2011 GT finally hits the street!

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
11.65 @ 118 with bolt ons.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B4aWSx_LY8&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Evolution Performance 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 at NMRA Atco[/nomedia]

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
There is still time for you to get your deposit back and spend $10k less on a nice used low mileage C5Z :-D

your interior os too small for me. i have a knee injury and the vette footwell kills me. besides it only has two seats.

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
Show me one with drop in filter, clutch, off road X pipe tune , cat back and tires running 11.65 and jerking the front tires off the ground.:bored:

ha wait i can't lol... i was being a smartass man the whole ls1 bs is getting old better off to compare it to a c5z

TVSCobra

Established Member
Motorweek clock it at 116 in the quater mile and Motortrend went 112. Not sure about the axle ratio between the two.

assasinator

Established Member
Their description talks about full exhaust setups for sale and what not. I didn't see a mod list for the car so we are just guessing. The reason you don't see more bolt on LS1 F-bodies in the 11's is the weak stock rear end. In order to hit that kind of ET on the relatively low trap they have to leave pretty hard. The 10 bolt is only good for 1.7's-1.8 while staying safe. Lots of people go 1.6's but they start to break. A few people have gone 1.3-1.4 with a good bit of weight reduction but it only happens a handful of times. However, here is a link you can look through. Some of the cars closer to the bottom of the list are full weight 6 speeds.

When you say that, I can say let me know when a Heads/cam/stock bottom end 5.0 GT runs 9.70's (current LS1 record). We can go back and forth all day.

Once again, for you thick headed people, no one from the LSX crowd with half a brain thinks the new 5.0 GT is slower than an LS1 4th gen.

glad you added the weight reduction stuff. because while im going to reduce some weight, the 11 second 2011GT isnt weight reduced.

assasinator

Established Member
here is one of the LS1 cars with more mods than the Evolution 2011gt and less race weight.

Well finally broke into the 11's with stock internals agian only this time with full weight only removed front sway bar.

run 1 - [email protected] 1.62
run 2 - [email protected] 1.60
run 3 - [email protected] 1.59

this is in a 02 Ram Air T/A full interior and spare with baby seat in back

Mods: lid , slp headers,3.42's,hals up front,TP4400,and pcm programing

not bad for a 3500lb race weight. its still a lot lighter than the EVO car.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
When I had my cobra tuned on saturday, my tuner said he heard of the new 5.0's with simple exhaust boltons, cai, and tune, stickys hitting 11's, hence the proof in above postings

Last edited:

DayzofBliss00

Established Member
I readed the new gt 5.0 makes 412 hp,390 torque and on the dyno it put out 435hp and 404 torque. But that what I readed in motor trend.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
I readed the new gt 5.0 makes 412 hp,390 torque and on the dyno it put out 435hp and 404 torque. But that what I readed in motor trend.

The numbers MT reported wasn't to the ground- it was an est of crank hp based on DT loss. Manual front engine rear drive is usually around 15%.... that put's RWHP @ 370 give or take a couple.

*Side Note*
I usually don't do this but the past tense of read (pronounced reed) is read- (pronounced RED) "Readed" does not exist in the English language:beer:

So you READ this in MotorTrend? lol

Azrael

Úlfhéðnar
Established Member
I can't believe how excited I am about the 2011 Mustang GT, I am almost tempted to go check one out; but my wife would probably kill me...

Wait until they are woken up and the real good drivers start getting seat time and learning their little ways. Makes me excited that the horsepower wars are alive and well in the age of the Prius.

TVSCobra

Established Member
I can't believe how excited I am about the 2011 Mustang GT, I am almost tempted to go check one out; but my wife would probably kill me...

Wait until they are woken up and the real good drivers start getting seat time and learning their little ways. Makes me excited that the horsepower wars are alive and well in the age of the Prius.

I love the HP wars myself, not sure how long this will last though. If gasoline goes as high as it does in other countries and the government keep jacking up the CAFE requirment for auto makers, then things may change. Smoke em if you got em.:rockon::beer:

itSSlow98

Established Member
Last edited:

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
Motorweek clock it at 116 in the quater mile and Motortrend went 112. Not sure about the axle ratio between the two.

i oked at the motortrend article they ran a 13.00 at 116, and there is no way that is right, first off we all know the car is fast but not 116 fast stock from ford, second off if they were even able to get the car to run 116 there is no ****ing way they only ran a 13.

if they tested teh car at 75-80 where they normally do that track has had issues with their timing setup so I believe the 13 second run just no the mph, maybe they meant to type 106

in the gt500 they only ran a 12.9 at 112 so obviously something doesn't compute right

Last edited:

FICannon

Semper Fidelis
Established Member
geez anybody who thinks this is going to be the norm for here on out is out of there mind... this is the same car that stock for stock is comparable to a stock terminator and we are trying to say it is in stock ls1 territory lol right.... ha c5z is old news

C5z old news? Yeah OK, is a cam(s) only 2011 GT running mid to high tens?.. I think not.. Maybe mid to low 11's when bigger cams are offered. I'm a ford guy and have owned many Old 5.0s, Cobra's, Lightning's and in no way do any of the ford cars I've owned compare to the performance my Zo6 has, even stock. AND I've owned a 04 cobra(for you guys who're going to tell me a C5z and a 03-04 Cobra is par in performance. Now, LS1 T/A, Camaro's should be cake for a new 5.0 to destroy.

Not trying to swing of GM's nuts but give respect where it's due.:rockon:

Last edited:

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
i oked at the motortrend article they ran a 13.00 at 116, and there is no way that is right, first off we all know the car is fast but not 116 fast stock from ford, second off if they were even able to get the car to run 116 there is no ****ing way they only ran a 13.

if they tested teh car at 75-80 where they normally do that track has had issues with their timing setup so I believe the 13 second run just no the mph, maybe they meant to type 106

in the gt500 they only ran a 12.9 at 112 so obviously something doesn't compute right

I agree,but they ran even worse then 12.9@112 with stock gt500's. I've seen 12.8@116 12.8@119 or 12.9@118 esp in the gt500kr, with traps of 112-120 in stock 07-11 gt500's which only proves the gt500 is agood 11 sec car stock with traction, and the trap speeds of 108-113 in stock 03-04 cobras and 2011 gt's prove mid to high 12's stock with traction, and whats the best a ls1 stock traps the slowest of them cars what 107-109mph or much lower, a stock ls1 is more = stock to a 2010 gt or the 2003-2004 mach 1's, esp since on average all 3 cars are in the mid to low 13's. esp when the new 2011 gt is more = to the new ls3 2010 camaro not a ls1 camaro.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread