2011 GT Twin Turbo Results

Doug1227

Established Member
Quick question... I assumed, based on recent magazine articles, that the hotside was jethot coated. Looking at slamd and BUCKET's pics, it doesn't appear to be a standard offering. Optional upcharge?

2011redcandy

Established Member
You'd be looking at a new short block too. Ask the TT50 guys how they blew their stock short block, it was under 10psi with twins if I recall correctly.

The OP is at about the safe "reliable" stock short block limit, most vendors will agree.

They were pushing theres @13psi over 800rwhp going for 9s on the full weight 4000Lb car when it gave. It was the oil pump gears that gave out, no issues with the bottom end components. Everyone knows the oil gears are the weak point.

That being said, we put TSS billet gears in mine because I wanted the insurance. I have not had any problems pushing 720rwhp at 7500 rpm.

SVTMang

Established Member
More than likely gonna be seeing you guys next year. May go ahead and do billet oil pump gears and clutch this year.

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
They were pushing theres @13psi over 800rwhp going for 9s on the full weight 4000Lb car when it gave. It was the oil pump gears that gave out, no issues with the bottom end components. Everyone knows the oil gears are the weak point.

That being said, we put TSS billet gears in mine because I wanted the insurance. I have not had any problems pushing 720rwhp at 7500 rpm.

So a boosted stock motor with solid tune and upgraded oil pump gears is totally safe at 650whp? That's the power I'd like to be at with my DD...

stang8psi

Established Member
maybe, maybe not! No one can predict or say that it will last or not! it's the nature of the game. Some cars have been popping #8's and other pistons here lately after putting blowers on!

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
I love how people are looking for someone on the Internet to comfort them in making these numbers on stock motors. That's like me telling you that you should be ok with a blood pressure of 170/105. And then the next guy who reads me says that blows off the fact he has a blood pressure of 160/95 and then is flabbergasted when he ends up with complications related to hypertension.

You could blow up at 580whp. And you could be fine at 700whp. There are lots of extenuating factors that can cause unforseeable results.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
BBR puts in work ! Chris knows his stuff. Those are VERY nice numbers for less than 6 pounds of boost. Very usable power for the street or track.

Great thing about turbo's.....a turn of the boost controller will turn the wick up very quickly.

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
I love how people are looking for someone on the Internet to comfort them in making these numbers on stock motors. That's like me telling you that you should be ok with a blood pressure of 170/105. And then the next guy who reads me says that blows off the fact he has a blood pressure of 160/95 and then is flabbergasted when he ends up with complications related to hypertension.

You could blow up at 580whp. And you could be fine at 700whp. There are lots of extenuating factors that can cause unforseeable results.

Not just anyone on the internet...It's people with proven experience with these motors and power levels...i.e. BBR and other reputable shops...:thumbsup:

SVTMang

Established Member
Not just anyone on the internet...It's people with proven experience with these motors and power levels...i.e. BBR and other reputable shops...:thumbsup:

Yup! It seems people with dyno tunes from them and upgraded oil pump gears aren't having a bit of issue around 600-650 unless they hurt their motor before the turbo kit.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread