2011+ GT500 vs Terminator

SlowSVT

Established Member
Seems to me that there is a major price difference between the 2. You could probably get a clean Terminator PLUS a beater for snowtime for less than a GT500. Then take the money saved and start modding the Terminator into a GT500 killer.

One reason I never upgraded is because my experiences with too much tech has always meant a less reliable car. The Terminator may not be as reliable as a similar year GT, but the less tech it has, the more reliable it is. Just my personal experience. Your mileage may vary.

Amen to that statement, that computer console, electric steering, black boxes, dynamic suspension control, linerless blocks, the mounds of software needed to run and all the other gizmos are real cool when new but will become a nightmare 10, 20 years down the road. I was at a friends body shop that had a brand new twin turbo BMW M6 out in the yard that had been keyed. The guys who work there hate BMW's and Mercedes with a passion and one of the mechanics motioned me over to it while he popped the hood!

:eek:

BMW%20M6%20engine%20compartment_zpsof2pioyt.gif

I was in a state of disbelief, if you broke a fan belt that requires a flatbed to the dealers and will probably cost $1500+ to replace. Need new plugs? The top of the engine needs to come off to get to them. As a result the value of that car drops like a rock and are usually auctioned off at trade-in time as they are too expensive to maintain as they get older (show me a 10 year old BMW and I'll show you an owner with a depleted bank account). Cars like this will never be restored and Bimmers are not known for their reliability anyhow which is why you won't see them in vintage cars shows. The Mustang and cars in general are headed in this direction :cryying:

The Terminator still has DNA left over from a 79 GT both cars will have the same level of aftermarket replacement parts just like the 64 - 70 Mustang. What good are replacement fenders for a 30 year old S550 when the ECU is fried or the block is wasted and unavailable.

Hold on to your 03/04 guys :coolman:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread