2012 c63 amg

BRIZZOK84

Established Member
c63amgblackaero2.jpg

By brizzok84 at 2011-09-18by Teddy Field

Mercedes is now offering Track and Aero packages for their unholy C63 AMG Black. Now carbon fiber and sticky rubber can be added to your track terrorist, making it stickier than fly paper soaked in Super Glue.
As cars go, the 2012 Mercedes- Benz C63 AMG Coupe Black Series is pure evil, trimmed in carbon fiber. It's got a naturally aspirated 6.2 liter V8 with forged pistons and connecting rods, a hardened lightweight crankshaft and a new engine control unit. This adds up to 510 horsepower & 457 ft-lbs of torque, fed through the paddle-shifted AMG SPEEDSHIFT MCT-7 transmission.

It has an impressive 0-60 time of 4.2 seconds. But that has little to do with this car's appeal.

What makes the C63 AMG Black so special, is its sheer ability to raise H-E-double-hockey-sticks. It has a motorsports-derived coilover suspension, tighter steering, 'modified' anti roll bars, and the track has been widened by 1.57-inches in the front, and 3.11-inches in the rear. Combine all of that with aluminum-lead brake disks the size of Montana, a locking rear differential, and a watered down ESP system, and you get a car that'll hang its rear end out faster than a transvestite at Mardi Gras.
c63amgblackaero.jpg

By brizzok84 at 2011-09-18

Most Black Series Merc's come into their own on a racetrack, not crawling down the 405. So it's no surprise that Mercedes is offering a pair of Track packages for the C63 AMG Black (which is the automotive equivalent of fitting Edward Scissor-hands with a pair of chainsaws). The first is called the AMG Aerodynamic pack, and it adds an adjustable carbon fiber rear wing, along with two sets of carbon fiber 'winglets' to the front valance. As tiny as they are, those 'winglets' are supposed to significantly increase frontal downforce, while the rear wing pushes the rear down for extra grip in the curves.

The AMG Track Package takes the insanity even further, by adding a bespoke set of 19-inch Dunlop sport tires, and a special radiator to cool the oil in the differential (it's located just behind the rear diffuser). Put the two packages together, and you can make your mental muscle car stickier than...flypaper soaked in Super Glue.
c63amgblackaero3.jpg

By brizzok84 at 2011-09-18
I want one so bad:rockon:

Z28

Established Member
The spoiler looks tacky, other than that it looks sweet.

BRIZZOK84

Established Member
As for how mush the C63 cost I would think its in the $75,000 rang. The C63 with arrow package it could cost $5,000 to $8,000 more.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The spoiler looks tacky, other than that it looks sweet.

I have to agree. It looks much more like a cheap aftermarket spoiler than it does a factory unit. I know it's CF, but it just looks cheap. Other than that, I love everything else about the C63 AMG.

Users who are viewing this thread