2011 GT500 on the dyno with stage 1

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
No tuning was done.
Stock it put down 493
Nobody can tune them yet, totally new strategy.
Do not expect anybody soon beside ford to be able to tune the 2011's at least safely.There is 6 times the fuel and spark maps in the 2011 ver the 2010,
The aftermarket can not pull the tune yet on these cars.
The aftermarket will have a huge learning curve tuning these cars(if and when they can crack the software)
20 rwhp gain for a bolt on with no tuning IMO is pretty good.(specially because they cant be tuned at this point)

You are fooling yourself if you think the tuners won't have anything available soon. Most of the good tuners out there have contacts within Ford and will not have a problem "cracking" the software!

My problem with the vid is that they should have shown a before/after dyno run or sheet.

10random

SVT Lurker
Established Member
Isn't 15 percent rather forgiving for the 6 speed manual transmission? I would think 12 percent is more inline with this setup and that would come out to 560hp. But hey it's all guess work from the keyboard :)

GTRdone

Established Member
I honestly could not even make it past the 1:00 minute mark.

Hey Carl Tasca, Jr.: If you spend this much money on your videos/products/customer perception.... why didn't you pay a videographer to EDIT YOUR VIDEO?

Honestly, that has to be one of the most amateur-looking youtube films I've ever seen. And the fact that this "kid" has a reputation from his family behind him... I guess I assumed too much to think that he would actually know what he is doing. I mean, Motor Trend/Car & Driver have better production value when it comes to editing.... and they are HORRIBLE!

sorry, rant over. :beer:

James Rodriguez, you cannot be serious... this video is laughable at best. Let me get this straight: He's wearing a decent suit; yet he can't figure out to pay a tech guy a few hundred bucks to make his video of an even decent caliber... the whole video is a joke. Anyone who knows anything about PR/Communications AND Car Enthusiasm knows that this video is worse than a 80s promo.

Last edited:

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Why would you pay someone a few hundred dollars to make a video that just showcases a part? I think the video was well done. A lot of tech and explanation, with history thrown in. Carl Jr. was over dressed I think, but at least he did look professional as to be more appealing to a different crowd. People that are familiar about Tasca Automotive group have been around for a while (not calling you guys old, but it's safe to assume that you are part of an older crowd, not bad) and they can appreciate how he conducted and presented himself.

breoland

Established Member
I really dont think that was an ad for a part but more of a video on whats going on at tasca. id assume if they were going to do the next set of mods, they would show what they would use

I think its great that you can bolt on a throttle body and not have to worry about paying 400 plus for a tune

BigDan

Established Member
First off I don't consider anyone 30 years old a kid.

I think he did a great job in the 07-10 TVS upgrade video. Have you haters ever steeped in front of the camera and given a demonstration and explanation. Its really hard not to look like a moron.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBHJU4iux3k"]YouTube- Tasca TVS Upgrade Kit (2007-10 Shelby GT500)[/nomedia]

Great videos and keep them coming but you need include baselines dyno's for more accurate infomercial.

lawdude

Established Member
Why would you need new plugs for and L&M TB and baffle remover kit?

And I agree, he's watched too many car dealer videos. It was about 3 minutes too long. And yes, I've stepped in front of the camera to make my own TV commercials. I shelled out money for camera, lights, and teleprompter. I admit that I wore a suit, but I wear a suit when I'm doing what I do for a living.

Last edited:

rdsnk46

Established Member
No tuning was done.
Stock it put down 493
Do not expect anybody soon beside ford to be able to tune the 2011's at least safely.There is 6 times the fuel and spark maps in the 2011 ver the 2010,
The aftermarket will have a huge learning curve tuning these cars(if and when they can crack the software)
20 rwhp gain for a bolt on with no tuning IMO is pretty good.(specially because they cant be tuned at this point)

The people that tune my car, write all the Ford stuff so I guess some people are in the "Know" and some aren't......

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
chuck, get the **** over yourself. with every one of those posts you make yourself look more and more like a douche.
emm, your not serious are you?! your telling me that shops are already tuning the 5.0l coyote, which is a completely new engine that is just now being released, but they can't tune the nearly unchanged s'charged 5.4l in the '11 GT500?! sorry, but i don't buy that ford would put some fort knox system on the GT500 and do nothing with the 5.0l.

BTW, you weren't around when the GT500 was first released were you? remember that computer system that ford put in the '07 GT500s that had jelly in the OBDII port, had a memory so dealers could void the warranty when ever anything was plugged in, was GPS tracked by george w him self, controlled the electronic clutch on the supercharger pulley, which couldn't be changed because there wasn't clearance around the snout, also had the block that prevented a larger crank pulley from being bolted on, had rods that would break at stock HP levels...

...yea, we saw how many of those bullshit rumors were true:rollseyes

chuckstang

Established Member
If the car is putting down 493 at the wheels, then the car is making about 566 hp (493 X 1.15 = 566) at the crank. This is very impressive for a factory car. I am sure some will dyno more and some less, but it is a very good start on a brand new spanking car. A tune and a filter will no yield near the results from the 2007 to 2009 years because the car is almost tune to the max from the factory. However, it will be an impressive car now and will go down in ford history as one of the best ever.

That is the most ridiculous statement I have heard in quite some time

How the hell do you know the 2011 is already tuned to the max from the factory?

People thought that about the new 5.0 and boy were they wrong, your crazy if you don't think a good tune will yield big results.

The only reason the gains are not as big on 2010+ is because they already come with a CAI

chuckstang

Established Member
I think 513 rwhp w/o a tune is pretty sweet, but I suspect the number would be different if expressed in SAE on a different dyno. Stock 493 suggests 580 at the crank. Really?

Did not know there were major tuning differences with the 2011. I suppose that is going to throw a big ol' wrench in the gears as far as achieving really big numbers like the 07-10 models.

It should be no surprise the 2011 is underrated just like the 07-10

2010s put down 480rwhp which is more than 540 at the crank

My 07 put down 445rwhp stock which is more than 500 crank

Ford always underrates, always.

Well except for 1999 LOL

chuckstang

Established Member
chuck, get the **** over yourself. with every one of those posts you make yourself look more and more like a douche.

emm, your not serious are you?! your telling me that shops are already tuning the 5.0l coyote, which is a completely new engine that is just now being released, but they can't tune the nearly unchanged s'charged 5.4l in the '11 GT500?! sorry, but i don't buy that ford would put some fort knox system on the GT500 and do nothing with the 5.0l.

BTW, you weren't around when the GT500 was first released were you? remember that computer system that ford put in the '07 GT500s that had jelly in the OBDII port, had a memory so dealers could void the warranty when ever anything was plugged in, was GPS tracked by george w him self, controlled the electronic clutch on the supercharger pulley, which couldn't be changed because there wasn't clearance around the snout, also had the block that prevented a larger crank pulley from being bolted on, had rods that would break at stock HP levels...

...yea, we saw how many of those bullshit rumors were true:rollseyes

pm sent

Last edited:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
this just in: apparently i'm a tasca nutswinger, because i'm telling chuck he needs to grow the **** up. i don't care if they've ripped off all of new england(or whatever you were aluding to), your only making yourself look like a moron with your greater-than-thou posts.

but, hey, i'm only trying to help you out here. go ahead and keep making these ignorant posts, it's everyones perception of you we're talking about, not me. and, yes i know, you "don't care", but no one wants everyone to think they're a douche.

chuckstang

Established Member
this just in: apparently i'm a tasca nutswinger, because i'm telling chuck he needs to grow the **** up. i don't care if they've ripped off all of new england(or whatever you were aluding to), your only making yourself look like a moron with your greater-than-thou posts.

but, hey, i'm only trying to help you out here. go ahead and keep making these ignorant posts, it's everyones perception of you we're talking about, not me. and, yes i know, you "don't care", but no one wants everyone to think they're a douche.

Way to reply back in my PM you pussy.

Find a forum with cars more on your level you troll

Last edited:

Wldcobra

Established Member
Loose the kid in the suit. 513rwhp? I would expect more.

My 2010 stock with JLT air cleaner put down 525.78 SAE corrected rwhp.

What makes him think the throttle body and air cleaner is going to make a difference without a tune!

AutocrosserBob

Established Member
Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't Dyno Dynamics numbers usually low? Certainly lower then a Dynojet. I have seen this first hand myself with one of my cars. My turbo Miata made 211 on the DD and 226 on the DJ. Similar conditions. 1 week apart, same gas, not driven between. A friend of mine actually works at the DD shop and he says most people are crushed when they see the numbers because on most other dyno's they had seen significantly higher numbers. Just a thought....

Users who are viewing this thread