2011 GT500 on the dyno with stage 1

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
eh, i have to.

damn chuck calm down, and although trappo does not have a gt500 i am sure he knows more than i do about my own car. the guy provides well when it comes to tech topics, now back on topic of the new car.

i am considering this option as my parking spot has a vacancy now, any information on modding this car is good to know. i am just not sure if it will be a 10 or an 11 yet.

91svtbird

Established Member
Our 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L 4V (5.0 Mustang and Super Fords Magazine Project Car) made 405 RWHP and 375 RWTQ with the addition of an Off-Road X-Pipe, Catback Exhaust System, K&N Drop In Filter, and a Custom Tune! That's a gain of 36 RWHP and 23 RWTQ! That's not bad but we're still working on some other changes in the tune...

So what is there custom tune? or are you saying there tune is jsut adding "global" timing?

Yes. a couple of degrees of timing across the board.....no specific area...

lawdude

Established Member
Maybe we need to rethink flash tuning. Get someone like Vishnu Tuning or BMS Tuning to take a look (they tune turbocharged BMWs with piggy back tunes that run rings around the flash tuners).

rdsnk46

Established Member
Who would that be? :pop:

Jerry W. and Jon L. and Dev from Ford

Jerry worked for Ford, taught Jon and Dev still works at Ford.

I get by with a little help from my friends.......

I dont claim to know much, I just drive better than most!

Last edited:

91svtbird

Established Member
Jerry W. and Jon L. and Dev from Ford

Jerry worked for Ford, taught Jon and Dev still works at Ford.

I get by with a little help from my friends.......

I dont claim to know much, I just drive better than most!

You are right about Dev still working for Ford but I highly doubt he would be involved with any tuning on your car.

Jerry and John do not write tunes or software for Ford in anyway. There is no way they have the Ford software in their possesion for the 2011 GT500 right now nor for the 5.0 Gt engine.
If you really knew Dev you would know what I'm saying is 100% correct.

Last edited:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
"emm, your not serious are you?! your telling me that shops are already tuning the 5.0l coyote, which is a completely new engine that is just now being released, but they can't tune the nearly unchanged s'charged 5.4l in the '11 GT500?! sorry, but i don't buy that ford would put some fort knox system on the GT500 and do nothing with the 5.0l."

FYI there are no shops that have "tuned" the 5.0tivct engine yet. Yes some have added a 100nitrous shot and some suspension mods with no tune, one shop even added a couple of degrees of "global" timing but no one out there has the ability or even a clue how to really tune it except Ford.

Fact is the information BlackShelby has given about the 2011GT500 is accurate. It is not a rumor. The 2011 does use different computer strategies than the 2010's do.
I'm sure eventually one of the "tuner manufactures" will figure it out but right now that is not the case.
Evolution Performance, Inc. | Facebook
- Evolution Performance, Inc. Custom Tuning Our 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L 4V On The Dyno.........

Evolution Performance, Inc. Our 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L 4V (5.0 Mustang and Super Fords Magazine Project Car) is getting strapped to the dyno as we speak..... How much power will it gain from the Off-Road X-Pipe, Catback Exhaust and a few minor tweaks t
- Evolution Performance, Inc. Our 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L 4V (5.0 Mustang and Super Fords Magazine Project Car) is getting strapped to the dyno as we speak..... How much power will it gain from the Off-Road X-Pipe, Catback Exhaust and a few minor tweaks to the Tune? Anyone that guesses the closest on the Rear Wheel Horsepower will receive a Free Evolution Performance, Inc. T-Shirt of their choice! Remember it made 369 RWHP and 352 RWTQ Stock!

Evolution Performance, Inc.'s Photos - Wall Photos | Facebook
- Evolution Performance, Inc. Our 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L 4V (5.0 Mustang and Super Fords Magazine Project Car) made 405 RWHP and 375 RWTQ with the addition of an Off-Road X-Pipe, Catback Exhaust System, K&N Drop In Filter, and a Custom Tune! That's a gain of 36 RWHP and 23 RWTQ! That's not bad but we're still working on some other changes in the tune to gain more horsepower and torque. We should have that worked out by the end of the week.... New Dyno Videos will be posted shortly!

Evolution Performance, Inc.'s Photos - Wall Photos | Facebook
- Evolution Performance, Inc. We highly recommend subscribing to 5.0 Mustang and Superfords Magazine! There will be a lot of information and photos that won't be released on the Internet in the upcoming issues regarding our Three 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L 4V Shop Cars including a Built 5.0L 4V Engine with Twin Turbos!
(it's safe to say that a built twin turbo coyote 5.0l will need a custom tune...)

Evolution Performance, Inc. Tomorrow Morning we will be Custom Tuning our 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L 4V On The Dyno! We're looking to Gain Some More Power through the Ti-VCT, then we will be adding a Cold Air Intake....... Anyone that guesses the clos
- Evolution Performance, Inc. Tomorrow Morning we will be Custom Tuning our 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L 4V On The Dyno! We're looking to Gain Some More Power through the Ti-VCT, then we will be adding a Cold Air Intake.......

Evolution Performance, Inc. We just made 414 RWHP and 385 RWTQ with Our 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L 4V! The Mods are the same as before...... | Facebook
(not sure if you have to be their "friend" to see it)
- Evolution Performance, Inc. We just made 414 RWHP and 385 RWTQ with Our 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L 4V! The Mods are the same as before......

- Kevin _______ so 9 more RWHP just from tuning? not bad

Graphs? Did you up the RPM limit?

- Evolution Performance, Inc. Nope, everything is the same!
so, basically, your calling evolution performance liers. don't say that your not, because you said your self "no shop has tuned a 5.0l".

i'm not saying that the 5.4l using a different tuning strategy is a rumor, i'm saying that this...
"Do not expect anybody soon beside ford to be able to tune the 2011's at least safely."
...is absolutely 100% ridiculous. i'll say it now; it will be without a doubt no longer than a few months(after release) before we see the first tuned '11 GT500s. and even that is a very conservative guess.
...although trappo does not have a gt500 i am sure he knows more than i do about my own car. the guy provides well when it comes to tech topics, now back on topic of the new car.
lol, thanks dude!!! i'm FAR from any sort of expert on these cars, i just try to learn as much as i can about them and help other people when i can.

Last edited:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Maybe we need to rethink flash tuning. Get someone like Vishnu Tuning or BMS Tuning to take a look (they tune turbocharged BMWs with piggy back tunes that run rings around the flash tuners).
Vishnu Tune - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
you can use them if you want, but i wouldn't on my $40k-$50k car...
i don't know anything about BMS, but, from the little bit of research of done on the euro aftermarket, euro products are generally underperforming and overpriced(the vishnu 135i tune is $1k).

IMO, the american car aftermarket needs to adopt the affordable user tuning systems, like what are available for DSMs, like thomas91169 said in another thread. it's just logical!

91svtbird

Established Member
"emm, your not serious are you?! your telling me that shops are already tuning the 5.0l coyote, which is a completely new engine that is just now being released, but they can't tune the nearly unchanged s'charged 5.4l in the '11 GT500?! sorry, but i don't buy that ford would put some fort knox system on the GT500 and do nothing with the 5.0l."

FYI there are no shops that have "tuned" the 5.0tivct engine yet. Yes some have added a 100nitrous shot and some suspension mods with no tune, one shop even added a couple of degrees of "global" timing but no one out there has the ability or even a clue how to really tune it except Ford.

Fact is the information BlackShelby has given about the 2011GT500 is accurate. It is not a rumor. The 2011 does use different computer strategies than the 2010's do.
I'm sure eventually one of the "tuner manufactures" will figure it out but right now that is not the case.

