2011 GT vs 2012 Gt vs 2003 Cobra

kyoshosp2

Established Member
These threads are stupid!!! I have had both cars ... Stock for stock it's close .. If u get the right tune and off road X on a new 5.0 mine was going 118-119mph with 3:55 gears in the 1/4 .. That takes a pulley and few other mods on My 04 cobra ... Looks is purely opinion .. But boost for boost u can't beat a new 5.0 mine on 7#s was cresting 580rwhp 7#s on a cobra is close to 400rwhp ... It is pure and simple you will defend what you like and drive ... They are both nice cars .

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
I don't see all the hype about the new 5.0s. I got one and its no beast, just kinda quick. I'm a little disappointed in it really.

Everyone talked em up like it would run 10's stock! Lol

The one thing that makes people all wet is that it only takes a little boost to make power. That's no secret people! COMPRESSION! It's been around for years. People are building cobra motors now with 11:1 and then slapping their blower back on. That idea was stupid 10 years ago! It's always been a golden rule to most people. Low compression and high boost. Nope! High compression and low boost is better.

Last edited:

1992sc50

What, its just a 5oh!
Established Member
I don't see all the hype about the new 5.0s. I got one and its no beast, just kinda quick. I'm a little disappointed in it really.

Everyone talked em up like it would run 10's stock! Lol

The one thing that makes people all wet is that it only takes a little boost to make power. That's no secret people! COMPRESSION! It's been around for years. People are building cobra motors now with 11:1 and then slapping their blower back on. That idea was stupid 10 years ago! It's always been a golden rule to most people. Low compression and high boost. Nope! High compression and low boost is better.

Yep, 8.5:1 was the general rule, not anymore.

perry2k12

Established Member
LOL @ the trolls who think their SC 4.6 is beast. Hell i shut a few up when i was stock lol. Nice post and vid OP. :beer:

You seem pretty confident lol.

These threads are stupid!!! I have had both cars ... Stock for stock it's close .. If u get the right tune and off road X on a new 5.0 mine was going 118-119mph with 3:55 gears in the 1/4 .. That takes a pulley and few other mods on My 04 cobra ... Looks is purely opinion .. But boost for boost u can't beat a new 5.0 mine on 7#s was cresting 580rwhp 7#s on a cobra is close to 400rwhp ... It is pure and simple you will defend what you like and drive ... They are both nice cars .

That's all fine and dandy. But how would the 5.0 handle 750-800 rwhp and for how long? My beast of a SC 4.6 :)bored:) wouldn't have a problem with it.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
5.0's are fast but they aint that fast
i beat a 2012 5.0 tuned,302 boss intake,headers,373 gears,and intake in my 4800lbs eaton blower truck :)

Because Stock Eaton trucks run 11's all day right! I've owned Multiple L's Vortec/Powerdyne Gen1's and 6#+75 shot/KB Gen 2's. The guy you raced either had a budget tune or couldn't drive.

Users who are viewing this thread