2011 Mustang GT "RACE TRACK PACK" build

86Fbody

Established Member
That's the problem. Anyone that knows enough is going to be able to spot the fake and anyone who doesn't, isn't going to care what a Laguna Seca is or what significance it has.

Ehh, to each their own. I'm simply not a fan of putting badges of a different model on your car, just like I don't care for it when I see people putting Cobra badges on their GTs.

What if all of the suspension and motor work was done to make it an LS, or what if I wanted to badge my TermiFox as a Cobra, granted it is a 4 eye so no one should confuse it with a 93.

silversleeper91

LOOK AT ME!
Established Member
the badge was honestly just to be somthing for me. laguna seca is one of my favorate race tracks. and there is only one other emblem in grabber blue. i thought it made a nice touch. and honestly my car would rape a laguna seca on a road course. at this point the only difference between my car and a LS is the engine internals. obv i have ndo not have forged internals where as a LS has forged internals. but over this winter that will change the engine rotating assembly, heads, cams , kooks long tubes etc etc etc will be done. im shooting for 510-540whp at 7900rpm naturally aspirated. i have spoken to several engine and cylinder head builders and that number is realistic (champion cylinder head, florida). i am a true scca/ trans-am, boss nut! for instance did anyone noticed that ford changed the stripes on the 2012 and 2013 bosses? in 1969 the stripe went just on the sides of the car and in 1970 the stripes went onto the hood etc? ford did the same thing with the 2012 and 2013 as if it was a 69-70. the LS and the boss is a great starting point if you want to go racing but you have to have the initial at the time of sales with dealer markup $40k+. then modify the car to actually be competitive. all i did was start with a GT track pack and turn into my creation and it is competitive street or road course. sorry for the rant everyone.........

Last edited:

silversleeper91

LOOK AT ME!
Established Member
image.jpg

image-1.jpg

image-2.jpg

image-4.jpg

Here are a few pictures of the front suspension setup in the car now.

The moddification list:

-BODY-

-TIGER RACING HOOD
-FORD MOTORSPORT WORLD CHALLENGE FRONT SPLITTER
-BLOWFISH RACING FRONT TOW HOOK WITH THE LAGUNA SECA SPLITTER SUPPORT BRACKET
-ROUSH ROCKER PANEL SPLITTERS
-HOME MADE REAR SIDE BUMPER SPLITTERS
-FUNCTIONAL HOME MADE REAR DIFFUSER
-REMOVED THE FOG LIGHTS FOR BETTER RADIATOR COOLING
-2010 BLACK GRILLE PONY
-UPR BLACK 5.0 FENDER BADGES
-FORD GRABBER BLUE LAGUNA SECA FAUX GASS CAP EMBLEM
-UPR SHORTY BLACK ANTENNA
-BOSS 302 FRONT LOWER BUMPER FASCIA
-AEROCATCH HOOD PINS

-WHEELS/TIRES-

-BCRACING TWO PIECE FORGED FJ08 WHEELS ONE OF ONE MADE
FRONT: 19X9.5
REAR:19X11
-TIRES
FRONT: MICHELIN PILOT SPORT N1 265/35-19
REAR: MICHELIN PILOT SPORT N2 305/30-19

-INTERIOR-

-CORBEAU CR1 CLOTH SEATS WITH CORBEAU SLIDER BRACKETS
-HOME MADE REAR SEAT DELETE WITH HELMET MOUNTING
-SPEED DAWGS SHIFTER KNOB IN GRABBER BLUE

-SUSPENSION-

-BCRACING BR TYPE COIL OVER KIT
-UPR FRONT HEIM JOINT ADJUSTABLE SWAY BAR ENDLINKS
-STEEDA BOSS COMP FRONT LOWER CONTROL ARMS WITH X11 BALL JOINTS
-STEEDA BUMP STEER TIE ROD KIT
-REAR J&M LOWER CONTROL ARMS
-UPR REAR UPPER CONTROL ARM
-UPR REAR UPPER CONTROL ARM SPHERICAL JOINT
-J&M ADJUSTABLE PANHARD BAR
-BOSS 302 FRONT STRUT TOWER BRACE
-BOSS 302 LAGUNA SECA FRONT LOWER K-MEMBER BRACE WITH INTEGRATED TRANSMISSION SCOOP
-REAR STEEDA SWAY BAR ENDLINKS
-REAR 2013 GT500 DIFFERENTIAL COVER (HAVE ALL PARTS TO INSTALL REAR DIFFERENTIAL COOLER NEED TO DO OVER THE WINTER)

-ENGINE/ EXHAUST-

-BOSS 302 INTAKE MANIFOLD WITH FORD MOLDED FOAM IN BETWEEN THE INTAKE MANIFOLD AND ENGINE BLOCK (FACTORY ON 2012-2013 BOSS 302)
-JLT COLD AIR INTAKE MANIFOLD
-SCT XCAL TUNER WITH CUSTOM DYNO TUNE 412HP@ 7300 RPM
363TQ@4600 RPM (TO THE WHEELS ON DYNO JET 2000)
-UPR 3 INCH OFF-ROAD X-PIPE
- LETHAL PERFORMACE MID PIPES WITH THE RESONATOR DELETE
-HOME MADE TIG WELDED T304 STAINLESS 3 INCH AXLE BACK WITH MAGNAFLOW COMPETITION MUFFLERS
-BOSS 302 RADIATOR
-BOSS 302 OIL COOLER
-MGW FULL BOX SHORT THROW SHIFTER WITH THE SHIFTER LINKAGE

-BRAKES-

-FRONT 2 PIECE SLOTTED DBA ROTORS
-REAR DBA SLOTTED BRAKE ROTORS
-HAWK BLUE 9012 BRAKE PADS FRONT AND REAR
-J&M FRONT AND REAR STAINLESS BRAIDED BRAKE LINES
-LAGUNA SECA FRONT BRAKE COOLING DUCT KIT
-SUPER BLUE DOT 5 RACING BRAKE FLUID
-FRONT AND REAR MOROSO EXTENDED WHEEL STUDS

As the winter goes i will be upgrading so much more from long tube kooks headers, clutch, flywheel, drive shaft, oil pan, bigger rear brake rotors, roll cage etc. So keep checking back to the thread for more additions!
I may have forgotten some of the mods its hard to remember while writting this and not looking at the car.

Last edited:

apex000

Established Member
It was a bit hard getting through your text , however i got an idea of what you said . ( in your original post )

Awesome build , pretty much dead on the direction i will take my 5.0 as well .

Last edited:

cobrafrek21

amazing car

awesome build, I am extremely jealous and aim do a similar build to my 13 after I pick it up this summer! thank you for the info. what class and body do you or do you plan on racing with?

Zevox

Established Member
Those seats look really good man! Also digging that hood. Not such a fan of the rear valance, little too far out to me but it looks mean.

silversleeper91

LOOK AT ME!
Established Member
i can take some pictures of the under side of the diffuser this week end no problem. i plan on running the car either with COM or with scda this next summer. although the new plan in march is to trailer the car to TX2K14 in texas so we will see. also i just put on a ACCUFAB 85mm throttle body so back on the rollers the car goes to see what kind of an increase i get. recently ive been talking to KOOKS about some custom step long tubes so once they are in the car as well back on the dyno. i need the car to make atleast 440whp by march and i have a few other parts up my sleeve to make a few extra ponies.

silversleeper91

LOOK AT ME!
Established Member
the hood pins are mounted on the radiator support on the left bolt hole on the raqdiator brackets. i drilled the inside holes out and installed the pins there. the area where i installed the pins is stronger because it has more surface arfea to bolt to. and it looks more of a factory install.

silversleeper91

LOOK AT ME!
Established Member
well after the dyno this past saturday i was pleasantly suprised. after the accufab 84.5mm throttle body install the difference was awesome accross the board.
photo2.jpg

DSC_0482.jpg

DSC_0481.jpg

DSC_0475.jpg

silversleeper91

LOOK AT ME!
Established Member
thats 425whp @7500rpm. I am working with KOOKS right now for some step 1-3/4 to 1-7/8 long tubes and a off road x-pipe. so we will see what kind of numbers i can get after the header install. unfortunatly i have not had time to lift the car to take pictures of the underside of the rear diffuser but hopefully i will be able to over the thanksgiving break.

haVesoV777

Established Member
Your set up looks great man, if you ever think you want to make one of those rear seat deletes to sell, let me know I'd be interested..

Users who are viewing this thread