2012 GT Auto Paxton Dyno 765 RWHP

Buster

Established Member
Hey Guys

Dynoed my car a few days ago. Here are the details:

Motor - Stock
Tranny - Stock
Converter - Stock (sent in my other converter in to be restalled)
Exhaust - Completely Stock (including stock cats)

Mods:

Paxton 2200 Kit - 15 PSI
Boss Intake
SCT Race Pro - My tune with the help from casey at aps (base file) and mastwolf (shifts)
E85 Gas + Methanol injection
Paxton Boost a Pump
ID 1000 injectors
TSS oil pump gears
3.73 gears (going back to stock 3.15's this week)
Nittos NT05R tires

I wanted to see how far we could push the stock pump on E85, with 2 nozzles of methanol Injection. The car made 765 HP and 546 Torque but was completely out of fuel at that point. Here is the dyno graph.

a207917139a7918e212835_l.jpg

Last edited:

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
Is it me or do those numbers seem a little on the conservative side for 15 PSI and meth??? Good numbers none the less, how much timing and what is your AFR? What RPM were you running out of fuel?

Buster

Established Member
If you look at the CF factor or SAE ours was 1.02 or 2%, I've seen files posted on here that have CF of 9%, not knocking anyone but if the dyno operator wanted to make these numbers bigger he certianly could. I realize guys in colorado would require a much higher CF but I've seen files from simular altitudes with 7% more correction than our. Im not interested in starting a debate just pointing it out since you asked.

The stock exhaust could also be holding it back a bit. We played with timing and 18 degrees made the same power as 21 degrees. AFR hit high 12's (way too lean).

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
What were the peak uncorrected numbers? What was the DA? I'm not criticizing, I'm just asking questions.

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
how long will that engine last with that amount of power? Didn't think the GT had supporting base block for that. I could be wrong. Still tons of power though!! Vids?

Buster

Established Member
What were the peak uncorrected numbers? What was the DA? I'm not criticizing, I'm just asking questions.

We're at 841 feet above sea level (Minneapolis, MN) not sure what the DA was that day, and if I remember right the uncorrected numbers were 749.

Last edited:

Buster

Established Member
Nice numbers. With E85 and Meth I guess the timing is set to the moon. Sure makes the pwr jump.

I had been running around with 21 degrees, on the dyno I took out 3 degrees just too see if the power would drop and the power was the exact same. So now im running 18 degrees.

04SNK390HP

I hate SHEEPLE
Established Member
Your definetly flirting with time on those stock rods at that level. Nice numbers though. These 5.0's certainly are beastly out of the box.

kingnut

Established Member
And 373's.... damnnn. 315's are gonna be nice. You must be banging into 2nd gear.

Buster

Established Member
And 373's.... damnnn. 315's are gonna be nice. You must be banging into 2nd gear.

To be honest my main reason for switching back to stock gears is to get the car to drive like stock again. There are so many damn tables for the tranny that it just isn't right with the 3.73's, it up-shifts great but the downshifts and lockup aren't right. I want to be able to rug the car at 60 and not be bouncing off that damn rev limiter.

twistedneck

Established Member
Your definetly flirting with time on those stock rods at that level. Nice numbers though. These 5.0's certainly are beastly out of the box.

Still have only seen rods fail from something else causing a problem.. never seen a stock GT rod fail from the bolt, wrist pin, or the high stress area unless it was damaged, had a bad piston / ring, spun a bearing, etc.

Do you have any pics or a story of a factory GT rod failing w/o first having some other comlication?

wnt2gofst

Banned
That is some good power. Nice to see E85 being used on a stock fuel system with injectors. I was told I wouldn't be able to do without return style system.

I would get an o/r x on there though. Get rid the cats before they melt and you kill the engine. Plus it will net a few more ponies.

Users who are viewing this thread