2012 Cobra Jet

WeeZee

Member of NMRA
Established Member
its a fully built race car. to take a brand new mustang and do everything to this car (professionally built) to run 10s right out of the box, would probably cost more. plus all the hassle of having one built, and going through the fixes and tweaking of building such a car.

maybe if you bought a new V6 and did all the work yourself. but its for people with $$ who want to be able to buy it and go race. to not to have to wait forever having every little thing done to it and then all the testing and tweaking. i think its a brilliant idea for someone who can afford it and doesnt want to actually build a car.

they certainly have no problem selling every single one of them. for the rest of us "regular folks", we can build our own, slowly.....over time..... lol

true true, I see your angle. still $100k seems overkill I thought SuperSnakes were bad at $75-85k but WOW !!! TF wheels are badass buy the way, make some like the Shelby Alcolas !!! Can u get your wheels in powdercoat white and silver ?

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
Manley rods for 2012... Hmmm

Wonder if we will see a better rod in a more powerful gt500 for 2012 as well ?

Last edited:

DirtyD916

SVT Based God
Established Member
$110,000 skyline = "omg who would pay that for a nissan"
$110,000 mustang = "well you couldnt build it for cheaper so I like"

Cool logic svtp. Cool. Logic.

sidenote: I do like this cobra jet alot, but I just think its funny that in any other car thread the cost is always a HUGE issue with posters here and the majority of ridicule is because of it. Yet when its a ridiculously overpriced Ford everyone seems to find a way to justify it. Just sayin'......

Last edited:

Wayneo

Established Member
Should be a beast. I'm just wondering if the 2012 shelby is going to have the aluminum block!!!

Last edited:

BlownBolt

Doesn't Care
Established Member
$110,000 skyline = "omg who would pay that for a nissan"
$110,000 mustang = "well you couldnt build it for cheaper so I like"

Cool logic svtp. Cool. Logic.

sidenote: I do like this cobra jet alot, but I just think its funny that in any other car thread the cost is always a HUGE issue with posters here and the majority of ridicule is because of it. Yet when its a ridiculously overpriced Ford everyone seems to find a way to justify it. Just sayin'......

Because the Nissan wont be worth shit later on. A lot of these cars are put away and will be worth big money later on. They are 1 of 50, they will always be worth big money. The Challenger race car Dodge is building will most likely be worth money to. Your Nissan wont. WHy are you even comparing a Skyline to a non-street legal limited production car? Compare it to a zr1 or something in its category. Just sayin

Last edited:

BigDan

Established Member
This doesn't seem like much of a price increase once you optioned out a 2010 CJ with the AL block, auto trans, and other stuff that now comes standard.

DirtyD916

SVT Based God
Established Member
Because the Nissan wont be worth shit later on. A lot of these cars are put away and will be worth big money later on. They are 1 of 50, they will always be worth big money. The Challenger race car Dodge is building will most likely be worth money to. Your Nissan wont. WHy are you even comparing a Skyline to a non-street legal limited production car? Compare it to a zr1 or something in its category. Just sayin

Oh I didn't see that they were making only 50. Guess I should learn to read :beer:

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
Very nice but what has the world come to when a Ford Mustang costs $90-100k

i was just gonna say, "what a rip off!" but sweet car never-the-less. Im not into drag racing anymore s stuff like this just doesn't excite me any more. I think i would be better off with a new Roush instend that has great all around performance

Users who are viewing this thread