Trapp0....so, basically, your calling evolution performance liers. don't say that your not, because you said your self "no shop has tuned a 5.0l".

You said it not me . I stand by what I said in post #59 you can believe what you want.

Trapp0
Trapp0...i'm not saying that the 5.4l using a different tuning strategy is a rumor, i'm saying that this...
"Do not expect anybody soon beside ford to be able to tune the 2011's at least safely."
...is absolutely 100% ridiculous. i'll say it now; it will be without a doubt no longer than a few months(after release) before we see the first tuned '11 GT500s. and even that is a very conservative guess.

lol, thanks dude!!! i'm FAR from any sort of expert on these cars, i just try to learn as much as i can about them and help other people when i can.

You did say "rumor".....Read what I said again.....

"Fact is the information BlackShelby has given about the 2011GT500 is accurate. It is not a rumor. The 2011 does use different computer strategies than the 2010's do.
I'm sure eventually one of the "tuner manufactures" will figure it out but right now that is not the case."

Don't believe all the hype and claims made about the tuning capability's any shop may make about either of these engines right now especially the 5.0 ...

A word to the wise.....My advice to anyone who has one is don't trust any tune from anyone unless it comes directly from Ford. That is all I will say on this subject...

lawdude

Established Member
Vishnu Tune - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
you can use them if you want, but i wouldn't on my $40k-$50k car...
i don't know anything about BMS, but, from the little bit of research of done on the euro aftermarket, euro products are generally underperforming and overpriced(the vishnu 135i tune is $1k).

IMO, the american car aftermarket needs to adopt the affordable user tuning systems, like what are available for DSMs, like thomas91169 said in another thread. it's just logical!

I had a Vishnu Tuned 335i for three years. After the warranty was up, my unit started acting up. They replaced it free. Never had a hiccup after that.

I never lost a race to a GT500. Granted all were stock, but I was running a turbocharged 3 liter against supercharged 5.4 liter cars. Other than a drop in filter, the tune was my only mod. Current Vishnu tuned 335i's are in the mid to low 11s and well into the 120s. Oh, those bimmers are $50,000+ cars too.

Once you buy the hardware, all map updates are free. It reads from the canbus and the new autotuning feature automatically adjusts the tune on the fly.

Probably due to attitudes like yours, they'll probably never get into tuning GT500s. But if they did, I'd volunteer to be a beta tester.

Link:

Vishnu Performance Systems

GreggsSVT

Established Member
Who would that be? :pop:

I don't think its Lethal Performance. I bought a couple things for my 2010 and all they seem to do imo is just sell parts I wanted some info the other day and it sounded to me that the guy I was talking to could care less about my questions. I should have gone to Livernois to begin with.

rdsnk46

Established Member
You are right about Dev still working for Ford but I highly doubt he would be involved with any tuning on your car.

Jerry and John do not write tunes or software for Ford in anyway. There is no way they have the Ford software in their possesion for the 2011 GT500 right now nor for the 5.0 Gt engine.
If you really knew Dev you would know what I'm saying is 100% correct.

Jerry has in the past, no? I said Dev helped with the car not tuned it. Dev knows things about these cars that 99% of all others dont. I'm sure the 2011 will be wide open....

My car was displayed at the PRI show in Orlando, I was invited by Livernois and Ford Racing. I met Dev there, we also were @ Jerry's house for th TO party. He, Jon and Jerry are my friends besides the fact that they help me with my car.

Anyways, like I said. I'm just a driver and I'm half way decent.......the computer stuff I leave to those who live in the matrix!

Last edited:

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
Damn this thread is almost as bad as my joke of a local car forum. I'm 20 and own a GT500...what's age have to do with anything? It seems the video isn't of a Steven Spielberg production, but it's not below par either. He keeps a good business sense by taking the costumer step-by-step showing them exactly what they are getting from and with this purchase. He also showcases the 2011 GT500's new features to persuade us 07-10 owners to get one probably. I can comfortably say that I've seen alot worse and this is very professional and informative and gets it's point across. Stop hating the guy for his style because I'm sure most of us aren't Brad Pitt on here. Also it seems some are jealous that he is inheriting his family's fortune/legacy/etc. Quit bashing the guy and just view the products he's selling. if you want them buy them, if not then state why you don't want them. Don't go on about how this guy looks like a "guido" and etc. That's just childish. Just felt like I should input some of my .02 cents here.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Damn this thread is almost as bad as my joke of a local car forum. I'm 20 and own a GT500...what's age have to do with anything? It seems the video isn't of a Steven Spielberg production, but it's not below par either. He keeps a good business sense by taking the costumer step-by-step showing them exactly what they are getting from and with this purchase. He also showcases the 2011 GT500's new features to persuade us 07-10 owners to get one probably. I can comfortably say that I've seen alot worse and this is very professional and informative and gets it's point across. Stop hating the guy for his style because I'm sure most of us aren't Brad Pitt on here. Also it seems some are jealous that he is inheriting his family's fortune/legacy/etc. Quit bashing the guy and just view the products he's selling. if you want them buy them, if not then state why you don't want them. Don't go on about how this guy looks like a "guido" and etc. That's just childish. Just felt like I should input some of my .02 cents here.
100% agree with everything!!!

absolutely sick '500 too, BTW.

2011SVT

"Oderint Dum Metuant"
Established Member
You said it not me . I stand by what I said in post #59 you can believe what you want.

Trapp0

You did say "rumor".....Read what I said again.....

"Fact is the information BlackShelby has given about the 2011GT500 is accurate. It is not a rumor. The 2011 does use different computer strategies than the 2010's do.
I'm sure eventually one of the "tuner manufactures" will figure it out but right now that is not the case."

Don't believe all the hype and claims made about the tuning capability's any shop may make about either of these engines right now especially the 5.0 ...

A word to the wise.....My advice to anyone who has one is don't trust any tune from anyone unless it comes directly from Ford. That is all I will say on this subject...

I've been in touch with Justin at VMP because I'm anxious to get a tuner/pulley combo. He said they are, "Just waiting for SCT to update the firmware on the tuners so we can flash the 2011s". So there obviously is something to do before 'serious' tuning can commence on the GT500 (much less the 5.0 (?)).

Basically, as soon as he gives the 'go', I'll cut the order.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
LOL,

Many of you had a huge cup of the Hatorade before posting on this thread.
Jealousy must be a bitch!
You know who you are.....:poke:

Oh yeah, I forgot my point isn't valid either because I don't own a GT500. :rollseyes

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member

Perfectly stated ... I worked for the family for over 6yrs & I can honestly say Carl Jr. is one of the most respectful people I have ever met in the business. Still to the day I believe this.
The dyno is made by Dyno Dynamics so the #'s will be alot lower than your dynojets & so on. Don't forget alot of guys aren't going to jump on the " void your warranty " by swapping pulleys & blowers on a brand new $55,000 Shelby so this package along w/ a set of mufflers Imo is a great option..

Last edited:

srk1959

Established Member
Wow, I haven't been on the boards much lately. Been working on some of the local GT500's.

I can't believe how bad things have gotten with these boards. No one and I mean no one can post up anything that is good for the GT500 owners without being smashed.

I thought that since we pretty much all owned these cars that we would let people post up info. As long as it wasn't totally BS it was worth posting.

I will say that I don't post much anymore because of the bashing. I may not have a big name out there but some of the people's GT500's that I have helped and worked on did very well for their mods.

I never saw one thing that was posted or in the video that required some of the replies that are in this thread.

A lot of good info is lost to many new people that just bought bought their GT500's.

Maybe a bunch of GM owners invaded the boards and this is their strategy???

You do know they paid back their government loan???? With more government money!!!!

Lighten up people,their are new owners out there that don't need this BS!

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread