2011 GT500 Pulley & Tune upgrade 545RWHP/534RWTQ

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
A local guy brought his 2011 GT500 over with 1500 miles for a pulley swap and dynotune. I tuned the car first, to see how the 11s responded. We saw a nice gain of 36RWHP and 28RWTQ. Most 10s-11s will see 20-40RWHP gain from tuning, the gains aren't as large as the 07-09s. This is due to 10-11 having knock sensors which allows a more aggressive tune from the factory.

We swapped the pulley on later in the afternoon when it was getting warmer, we saw a 3-4psi increase throughout the curve and a peak TQ gain of 42RWTQ and a peak HP gain of 25RWHP. Had the conditions not gotten worse the peak HP gain would have been better. You can also see that the car is now starving for air up top, with a peak HP gain from the pulley swap of around 30-40RWHP in the 5000RPM range, it tappers off up top due to the need for a larger throttle body. We would get 10-20RWHP from a TB swap on this car.

Overall we saw a 61RWHP and 70RWTQ gain from a pulley swap and custom tune. I sell this 2010-2011 upgrade package on my website:
VMP Tuning - Buy Ford SCT & GM Custom Handheld Flash Tuners Performance Economy Towing: Pulley & Custom Tune Upgrade Package for 10-11 Shelby GT500

2011beforeandafterMAP.jpg

Stock look 2.59" pulley:
FSvmp259on2011.jpg

Larger 90mm replacement idler installed below IC tubes to take up slack and improve wrap.

The 2010-2011 fusebox has the IC relay and fuse built in, the rear most little relay is for the IC pump, you can install a jumper wire diagonal in it to run the IC pump while the car is on the dyno:
FS2011fuseboxjumper1.JPG

FS2011fuseboxjumper2.JPG

Since you are only making quick WOT hits on the dyno, the IC system really never has a chance to fully circulate and cool. Also since the car is not moving the only airflow is provided by a fan. Jumping the IC pump and sitting a fan in the front of the car helps to keep temps stabil and prevents major heat soak from run to run.

Last edited:

rw95gt

Yes, it's stock.
Established Member
Sweeeet! I know what I'm doing to my car this winter. Thanks for sharring. So with the 2.59 and your idler pulley you have no belt slip? Also can you re use your factory belt after the pulley swap?

nolyaw

Been there owned that
Established Member
This sounds about right to me. Not trying to start anything, but how can lethal claim 100 rwhp increase with the same mods? Is their tune really that much better? I jsut don't get the disparity. :rolleyes:

This is a great little package. 60hp/70ftlbs for under $700? count me in. Any deal on the puller if you buy it all at once?

I just paid cash for this bastard, so I am a little tapped. :cryying:

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
This sounds about right to me. Not trying to start anything, but how can lethal claim 100 rwhp increase with the same mods? Is their tune really that much better? I jsut don't get the disparity. :rolleyes:

This is a great little package. 60hp/70ftlbs for under $700? count me in. Any deal on the puller if you buy it all at once?

wheres the pic fo the new beast?

nolyaw

Been there owned that
Established Member
It says that I 'can't post attachments' for some reason. If I could, maybe I could figure out how to post some pics.

Ah, shit I aint got no 500. I gots me a '78 Gremlin. It be clean doh.

BigDan

Established Member
Great numbers guy's. Try and talk that customer into a Posi ported SC, plenum, and larger TB. I hear you guy's work together and I'd love to see what a 2011 is capable of with a ported SC and other bolt on's like lower puller and Torco or 100+ octane tune, all without upgrading to a TVS or TS. I know the 07-09 are good for 620ish with full bolt ons and ported SC. It would be nice to hit those number's with the stock 2011 exhaust instead of cat-less LT's .

SmirkNOS

It is what it is!
Established Member
BIGDAN, Just read my mind. Great point. I have an 09 and considering a Posi blower so I love to see a chart on the proted blower. Another thing. I have a JLT CAI. Would that be enough for a POSI blower and the new 2.59 pulley?

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Sweeeet! I know what I'm doing to my car this winter. Thanks for sharring. So with the 2.59 and your idler pulley you have no belt slip? Also can you re use your factory belt after the pulley swap?

No belt slip problems at all, I have been running GT500s like this for four years now.

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

If your car dynos lower than most, say 440rwhp, then you get to claim a bigger gain.

The end result however will be the same, you will end up in the 525-550rwhp range.

kent1

Established Member
Great numbers guy's. Try and talk that customer into a Posi ported SC, plenum, and larger TB. I hear you guy's work together and I'd love to see what a 2011 is capable of with a ported SC and other bolt on's like lower puller and Torco or 100+ octane tune, all without upgrading to a TVS or TS. I know the 07-09 are good for 620ish with full bolt ons and ported SC. It would be nice to hit those number's with the stock 2011 exhaust instead of cat-less LT's .

I am making about 630 hp with high flow cats and I don't have long tubes. See sig below. VMP installed the parts and custom tune except I installed the flow cats and SVT1 catback.

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
Nice numbers, looks to be about 10 rwhp higher than the previous years, I would guess due to the EPAS?

Last edited:

BigDan

Established Member
I am making about 630 hp with high flow cats and I don't have long tubes. See sig below. VMP installed the parts and custom tune except I installed the flow cats and SVT1 catback.

You are one of the member's I had in mind when I wrote my post. Nice numbers!

How are your cats holding up and do you think they'd pass a sniffer test? So did you get Lethal's catted X or did you just replace your cats with theirs and keep your factory X?

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
You are one of the member's I had in mind when I wrote my post. Nice numbers!

How are your cats holding up and do you think they'd pass a sniffer test? So did you get Lethal's catted X or did you just replace your cats with theirs and keep your factory X?

hey Dan its time for a.posi port an bigger tb an 2.59 pulley.

BigDan

Established Member
^ I know, I know..... :D Those are first mods on the list but i am hoping that Ford will soon offer a TSB for our 1-2 grind before I throw a pulley on it. My good friend today just said I could use his SCT for a while and I could get a custom AED dyno tune until he can get his 5.0L built up. I'd love the 2.59" pulley but i am wondering if its would be safer and easier to return to stock if I just went with a larger TB and dyno tune on top of my Airaid and SVT delete pipe kind like what Tasca Mod shop did in their first 2011 youtube video and got 520ish, or do you think i'd just be spending the $500 for the TB too early?

If I had one of those Tremec 6 speeds that never grinded a day in its life, then I'd be on the phone with AED ordering up a pulley and talking about a Posi port but mine likes to grind 1-2 40% of the time.

Last edited:

MongoCobra

Established Member
Justin- do you think the 67mm throttle body is enough or do you have to go bigger for this setup? Would be great to see the result after this mod is done!

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I'll answer several posts in one...

The power is what we're seeing from some of the 07-10s too, so while the EPAS and bigger exhaust is supposed to help, i'm not sure it makes more than 5-10rwhp difference. We'll have to get some better weather, see some cars break in, and get a better idea of the HP spread. There is as much as 20rwhp variance from car to car and 20rwhp from the weather, so its hard to base everything off one car.

The stock 60mm TB Is pretty well matched to the stock blower/stock pulley, it doesn't need much more air. I would do a pulley first, and then you start to need more air.

A 62, 65, 66, 67 tb would be fine for a mild stock blower car.

Users who are viewing this thread