2012 MY Order Bank Info

65SC

Established Member
keep them coming

Yes indeed there will be a 2012 GT500.

The 2012 Order Banks are visible now, and the aluminum 5.4L 4V Supercharged V8 carries on for the 2012 model year.

12 MY Order Bank Open Date: 11/8/10

12 MY Scheduling Begins: 12/2/10

12 MY Job #1 Date: 1/18/11

(11 MY Job Last Date: 1/14/11)

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
Wow never would have guessed after all the rumors of not making a '12...curious to find out what the HP will be considering the new Z/28 is 556HP..

quikcobra

Established Member
Wow never would have guessed after all the rumors of not making a '12...curious to find out what the HP will be considering the new Z/28 is 556HP..

I dont know much about the camaro, But Ford does work with less HP usually. I had a good run with a white and orange stripped new body SS, With my Daily driver (05 altima ser 6mt) and I pulled about a car and a half. So with w/e they do still a chebby lol. I hope ford does it big tho

traktrbeam

Oh Noes!
Established Member
Premium Member
I dont know much about the camaro, But Ford does work with less HP usually. I had a good run with a white and orange stripped new body SS, With my Daily driver (05 altima ser 6mt) and I pulled about a car and a half. So with w/e they do still a chebby lol. I hope ford does it big tho

You pulled a car and a half on a new Camaro SS with your Altima? Did I read that correctly?

rw95gt

Yes, it's stock.
Established Member
I would bet they change almost nothing. Maybe some color/strips options and differant packages but for the most part I think it will be the same as the 11 and 10.

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
I would bet they change almost nothing. Maybe some color/strips options and differant packages but for the most part I think it will be the same as the 11 and 10.

Someone posted over on TS Forum that all the options and color schemes are the same, sterling silver is a color that they eliminated, and Recaro race seats are a new option as well...

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member

The existance of a 2012 GT500 has been a virtual certainty since 2009. Ford and Shelby sign three year contracts (for the use of the Shelby GT500 name). The first contract covered 2007-2009. The second contract covers 2010-2012. I haven't heard anything either way about another 3 year extension. Don't panic, though...regardless of what it is called, there will be a high performance SVT Mustang.

I wouldn't expect much of a horsepower bump if any. Ford has no problem rating the Mustang just under the Camaro (just look at the V6 and GT). The Mustang is still a better car without 'highest horsepower' bragging rights. Even if the Shelby had an extra 100 horsepower, the magazines would still sandbag the Mustang so that the Z-28 beats it ...They have to give people SOME reason to buy a car from Goverment Motors.

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
well i guess we will see more info very soon then since you can no longer order a 2011 GT500

65SC

Established Member
from a dealer on the TS forum

"The 2012 Order Banks are now visible to us dealers and the GT500 is there - coupe and convertible - and still with the same code (99S) aluminum 5.4L SuperCharged 4V V8 from the 2011 model (so it's safe to assume no changes in output). SVT Perf Pkg is still showing as an option, as are the other options from 2011 (electronics pkg, shaker 1000, glass roof, shelby car cover) and no new colors as far as I can tell (but we lose Sterling Gray). The only obvious addition is the Recaro seat option (QD = Black with Red Stripes, Q2 = Black with White Stripes, or QX = Black with Black Stripes).

Too early to place orders, and no pricing is visible yet, but it's clear that the GT500 lives on for 2012 and production will continue at Flat Rock. "

65SC

Established Member
from the TS forum,

"The 2012 and 2013 cars will be very much like the 2011's guys. With the new CAFE standards pending, the big change is going to be 2014 and beyond.
I had lunch yesterday with a very dear friend of mine from Ford Motor Company and he had some rather interesting insight to share.
There IS a signed agreement between Shelby and Ford for the GT500 model for 2012 and 2013. I was told that the whole "Amy thing" centered around the fact that Amy wanted Mr. Shelby NOT to sign that agreement, Amy wanted the GT500 models for 2012 and beyond to be built like the GT350 program, but Mr. Shelby did not agree, and Amy wasn't "fired" per se, she really wanted to bring the GT500 "in house" and they just were not going to agree on it.

As for the design aspect, the cars of course will be S197's, with changes relative things "learned" from previous model years- Look at the '07-'09- The cars are much the same except for some mechanical changes (things like the crank dampener on the '08 for example) Don't look for "big" changes because there won't be any. The 2012 info should start coming out soon and there should be a 2012 GT500 at the 2011 Detroit Auto Show.

The big 'what if" is in regard to what is going to happen for 2014. And word is that there's a divide at Ford as to what direction go; some want a "downsized' S197 platform, and some want a total redesign. The current S197 is simply way too heavy to be able to meet the coming CAFE standards the Obama administration is proposing. I'm told the cars WILL BE REAR WHEEL DRIVE. "

RIXSVT

Established Member

It would nice to see Fords colour Blue flame added to the mix. I think it would be a perfect mix for people who think that grabber blue is to bright, and Kono is to dark.

Users who are viewing this thread