2011 is stuttering and has rough idle

Hkaiser83

I am Captain Dynaball.
Established Member
My 2011 just started stuttering and idling rough. The first thing I did was clean out the air filter and MAF sensor. Since that I've reloaded the tune and put new gas in it. It has kooks longtubes, kooks catted x pipe, magnaflow catback, pulleys, intake, and throttle body.

Pretty good stutter and it idles like it has cams. Just reached 10,000 miles.

What should I check?

Van@RevanRacing

My 2011 just started stuttering and idling rough. The first thing I did was clean out the air filter and MAF sensor. Since that I've reloaded the tune and put new gas in it. It has kooks longtubes, kooks catted x pipe, magnaflow catback, pulleys, intake, and throttle body.

What should I check?

Change your plugs

gearhead08

Established Member

What should I check?

Early christmas present from santa, custom cam swap without you noticing? But in all seriousness I hope you get it worked out. Never any fun with a 40+k car isnt working right.

Hkaiser83

I am Captain Dynaball.
Established Member
depending on the gasoline - change the fuel filter

That's next on the list. Going in to get that changed out today.

Changing the spark plugs didnt help but I'm glad I did.

I sat with the car for a bit and let it idle while I checked some numbers on the SCT and once it fully warmed up it smoothed back out and ran like a top. So maybe it's just a rough warm up. Also, it does just fine even when warming up right after starting it. After 30-60 seconds it goes back to stuttering.

Any ideas?

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Try putting your stock throttle body back on. See if that changes anything

Hkaiser83

I am Captain Dynaball.
Established Member
Well after having the fuel filter changed out the problem has gone away. Thanks for all the ideas!

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Seems to be that the issue with the fuel filter is the same on both 03-04 cobras an the gt500. Should be a yearly thing to change.

Hkaiser83

I am Captain Dynaball.
Established Member
Is there a way around this fuel filter problem or do we just have to routinely change it out? I don't mind one bit, it's cheap enough. I am just OCD about inherent issues...

heatsoaked12

Established Member
Well I guess it's better than a filter that lets dirt and debris by. I'm at 4500kms and will change mine out as i noticed a hesitation (slight bucking)on the freeway at around 3500 rpm.

Hkaiser83

I am Captain Dynaball.
Established Member
Ended up being one of the front O2 sensors. We re-routed the factory harness on one side to get rid of one of the extensions. Before I could remember we replaced the other O2 sensor with the GT500 sensor rather than the Raptor. Next month I will replace the one with the Raptor O2 sensor. Then I won't have any extensions.

Just an FYI incase any of you run into this.

Users who are viewing this thread