2011 gt vs 2010 camero ss

mebetter

Established Member
suck my mother****ing dick bitch.

Are you sure a 2010 Camaro SS will run a 12.9-13.0 quarter mile stock? I saw one last weekend at the track that ran a 14.0 it probably needed a better driver but a whole second off? Not so sure about this one.

I've seen a stock Camaro ss run a 12.97 in good weather.

That camaro looked like it was sucking the mustang up pretty hard until the driver either missed a gear or backed out.

Zentenk

Established Member
Are you sure a 2010 Camaro SS will run a 12.9-13.0 quarter mile stock? I saw one last weekend at the track that ran a 14.0 it probably needed a better driver but a whole second off? Not so sure about this one.

Driver possibly, I was a second+ off my first time down the 1/4 and got faster every time.

Camaro looks way better and is faster but I would rather take a G8 GXP and walk mustangs in a 4 door ALL DAY!!

5 ltr. beater

....in spacers we trust
Established Member

yeah, motortrend i think was able to get both the 5.0 and the SS down to a 12.9 at around 109-110. not bad for almost a 4000lbs car.

blacksrt

Established Member
as mentioned already mention, the camaro was coming by the mustang....

Blue Blitz

Established Member
They are pretty loud stock. Autos are QUIET, having more "muffler/resonators."

As for them being "dogs" stock, mine did [email protected] at a DA of 1400ft! Still needed a little work getting that car out of the hole (not easy on factory tires and 4000lbs with me in it).

It's a driver's race no matter how bad people don't want to believe it. Results like this one will continue to be seen. With a little more road that SS was just going to pull on by the GT. Dont get me wrong, I like the new GT. I'm glad Ford finally made the GT have some nuts.

As for what the SS's can do stock, there have been stock ones in the mid 12s (12.56 I think is the best I've seen). Stars have to align right and conditions had to be perfect. It seems like the best "avg" time for a decent driver is 12.9-13.0 with avg conditions.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
They are pretty loud stock. Autos are QUIET, having more "muffler/resonators."

As for them being "dogs" stock, mine did [email protected] at a DA of 1400ft! Still needed a little work getting that car out of the hole (not easy on factory tires and 4000lbs with me in it).

It's a driver's race no matter how bad people don't want to believe it. Results like this one will continue to be seen. With a little more road that SS was just going to pull on by the GT. Dont get me wrong, I like the new GT. I'm glad Ford finally made the GT have some nuts.

As for what the SS's can do stock, there have been stock ones in the mid 12s (12.56 I think is the best I've seen). Stars have to align right and conditions had to be perfect. It seems like the best "avg" time for a decent driver is 12.9-13.0 with avg conditions.

At the 1320 perhaps a drivers race. Both drivers being equal, the 5.0 will win it everytime. It will be worse from a roll.

Zentenk

Established Member
lol my comment was removed, all I said was the mustang won because he had an instructor with him. =D

Also second viewing the CAMARO WON!! He shuts down when he pulled the nose on you. It looks even but the camera is tricky like that.

Blue Blitz

Established Member
At the 1320 perhaps a drivers race. Both drivers being equal, the 5.0 will win it everytime. It will be worse from a roll.

If you say so, video even here says otherwise. SS was pulling past. Only going to get worse. I dont see how anyone can even say something so bold as "drivers equal everytime the 5.0 will win." There aren't even enough stock times from the 5.0s i've seen to make that assumption. From a roll I see it being worse for the 5.0. It's advantage is the 200lbs it saves on the heavy SS (3650ish isn't light weight either) matters less once the car is moving.

Time will tell but I've said it's a driver's race all along, neither having much advantage over the other and this video proves it. If anything the SS has the edge on the big end.

NoSVT's4me

Established Member
Looked VERY close. That sounds normal to me, considering the cars are so equally matched and the Mustang had a passenger(who could stand a good amount of SHUT UP, BOY!, if I dare say so myself). Remove the passenger and in all likelihood, we'd be left with no doubt. However, that video simply hasn't got the proper vantage point to tell the end result. Up top, the Camaro would win, both being stock. Rev limiter kicks in at 149 with the GT and 155(I think) in the Camaro.

It's ALREADY time for the Mustang to have a mount for a camera installed... If you're gonna make a habit of street racing. Excited or not, your friend sounds annoying. Next time, tell him... ZIP IT! :thumbsup:

20aeman

Established Member

Wrong. The faster you go, the more the LS3 will shine, the less curb weight will have a bearing on the race, and the better suited the longer gears on the SS will be.

The Mustang has a lighter curb weight, is geared higher, and has a live axle. And even with those advantages, it's still a driver's race from a dig.

The cards will be stacked against it from a roll, and it will inevitably lose.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Well I'm a Ford Guy till the end but I would not have posted that footage. The passenger needs to stop slow swallowing you during the race and focus on the cars. Most of the race he had his finger in front of the camera. He called out the start mark and you left first. During second gear and third the CAMARO came back in the picture and did nose you out before you shut down. You only used 3 gears and was not at the top of 3rd so it wasn't a quarter. Another 300 feet and you would probably been looking at the back of that CAMARO at the rate he was coming by. He did lift because of traffic but your little holeshot only held him off for maybe an 1/8 or so. In my opinion from the video you were about to let a so called bitch (by you not me) get up in your ass side ways.

Clean93GT

Established Member
Dang, yall are giving this guy hell..lol.

To the OP, if I was you, I would find the guy and race again. Start from the beginning..mods, greas, etc... This thread won't end until you get a CLEAN run with the CAMARO..

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
Wrong. The faster you go, the more the LS3 will shine, the less curb weight will have a bearing on the race, and the better suited the longer gears on the SS will be.

The Mustang has a lighter curb weight, is geared higher, and has a live axle. And even with those advantages, it's still a driver's race from a dig.

The cards will be stacked against it from a roll, and it will inevitably lose.

Nope its the Mustang's race.

1.Less weight
2. Better HP per pound
3.Similar HP to the ground
4. Better gears for quarter mile
5. The stang willl be ahead by the time it hits its speed limiter
6.Similar drivers the mustang wins.

2013Boss302

Established Member
damn guys i never came in here bragging and i do apologize for the loud passanger. next time ill make sure to film better so you can all get your panties out of a bunch! and i was ahead when he let off therefore i won. not a big deal

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
+1 about the passenger, leave him home next time. But...for a 5.0 (less power) vs. a 6.2 liter, i think it was a good race for the GT. I know how the LS's shine up top but since the modular 5.0 is new, i want to see a top end race to see if it can shine too.

Users who are viewing this thread