2011 GT500s still worthy?

TheManInBlack

Shelby Operator
Established Member
I have a ‘12 with recaros, nav, and it’s a PP car.. 35k miles and I’d probably ask $40k for it.. I’ve wondered if I could get that asking price for it.. if so, I’d probably sell it.. love the car but it’s a daily and our roads are terrible.. it’s slowly eating away at it.
Sesame Street Idk GIF

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Did you happen to sell it to a guy in Maryland?
No.
I sold it to a guy that used to live in N.J., but moved to SC.
I e-mailed his wife that it was up for sale & they drove up to get it.
We used to go to car shows together, he joked more than once that " some day he'd own that car "..

13shelbygt500

21' S550. Comfort and the newer cars will surprise you with how quick they can get with basic bolt on's. Slapping a blower on it, that thing will give a bolt on shelby a run for it's money if not gap them depending on the shelby's mods.

I love my old GT500 though, once you get into a shelby and see all the attention people give it, it makes you feel good to own one lol. Makes me love mine a bit more, even kids see the snakes and know what's up LOL.
I know what you mean when people see a "cobra" on the fenders and Shelby's do not look like the regular mustang, makes us feel good that our '13 Ford Shelby GT500 gets so many looks when we take it out. We used to have a '68 Pontiac GTO bought new that year and lost it to a theft (trashed) in 2007 and it never got the looks our Shelby does. I am 79 this year and do not feel my age and we love our Shelby. Would never part w/ it until I am unable to drive anymore.

prison90

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I would drive them both . The Gt500 is a blast to drive and a cooler car in the long one . If I like the GT500 I would find a better deal and buy one . If you enjoy the 2021 more buy that one . But most important is you drive them both before deciding . Pick the car that puts the biggest smile on your face

sweetlou1182

Established Member
GTs are all over but something to be Said having a Shelby but agreed 48 is a hint night.

FourSixPony

SLO GT
Established Member
Question, got financed through Ford, I was told my first payment would be June 6th.. I haven’t received my account number or any type of paper work in the mail yet.. how long does that normally take to receive? I only got 1 week left before my first payment is supposed to be due.

Users who are viewing this thread