2012 GT...Engine Dead RIP

ESU1909

Established Member
As the title states....after 1 year of ownership, I've blown my dead stock un-modded engine. As I was driving home from the car wash....cruising at 40-45 mph all power ceased. Luckily it didn't happen on the freeway, so fortunately I coasted into some side lot. After trying to jump start the car with no luck (lights, windows, radio were all operational) I had my car towed to the dealership.

Dealership had no luck starting the car, so they took the engine apart and found the #6 cylinder in shambles...they showed me the damage. They also showed me the dissected oil filter with bits and pieces of metal in the oil.

With no questions asked (I'm still 100% covered with the warranty)...the dealership has already ordered me a brand new engine. They are also covering my rental car for the duration.

Thought I'd share My Story.....I Love My Mustang, and I can't wait to get her back.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
wow thats a crazy failure. but the good thing is that you wont have to spend any money.

01bluesnake

Established Member
Why would his confidence be different with a new engine?

This is just a rare failure..

This^,

But do expect people to blow this out of proportion. Its no different than any other car make or model for this to happen. Have seen cars come right off the delivery trailers with engine knock or transmissions go out before they even make it to the lot to be PDI'd.

ESU1909

Established Member
Confidence wise, I'll be good. It's gonna be a brand new engine. When I first bought the car, I will admit...I babied & drove the car like a "Wuss"

You guys think I should pound a little harder on the car and drive it hard?? Any suggestions on breaking in a Coyote will be greatly appreciated.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Confidence wise, I'll be good. It's gonna be a brand new engine. When I first bought the car, I will admit...I babied & drove the car like a "Wuss"

You guys think I should pound a little harder on the car and drive it hard?? Any suggestions on breaking in a Coyote will be greatly appreciated.

Drive it like you intend it to be used. Ive drove my car hard from the start.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member

just brake it in at the drag strip. it will be fine. nothing that you did was wrong the first time around. with the stock tune there is not really much that you can do to cause that type of damage. if there is coolant in the tank and oil in the engine and you dont shift from third to first at wot it shouldnt have any type of issues.

ESU1909

Established Member
just brake it in at the drag strip. it will be fine. nothing that you did was wrong the first time around. with the stock tune there is not really much that you can do to cause that type of damage. if there is coolant in the tank and oil in the engine and you dont shift from third to first at wot it shouldnt have any type of issues.

Thank You. Will Do.

Poppacapp

Established Member
Just a note.. a guy in our local Mustang Club put his 11' 5.0 on the dyno at a Car show, and his car was running pretty lean with the factory tune. All he had was an axleback, and cold air setup with oem maf.

Ill_W1N

Established Member
Seat those rings right, rip on that shit out of the stealership when you get it back!

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
Just a note.. a guy in our local Mustang Club put his 11' 5.0 on the dyno at a Car show, and his car was running pretty lean with the factory tune. All he had was an axleback, and cold air setup with oem maf.

yeah, the cold air setup is the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread