2011 GT500 on the dyno with stage 1

blackshelby

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lxxZn9eCaI"]YouTube- Brand New! 2011 Shelby GT500 with Tasca Stage 1 Kit[/nomedia]

GarageLogic

Established Member
I hate the terms "Stage 1", "Stage 2", etc. That stuff comes right over from the import scene. Why not just tell people what has been done to the car? It like people saying "it make xxxrwhp on "low boost". Why not just say how much boost you were making at the time.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
That was a lame vid! Did not show before and after, or if the 513 was with or without..?

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
I hate the terms "Stage 1", "Stage 2", etc. That stuff comes right over from the import scene. Why not just tell people what has been done to the car? It like people saying "it make xxxrwhp on "low boost". Why not just say how much boost you were making at the time.

Actually, the import scene borrowed it from the American performance scene. If you were around during the early 5.0 Mustang years you would likely recall all the staged performance packages from many vendors throughout the late 80's and into the 90's.

Taunto

Established Member
It shows you in the video what the used for the Stage one. Throttle Body, Plugs, and intake baffle. pretty good i think.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
If I owned a company I'd start with Stage 10

Hopefully this weekend someone with have an '11 at the track.

Last edited:

chuckstang

Established Member
513rwhp is terrible for those mods on a 2011

My car did 511 with a very long cool down with just jlt intake and evo tune

blackshelby

513rwhp is terrible for those mods on a 2011

My car did 511 with a very long cool down with just jlt intake and evo tune

No tuning was done.
Stock it put down 493
Nobody can tune them yet, totally new strategy.
Do not expect anybody soon beside ford to be able to tune the 2011's at least safely.There is 6 times the fuel and spark maps in the 2011 ver the 2010,
The aftermarket can not pull the tune yet on these cars.
The aftermarket will have a huge learning curve tuning these cars(if and when they can crack the software)
20 rwhp gain for a bolt on with no tuning IMO is pretty good.(specially because they cant be tuned at this point)

Last edited:

chuckstang

Established Member
Of course who wouldn't but this is not Carl Sr. were talking about here.

And its not like were talking brain surgery anyway.

Many members on here drive 10 sec GT500s, whats your point?

If I had a rich dad, I'd have a 10 sec car as well :poke:

Are you trying to impress me or anyone with your comment?

All it takes is money.

Can't buy everything with money though...

Last edited:

kent1

Established Member
No tuning was done.
Stock it put down 493
Nobody can tune them yet, totally new strategy.
Do not expect anybody soon beside ford to be able to tune the 2011's at least safely.There is 6 times the fuel and spark maps in the 2011 ver the 2010,
The aftermarket can not pull the tune yet on these cars.
The aftermarket will have a huge learning curve tuning these cars(if and when they can crack the software)
20 rwhp gain for a bolt on with no tuning IMO is pretty good.(specially because they cant be tuned at this point)

If the car is putting down 493 at the wheels, then the car is making about 566 hp (493 X 1.15 = 566) at the crank. This is very impressive for a factory car. I am sure some will dyno more and some less, but it is a very good start on a brand new spanking car. A tune and a filter will no yield near the results from the 2007 to 2009 years because the car is almost tune to the max from the factory. However, it will be an impressive car now and will go down in ford history as one of the best ever.

Last edited:

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
I think 513 rwhp w/o a tune is pretty sweet, but I suspect the number would be different if expressed in SAE on a different dyno. Stock 493 suggests 580 at the crank. Really?

Did not know there were major tuning differences with the 2011. I suppose that is going to throw a big ol' wrench in the gears as far as achieving really big numbers like the 07-10 models.

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
If the car is putting down 493 at the wheels, then the car is making about 566 hp (493 X 1.15 = 566) at the crank. This is very impressive for a factory car.

Actually you need to divide i.e 493/.85=580. Conversely, 580 x .85 = 493. Not merely impressive, rather incredible. And by that, I mean less than credible.

Users who are viewing this thread