the guady plastic engine cover....

Ofcourse that would be a better route for some, but you have to realize, money isn't the object for everybody. Like it or not that's just how it is. I wasn't looking for the best value when I bought this car, I was looking for the best production Corvette GM had to offer. And when they build one better than this i'll buy that one too even it costs twice as much! :)

Hell I'd rather have a Super Snake for that price, at least it'll turn some heads.

Because obviously no one notices my ZR1. Nope, not one compliment yet. :lol1:

^ It all depends on your income. I personately wouldn't pay anywhere near 100k for a super snake, specially if I can have the ZR1 for a little more, because if you cant turn heads in a ZR1 then you wont turn heads in a super snake, sorry.

What's a "SuperSnake" again :??:

Last edited:

F8L BYT

Established Member
Per your own post...

How you feel entitled to weigh in on 'stock vs stock' comparisons with your experience I will never know. I see you posted several kills on stock LS1 cars (reason to chest beat? not really) and you smoked (by several car lengths from a roll) an 02 SS that had Longtubes (which would make your car a 115mph car considering an LS1 with LTs traps 112~113mph).

:lol::lol::lol: You are high off your rocker if you think a ls1 car is going to be trapping 113 with lt's. I have many friends that have f-bodies and they all range in what they have done to them and one of them has longtubes, huge cam, and all other bolt ons and traps 117-118. Another with lts and full exhaust trapped 110\

They are not a 113mph car plain and simple

assasinator

Established Member
:lol1: Seriously guy, this posts is desperate and pathetic. I can't believe you actually took the time to write all this crap. Shows your level of envy towards me, makes me proud. :loser:

It's sad that the only fault w/ the LS1 you can point out is the factory block. Like it's so damn difficult to go out and get an iron block. Seriously, how far are you going to go with this stock block thing?

There you go again. Obsessive Compulsive I tell you.

Your getting more ridiculous each post. I can't even take you seriously. :lol1:

NEWSFLASH: Whenever I wan't to drive a Ford GT i'll just ask my brother for the keys to his '05. As a matter of fact I might go pull him from Stangnet for a quick minute to chime in on this thread and give you guys the real scoop of the Ford GT from an "ACTUAL OWNERS" perspective!!!

For the record I was actually going to buy a FGT way back in 2006 but decided not too since my big bro will gladly hand me the keys whenever possible. They are fascinating cars and I don't think anyone could ever know how much unless you've actually driven one. Case closed on that topic. NEXT!

Actually "Black99Cobra" or whatever his name is was referring to the price of the ZR1. And FWIW, the first ZR1 car #0001 sold for 1,000,000 on Barret Jackson in 2008....to Jay Leno. I'd say that's a pretty desirable car too. :beer:

Barrett-Jackson: First 2009 Corvette ZR1 Sells at Auction for $1,000,000

Ofcourse that would be a better route for some, but you have to realize, money isn't the object for everybody. Like it or not that's just how it is. I wasn't looking for the best value when I bought this car, I was looking for the best production Corvette GM had to offer. And when they build one better than this i'll buy that one too even it costs twice as much! :)

Because obviously no one notices my ZR1. Nope, not one compliment yet. :lol1:

What's a "SuperSnake" again :??:

not one compliment? i said your car looks good. is it noteworthy beyond that? not really.
you are rediculous. envy a plastic pig? you really think that? funny. dont you think i could have gotten one instead of a 2011gt.

a used vette? i mean if i envied vette owners, id be one. 33k will buy me a decent used vette. id rather walk.

now a 2007-2010 CTS-v. id like to own that, and in fact i will. for its segment, the CTS-V is the best all around luxury car IMO. My sis has a Jag XF premium. nice car, but id rather have the CTS-v. vette? no way man. dont like anything about them, or their arrogant owners for the most part. a few vette guys are regular. most are richy riches wanting to make up for a small dick or impotence in bed. JMO.

Last edited:

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Which "fellow" GM owners are you talking about? Care to be specific? The only people i've had any dealings with on Tech are Ford guys, and even those guys have the upmost respect for me, just like I have for them. You couldn't pull up one thread in the past year where someone has shown me disrespect of any kind or called me out in anyway. And FWIW, i've been a moderator at SpeedDensity.org for 4 years and a sponsoring member of LS1.com since 1999when you were probably still playing with hot wheels. :poke: Trust me little one, I get plenty of love. :coolman:

Arctic=:-D
S8ER01Z=:bowdown:

LS1TECH - View Single Post - Got beat by a 94-98 Cobra(Want to know what you guys think he had done to it)
:shrug:

I'm sure I could spend all day digging and come up with others. Despite what you drive you are not jesus man...

I'm not going to drink your kool-aid.

Last edited:

S8ER01Z

Established Member
:lol::lol::lol: You are high off your rocker if you think a ls1 car is going to be trapping 113 with lt's. I have many friends that have f-bodies and they all range in what they have done to them and one of them has longtubes, huge cam, and all other bolt ons and traps 117-118. Another with lts and full exhaust trapped 110\

They are not a 113mph car plain and simple

I trapped 108.59mph bone stock, I currently trap 109.33mph with a lid.. you are saying long tubes will get me .7 mph? LOL

Last edited:

9secondko

9secondko
Established Member
The whole idea of the ZR1 was to see what kind of Corvette they could build for $100k. It's a Z06 with 25k extra in suspension, brakes, aero, and a blower. It's not supposed to be a 1 off car with only a few thousand produced. It's not what they were going for and they never intended it. If people want to compare them to more expensive cars they can have at it.

Actually the whole car is different. even the engine is different. the entire frame was built from scratch to be a lightweight composite, etc.

the ZR1 is Chevy's GT.

Ford just happened to make a better car. no biggie.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Last edited:

Todd03Blown

Established Member
I can't believe you actually took the time to write all this crap. Shows your level of envy towards me, makes me proud. :loser:
I can't believe you actually took the time to register on this site to post the drivel that falls out of your mouth.

Users who are viewing this thread