2011 Mustang v6

chris1badL

Established Member
no a 300+hp v6 mustang is girlie.

mustangs are historically v8 pony cars.

Have you ever driven a v8? the sound, the torque, the feel......

thats the whole experience of a mustang.... thats the heritage

Its great that they make a v6 that can do that but me personally its all about the v8.

My first mustang was a v6 and i loved it and thought it was cool as hell. but if i could have afforded a v8 i would have had one.

So when are they delievering your warriors and pink edition???

Couldnt have said it better. The sound of a v8 alone is worth being slower. Never will I own a v6 pony car. Not what there made for. You keep bench racing though buddy. :poke:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Just turn in your balls if you would seriously buy a v6 mustang. Leave those for the women.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Just turn in your balls if you would seriously buy a v6 mustang. Leave those for the women.

Whom are you referring to? I was DD'ing my L for a while but the 13mpg and 90 mile roundtrip commute weren't making me happy. So I bought a Saturn Vue that gets about 23-24mpg. I rarely drive the Shelby as I'm trying to keep miles off it. So since I like mustangs and like 31mpg, the V6 would be a great commuter car. That or I may just purchase another 03/04 Cobra next year. Either way it'll be about this time next year before I can do another purchase.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
a bunch of guys were driving 2010 gts into the low 13's so whats your point, the v6 is still slower?

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I agree the 6 would make a great commuter car. Looks good, great gas mileage, nice little torquey engine to zip in and out of traffic. Really for 23K it's a great deal, good job Ford!

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Be careful if you get a v6. Phizzy pho may insult your manhood.:banana:
Not meaning to insult your man hood, im sure there are plenty of other guys who would rock a pink v6

I understand the passion for a v8. That would explain my 03 cobra that I had. I just think it's impressive that a v6 can be powerful and efficient, and run on 87 octane.
I agree it is impressive but yet its still a v6.... mustang..... you think the the rest of the automotive world is going to welcome you with open arms because you have a 300hp v6?? wrong they are gonna hate just the same as they do on a 412hp 5.0 v8

Couldnt have said it better. The sound of a v8 alone is worth being slower. Never will I own a v6 pony car. Not what there made for. You keep bench racing though buddy. :poke:
Thank you~!

The sound of the V6 pulling away..
:bs:

:beer:

a bunch of guys were driving 2010 gts into the low 13's so whats your point, the v6 is still slower?

Thank you too.

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
It will still ound like a fat pipe machine. ill take the lesser v8 2010 over the fart pipe machine

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member

:bored:

I'll throw $20 out right now for anyone who wants to put up against me that the 2011 V6 will run 13.4s with tires.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I agree the 6 would make a great commuter car. Looks good, great gas mileage, nice little torquey engine to zip in and out of traffic. Really for 23K it's a great deal, good job Ford!

well if you wait long enough Ford will rebate them between 3500-5000 + whatever the dealer will knock off also. I figure for 17K it's a heck of a bargain.

gnats

Find One Recall Daily
Established Member
:bored:

I'll throw $20 out right now for anyone who wants to put up against me that the 2011 V6 will run 13.4s with tires.

If Motor Trend can get a 13.7 with stock tires, 13.4 sounds possible with better track tires. That is a great performance bargain! $ for $ it's probably a better performance bargain than the 2011 gt.

gnats

Find One Recall Daily
Established Member
The article also said that the v6 has the same trans. as the gt as a cost cutting measure for Ford. If the v6 motor is strong enough for mods, the tranny will hold more hp.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
i would take the new V6 over any non cobra/GT500 late model mustang without hesitation. give me the 6, a turbo or 2, and some MM or griggs suspension goodies.

if you guys so concerned about having a car that makes you feel like you have a bigger dick, then maybe you should just grab a 70s 14 second big block. a lot of 4 and 6 cylinders may outrun it, but "at least it's a V8":rollseyes
mustangs are historically v8 pony cars.
mustangs have always historically been "secretary's" cars, with the 6 cylinder always(to my knowledge) outselling the V8. a V8 wasn't even available in the first MY.

Users who are viewing this thread