2012 GT Auto Paxton Dyno 765 RWHP

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
Glad to see some number! I bet that car rolls out on the street. How do those tires hold up?

Chris

Buster

Established Member
Nice #'s. what Meth kit are you using?

I'm running the aem kit, it's really a nice kit except you have to take the check valves out of the nozzels as they go bad, I ended up buying an inline check valve from ais which has worked great.

Buster

Established Member
That is some good power. Nice to see E85 being used on a stock fuel system with injectors. I was told I wouldn't be able to do without return style system.

I would get an o/r x on there though. Get rid the cats before they melt and you kill the engine. Plus it will net a few more ponies.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, I think the bank 2 cat has already started to melt as that side is using less fuel, I'm seeing a 5% difference from bank1 to bank2.

theFNG

Established Member
Is the boost-a-pump enough for e85? Everything I have heard is that e85 takes some serious pumps and injectors on import cars.

Buster

Established Member
Glad to see some number! I bet that car rolls out on the street. How do those tires hold up?

Chris

Hey Chris,

Thanks again for your help. The car runs good on the street, feels like a low 10 high 9 second car. The nt05s are a great street tires but don't launch real well on this car, the sidewall is just too stiff, but from a 20 mph roll it hooks great.

Buster

Established Member
Is the boost-a-pump enough for e85? Everything I have heard is that e85 takes some serious pumps and injectors on import cars.

Get the kenne bell 20v bap, id1000 injectors and your good for around 650-700 hp on e85. The vortech 18v boost a pump is good to low 600s. Methanol makes up 18% of my total fuel.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Still have only seen rods fail from something else causing a problem.. never seen a stock GT rod fail from the bolt, wrist pin, or the high stress area unless it was damaged, had a bad piston / ring, spun a bearing, etc.

Do you have any pics or a story of a factory GT rod failing w/o first having some other comlication?

I bent a rod, caught it before it broke.

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
I believe Beefcake is also using the stock MAF, with a larger housing. But he is pushing over 1000 to the wheel.
I can't speak from experience about this, but have you tried consulting with some of the popular tuners (Lund Racing or Shaun @ AED) on this forum about this issue? It doesn't sound like you should be pegging the MAF just yet.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
great power

I had been running around with 21 degrees, on the dyno I took out 3 degrees just too see if the power would drop and the power was the exact same. So now im running 18 degrees.

that doesn't make sense though. these cars love timing, especially on e85,

we were making mid 7's last year at around 22.5 degrees

e85 and 24.5 make over 1000rwhp

the engine should last some time on a good tune on e85,, it does great for the cylinder cooling

as far as maxing out the maf, on a 3" tube, we made 960whp on the stock maf,

we have swapped to the proM, it did give us more room and more control at that level

we are a dealer for them as well

wnt2gofst

Banned
It's a 3.6 pulley. Made like 10-11 psi with meth. Xxx performance tuned it. I pegged around 7200 rpm.

I'm running 11-12 boost. Made over 700whp and my maf is good. Maybe tuner isn't tracking how to extend it. My tuner had some issues at first but Lund helped out. I have a PROM maf though brand new still never used it. If interested let me know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Buster

Established Member
great power

that doesn't make sense though. these cars love timing, especially on e85,

we were making mid 7's last year at around 22.5 degrees

e85 and 24.5 make over 1000rwhp

the engine should last some time on a good tune on e85,, it does great for the cylinder cooling

as far as maxing out the maf, on a 3" tube, we made 960whp on the stock maf,

we have swapped to the proM, it did give us more room and more control at that level

we are a dealer for them as well

I would have guessed the same thing, but for whatever reason it made the same power. I still plan on trying different timing at the track but for now 18 is the number.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I would have guessed the same thing, but for whatever reason it made the same power. I still plan on trying different timing at the track but for now 18 is the number.

these cars love timing :)

did you actually log the timing, or is that what your commanding, depending on how the tune is set up, it could still be giving it a few degrees if it's not picking up knock

01bluesnake

Established Member
They do love timing. The only way i learned to tune E85 is by power not knock. E85 doesnt knock the same as a petroleum based fuel. Typically E85 won't knock or be picked up by knock sensor's until A/F is too lean or too much timing is into it. Might be also able to get a few more degree's of timing into it with a better exhaust. The stock setup is way to restrictive for that type of power and is holding it back from more timing or power.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread