2012 GT500 or 2015 GT Premium?

03ZYSVT

Established Member
Pretty much what the title says. Looking to get a new toy and am going between these two. Comments and thoughts are welcome.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
What's your intention with the toy? Leaving it stock and want a warranty?
You want more electronic gadgets inside?
wanna go fast in a straight line and make cheap power for under 1k?
wanna have a headturner?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I would go for the 2012 if it had really low miles. Mainly because I like the body style much better than the '15.

How many miles on the 2012 GT-500 you're looking at? Price? Mods?

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
I would go for the 2012 if it had really low miles. Mainly because I like the body style much better than the '15.

How many miles on the 2012 GT-500 you're looking at? Price? Mods?

This. Low Mileage and stock I would grab the GT500, other than that I would get the 15.

xenodragon

Established Member
If I hadn't recently driven the new mustang I would say the Shelby, but I just drove the new GT and I was beyond impressed with it. I would say go for the new GT.

03ZYSVT

Established Member
The Shelby has 14,XXX miles and These Mods:
Kooks 1 7/8" Long-Tubes
Kooks "Off-Road" X-Pipe also have interchangeable Catted pipes
Borla ATAK Cat-Back exhaust
Avant Garde M310 Dolphin Grey, Front:19x8.5 Offset 35 / Rear: 19x9.5 Offset 40 Front: Nitto INVO 255/40/19 Rear: Nitto INVO 285/35/19
Air Lift Performance Digital Air Suspension Kit
Diablo Sport Trinity T-1000 Programmer/Monitoring
2013 GT500 Front Grilles

Including Nav and all the stock goodies as well. He's wanting 43K OBO.

I haven't driven the Shelby yet, but I have driven the 15 GT and I like it. I just want something to go have fun in and possibly do a little racing here and there. I love all the gadgets in the '15 because it's very similar to my '13 Fusion Energy Titanium that I have now.

03ZYSVT

Established Member
Drive it and you'll understand why you want it over the '15.

:D
Has anyone bagged their GT500? What're your thoughts on that when it comes to carving corners and the ¼ mile? I've had really fast cobras before, so I'm sure it would be like those. My last cobra was 650RWHP so this one would probably be close. Plus with the 15's you can throw a whipple on the stock block and be making 700RWHP as well.

03ZYSVT

Established Member
Why would you want to bag it? You can choose pimp or performance. My personal choice would be the base 15 GT with performance pack and recaros.

That's my thoughts too. This Shelby has air suspension and I don't know how I feel about that yet. I guess I'll have to drive it and see. If not I'll just grab a Fastback Premium GT

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
The Shelby has 14,XXX miles and These Mods:
Kooks 1 7/8" Long-Tubes
Kooks "Off-Road" X-Pipe also have interchangeable Catted pipes
Borla ATAK Cat-Back exhaust
Avant Garde M310 Dolphin Grey, Front:19x8.5 Offset 35 / Rear: 19x9.5 Offset 40 Front: Nitto INVO 255/40/19 Rear: Nitto INVO 285/35/19
Air Lift Performance Digital Air Suspension Kit
Diablo Sport Trinity T-1000 Programmer/Monitoring
2013 GT500 Front Grilles

Including Nav and all the stock goodies as well. He's wanting 43K OBO.

I haven't driven the Shelby yet, but I have driven the 15 GT and I like it. I just want something to go have fun in and possibly do a little racing here and there. I love all the gadgets in the '15 because it's very similar to my '13 Fusion Energy Titanium that I have now.

Get the 2015 GT

Dynobrat

Established Member
The Shelby will hold its resale value a lot better than a 15 GT...something to consider. In three years what will a 15 GT be worth?

Rct851

Established Member
I'd find a gt500 thats atleast closer to stock. The 2015s are badas but I already see so many you would think it's 5 years into the model run.

I am a little bias though being a 2013 gt owner my number one criteria for my next car is to find a used "premier" vehicle as oppose to the entry level v8. The 5.0 is an amazing platform but I'm not interested in throwing 12k in mods at it next time around. That and the fact my gt has alrwsy lost soooo much value

VaporGT

-
Established Member
I may be biased (I think the 15 GT looks like an aborted Fusion/14 GT love child), but the GT500 is tough to beat. I was faced with the same choice six years ago and went the GT route. I still regret it. Even with a turbo it's still a regular GT. Same ones you'll see driving around every day for the next decade.

If you want to build a nasty street sleeper, then go 15 GT.

If not, GT500 and never look back. Worst case you can buy a 15 next year when the 16s flood the market.

Users who are viewing this thread