2011 Mustang v6

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
if you guys so concerned about having a car that makes you feel like you have a bigger dick, then maybe you should just grab a 70s 14 second big block. a lot of 4 and 6 cylinders may outrun it, but "at least it's a V8":rollseyes

haha it does more than that!! :banana:

But seriously, a 2010 GT makes way more power under the curve it also likely has way more untapped potential. People are running mid 12s with the S197 GTs and a few simple bolt-ons.

gnats

Find One Recall Daily
Established Member
i would take the new V6 over any non cobra/GT500 late model mustang without hesitation. give me the 6, a turbo or 2, and some MM or griggs suspension goodies.

if you guys so concerned about having a car that makes you feel like you have a bigger dick, then maybe you should just grab a 70s 14 second big block. a lot of 4 and 6 cylinders may outrun it, but "at least it's a V8":rollseyes

mustangs have always historically been "secretary's" cars, with the 6 cylinder always(to my knowledge) outselling the V8. a V8 wasn't even available in the first MY.

Thank you, Ry_Trapp0. I was beginning to think that there was no intelligent life here. Where I live, alot of guys have to drive lifted pickups to prove their manhood. I guess a few mustang owners need a v8 to be a real man. I don't get it, a 13 second car with a six speed automatic or manual transmission that gets around 30 mpg, handles great, is fun to drive, uses regular unleaded, seems like having your cake and eating it too.

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
i would take the new V6 over any non cobra/GT500 late model mustang without hesitation. give me the 6, a turbo or 2, and some MM or griggs suspension goodies.

mustangs have always historically been "secretary's" cars, with the 6 cylinder always(to my knowledge) outselling the V8. a V8 wasn't even available in the first MY.

still sounds like a liquid doody in the toilet fart pipe machine lol

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
haha it does more than that!! :banana:

But seriously, a 2010 GT makes way more power under the curve it also likely has way more untapped potential. People are running mid 12s with the S197 GTs and a few simple bolt-ons.
well i might just have check these V8 things out...

LOL. your absolutely right about that though, can't beat any of the V8s for power potential.
Thank you, Ry_Trapp0. I was beginning to think that there was no intelligent life here. Where I live, alot of guys have to drive lifted pickups to prove their manhood. I guess a few mustang owners need a v8 to be a real man. I don't get it, a 13 second car with a six speed automatic or manual transmission that gets around 30 mpg, handles great, is fun to drive, uses regular unleaded, seems like having your cake and eating it too.
it all depends what your looking for really. drag racing, any of the V8s hands down. corner carving, the best mix of power and low weight would be a turbo 3.7l V6. daily driving, the 3.7l would be the best of the bunch, but any mustang would do. cruising or what have you, you gotta go with the V8.
still sounds like a liquid doody in the toilet fart pipe machine lol
LOL, i guess we're just gonna have to disagree here. while a V8 does sound better, i do like the buzz of high winding sixes. I5s and V10s take it for me though:rockon:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Very disappointing seeing supposedly grown men associating there manhood with the sound of 8 cylinders lighting off.

Yes firing order and number of cylinders firing does make a difference in the cool sounds capability of different cars. But many of the same mental midgets are buying 4 cams for their DOHC V8s, spending a small fortune for very little power increase, and then raving about the "RAD LOPE DUDE"!!

Sorry that's pretty lame, pull a freaking vacuum line off.

Back in the day you could tell the different engines without even looking, on the back straight at Watkins Glen, between the Cleveland headed SBF cars and the SBC cars.

Why all the disdain and condescension for a V6 DOHC 24 valve 3.7 variable valve timing powerful and light Mustang?

I would consider one when they come onto the used market in a year or two.
I think they would make a KICK ASS track car!

Oh sorry, that would be a track with TURNS!
The availability of inexpensive and plentiful after market parts incl. suspension, brakes, gears, wheels and just regular replacement parts makes both cars very attractive.

The V6 is particularly attractive due to the lightness and the multifaceted benefits that lightness brings.

Look at the brake performance of the non-Brembo equipped V6 car!
What happens when you take that same car and add the 14" Brembos and light 18" wheels that JUST CLEAR the brakes.

A lighter car will corner faster than the same car with more weight, it won't be as fast at the end of the straight but it will be faster in the corner and at corner exit, so depending on the length of the straight the more powerful version of the car may not have enough room to catch up.

If the weight difference and the cornering speed difference is great enough it is possible that at some tracks that DO NOT have a lot of very long straights, the V6 car may prevail.

I have had to give "point bys" to less powerful, lighter (flat) 6 cylinder cars that were clearly turning faster lap times than I was.
I could annihilate them on all of the straights, but they would still end up right in my mirror corner after corner.
It only takes about two corners with a Cayman S filling your mirror to tell you you need to let that guy by.

Oh BTW... They sound freaking AWESOME!

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
LOL you people are hilarious.

Go buy your v6 and enjoy it. Its a good car and good power for the dollar. enjoy your "secretary" car

9746Cobra

spinnin4Vs
Established Member
I think what it comes down to is the v6 stang is a fine car until you decide to drag race other performance cars.

A performance car does have to be fun to drive and make the right sounds. We know the car will be fun to drive and there are plenty of aftermarket parts to re engineer things as we desire. We might be getting a new stang and if the v6 sounds great we will consider it. We can get the D plan so it would be a great deal to get a non premium for around $20-21K. And yes it would see open tracking! I coulldn't care less about drag racing. Thats about as boring as nascar. (no I take that back, nascar is far more boring)

There WILL be videos of stock/altered suspension v-6's stangs doing plenty of passing on road courses.

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
There WILL be videos of stock/altered suspension v-6's stangs doing plenty of passing on road courses.

Perhaps, but I doubt very many.
If you think about it, very few people are going to pass up a new GT with brembos if they want to take the car to the track. This car will be purchased by a lot of women, duh, cummuters, and probably for young kids whose parnets don't want to put them in a 400+hp GT. I don't see very many people in those segments heading to a road course with their cars.

DropTheGloves

Banned
You people fight like kids. Grow up.

The new 2011 V6 Mustang is a nice car. I honestly, wouldn't mind having one. I'd probably get the black one, and get white racing stripes, then get the hood scoop....powder coat the rims to a darker color...and then add some bolt on's.

13.7 seconds in the 1/4th is not bad. It does 5.1 seconds 0-60mph, which is also not bad. With bolt on's, I could definitely see 12's... in the 1/4th, and 4's in the 0-60, easily.

People need to grow up. If people are going to talk trash just because it's a v6, and they feel the need to talk smack because they are compensating for the lack of their manhood...then go right ahead, but the new v6 is a whole lot better than the last gen v6.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
You people fight like kids. Grow up.

The new 2011 V6 Mustang is a nice car. I honestly, wouldn't mind having one. I'd probably get the black one, and get white racing stripes, then get the hood scoop....powder coat the rims to a darker color...and then add some bolt on's.

13.7 seconds in the 1/4th is not bad. It does 5.1 seconds 0-60mph, which is also not bad. With bolt on's, I could definitely see 12's... in the 1/4th, and 4's in the 0-60, easily.

People need to grow up. If people are going to talk trash just because it's a v6, and they feel the need to talk smack because they are compensating for the lack of their manhood...then go right ahead, but the new v6 is a whole lot better than the last gen v6.

PROPS!!! WOW you've been here since November 09 and have held off posting until just now!
No doubt motivated by the incredibly sophomoric idiocy exhibited in this ridiculous V6 bashing thread!

One of the BEST FIRST POSTS EVER!!!
:rockon::beer::bowdown:

A lot of people get hooked on open track and road racing and have to switch to lighter cars eventually because tires and brake expense on our beloved V8s gets to be too much and ends up limiting our track time.

I can't even count how many guys I know that had to ditch their V8 car and switch over to something much lighter.

This car will help stem the defection to older BMWs and Miatas!
and that is a GOOD THING!

I may pick up a used one in a few years for that exact reason!!

DropTheGloves

Banned
PROPS!!! WOW you've been here since November 09 and have held off posting until just now!
No doubt motivated by the incredibly sophomoric idiocy exhibited in this ridiculous V6 bashing thread!

One of the BEST FIRST POSTS EVER!!!
:rockon::beer::bowdown:

A lot of people get hooked on open track and road racing and have to switch to lighter cars eventually because tires and brake expense on our beloved V8s gets to be too much and ends up limiting our track time.

I can't even count how many guys I know that had to ditch their V8 car and switch over to something much lighter.

This car will help stem the defection to older BMWs and Miatas!
and that is a GOOD THING!

I may pick up a used one in a few years for that exact reason!!

Lol thanks man. I get tired of people acting like 5, and bashing others because of preferences. Some can afford a v8, and some can't. Having a v6 makes you no less of a man. Nor would I consider the new v6 mustang a chicks car. The car can down right fly.

People just need to grow up. The whole "I am better than you" attitude because they have a v8, and you have a v6 reminds me of high school.

I will say I also am seriously considering getting the v6 as well. Then of coursing adding every single basic bolt on I can find, and getting a tune. However, I am still kinda up in the air on that, because I am moving to CO.

Customgamer1

Lol thanks man. I get tired of people acting like 5, and bashing others because of preferences. Some can afford a v8, and some can't. Having a v6 makes you no less of a man. Nor would I consider the new v6 mustang a chicks car. The car can down right fly.

People just need to grow up. The whole "I am better than you" attitude because they have a v8, and you have a v6 reminds me of high school.

I will say I also am seriously considering getting the v6 as well. Then of coursing adding every single basic bolt on I can find, and getting a tune. However, I am still kinda up in the air on that, because I am moving to CO.

I think some people are just mad that they bought a 2010 GT and now the 2011 v6 is coming out with just about the same power and with some slight mods could easily match the 2010 GT's numbers.

If someone buys a base 2011 v6 and then spends around the $7,000 in savings over a base v8 on mods it might make a very interesting race between the two cars around a track in my opinion.

Last edited:

bunk22

Established Member
I'm thinking of replacing my 03 3.5l Altima with a 2011+ Mustang v-6. I've already got my modded C6 for my hobby car so it would be a decent daily driver. Hell, same power as the 96-98 Cobra's, looks like just as quick stock for stock. I like it :beer:

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
I would say that the OP set the wrong tone for the thread to begin with......

To all the poor saps who paid 30k for a 2010 Mustang Gt, I feel bad for you. 2011 Mustang V6-0-60=5.1, quarter mile=13.7 @102 mph. All for around 23k.

It sets up a defensive tone for us poor saps, who didnt know what we were buying.... if only we knew that the v6 was going to run so well.... oh wait....

as I said before it is cool that a v6 runs that well, but its not for me..... Its like ordering a bacon cheeseburger with out the bacon and cheese. whats the point?

Last edited:

DropTheGloves

Banned
I would say that the OP set the wrong tone for the thread to begin with......

It sets up a defensive tone for us poor saps, who didnt know what we were buying.... if only we knew that the v6 was going to run so well.... oh wait....

as I said before it is cool that a v6 runs that well, but its not for me..... Its like ordering a bacon cheeseburger with out the bacon and cheese. whats the point?

1). Sad excuse. Wanna try again? How about the guys that think all v8's are superior, and that if you don't have a v8, you're pathetic.

2). Everyone knew the 5.0 was coming out for a while. Everyone knew the v6 was getting a drastic upgrade, performance wise.

3). It's fine that the v6 is not for you, but that doesn't mean knock it.

Bottom line...

If you don't like it, don't knock on it. If you don't like it, stop coming into the v6 threads. Simple as that.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
1). Sad excuse. Wanna try again? How about the guys that think all v8's are superior, and that if you don't have a v8, you're pathetic.
How is that a sad excuse its the truth?
I never said that if you dont have a v8 your pathetic. I said that if you are going to buy a mustang then buy a v8.

2). Everyone knew the 5.0 was coming out for a while. Everyone knew the v6 was getting a drastic upgrade, performance wise.
And whats that have to do with it? its still a v6 and the 3v gts will still take it in every aspect exept fuel mileage. and if your concerned about that then buy a prius.

1).
If you don't like it, don't knock on it. If you don't like it, stop coming into the v6 threads. Simple as that.

As i have said before i dont dislike them, i think its great the v6 can do that, I just dont like when people get the misconception that their v6 can whip the v8 of the same car. (s197) Its a rather ricer-ish thing to do.

Last edited:

metaman

Established Member
They are going to sell an ass load of the new v6's to the average consumer. That car does not exist for the hard core performance enthusiast. It was built that way to destroy the domestic and import competition. There is nothing else that you can buy right now for that kind of money with the power to weight ratio of the new V6. No one who bothers to do research on their new car purchase will buy a camaro or challenger v6 if they test drive all three. This is why Ford is not bankrupt and the other two are.

Users who are viewing this thread